PDA

View Full Version : State of ND honors NDSU!

Green-N-Gold
07-26-2006, 05:29 PM
The new ND quarter. *Shows the world what this state is best known for...THE BISON! *:D

http://in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=134398&section=news

tcbison
07-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Sweet! Looks great to me!

sambini
07-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Awesome . Does SAC STATE HAVE A QUARTER+++++++++++++++

Green-N-Gold
07-26-2006, 09:25 PM
How many other colleges can claim that their mascot is the theme of their state quarter? * ;)

sambini
07-27-2006, 03:43 PM
It rocks++++++++++++

IowaBisonToo
07-27-2006, 06:04 PM
How many other colleges can claim that their mascot is the theme of their state quarter? * ;)
Yeah. You don't see a jackrabbit or coyote or badger or gopher or wolverine on a quarter and you sure as hell aren't going to see a picture of a Sioux! :o Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

Sticks
07-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah. *You don't see a jackrabbit or coyote or badger or gopher or wolverine on a quarter and you sure as hell aren't going to see a picture of a Sioux! *:o *Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

Not entirely true...I remember seeing a nickel that had a Sioux head on the front, and a Bison on the back.....I wonder what ever happend to it..... ;)

virgfoss
07-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah. *You don't see a jackrabbit or coyote or badger or gopher or wolverine on a quarter and you sure as hell aren't going to see a picture of a Sioux! *:o *Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

Not entirely true...I remember seeing a nickel that had a Sioux head on the front, and a Bison on the back.....I wonder what ever happend to it..... ;)

Hmmm. 1 national title and a nickel.......or.....8 national titles and 400 million quarters with a Bison on them distributed all over the country at no expense to the NDSU athletic department? Tough choice. :P

I think they should have put a Nazi symbol on the quarter. That would satisfy UND fans, especially Hitler lovin' Ralph. But, I am sure Adolph and the former Sioux hockey player have become friends in recent years - down there.

broke_back_mnt
07-27-2006, 09:04 PM
We will never play for the Nickel again. *Symbolism on one side of the trophy at least, is considered hostile and abusive. *I cant imagine that trophy ever appearing officially again. *It would be very tacky for NDSU to promote Unds abuse of the Sioux image by competing for that trophy.

I havent found the new qtr yet in my change but Im keeping an eye out for one!

roadwarrior
07-27-2006, 09:52 PM
The quarters will not be released until August 30th.

sambini
07-28-2006, 01:30 AM
Thanks Road for the update++++++++++++++