PDA

View Full Version : Sid Hartman & NDSU articles...NDSU ticket sales

lakesbison
08-24-2006, 04:43 AM
Lets start posting whenever SID has NDSU in his columns.. it's been about once a week.
Didnt NDSU get 8,000 tickets?

The University of Minnesota athletic department has 80 billboards all over the Twin Cities advertising tickets to the Sept. 16 football game against Temple for only $10. ... Associate Gophers athletics director Marc Ryan reports that North Dakota State already has sold 4,000 tickets for their Oct. 21 football game at the Metrodome against the Gophers.

Bemidji State and Winona State, two of the teams that will play exhibition games against the Gophers men's basketball team this season, will be paid $10,000 for playing at Williams Arena. ... Gophers basketball season ticket holders can buy discount tickets to preseason games. The Bemidji State and Winona State tickets will be sold to season ticket holders for $10 per game (a $5 discount) and for $20 to the North Dakota State, Long Island, Iowa State, Clemson, Arizona State, South Dakota State, Arkansas-Little Rock, Central Florida and SE Louisiana games (a $10 discount).

Bisonguy
08-24-2006, 04:59 AM
I thought the initial allotment was 5,000, and of course, many went ahead and did not order them through the Bison ticket office.

lakesbison
08-24-2006, 05:10 AM
True.. I'd say 2500 ordered tickets on thier own via gophersports.com

2500 might get CHEAP tickets from IOWA fans.

1000 tickets via U of Minn season ticket holders and U of Minn Students..

thats dam near 10,000 fans EASILy..

should be fun.

ON www.gojohnnies.com <<< St Johns U... there's a page with ALL links to website mentions of SJU.....

maybe bisonville.com can do this!!! we can all submit links, etc on a daily basis.

what u think??

Bisonguy
08-24-2006, 05:14 AM
BisonInsider.com usually does a pretty good job of covering all articles about NDSU (especially football). They're also pretty receptive about posting someting if you find an article.

tony
08-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Yeah, click the green and yellow Bison in the upper left corner of this page for some BI (BisonInsider) goodness.

Dakota
08-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah, click the green and yellow Bison in the upper left corner of this page for some BI (BisonInsider) goodness.
Tony please get up to speed. No true BISON ever donned any colors but the GREEN AND GOLD. Yellow is for cowards and calf scours.

BisBison
08-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Tony please get up to speed. No true BISON ever donned any colors but the GREEN AND GOLD. Yellow is for cowards and calf scours.

sorry dakota, the colors are green and YELLOW. as in the alumni song "fields of waving green in springtime, golden YELLOW in the fall".

sambini
08-24-2006, 07:31 PM
The yellow and the green. Keep up the grat work Tony and the Bisonville staff+++++++++++++

TonkaBison
08-25-2006, 01:13 AM
The yellow and the green. Keep up the grat work Tony and the Bisonville staff+++++++++++++

Just make sure it is green that you wear to the game not gold or yellow. *You don't want to be confused as being a rodent fan!!!!

Dakota
08-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Sambo no True Bison ever wore yellow only GOLD.

Dakota
08-25-2006, 01:56 AM

sorry dakota, the colors are green and YELLOW. as in the alumni song "fields of waving green in springtime, golden YELLOW in the fall".
GOLDEN IS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

IowaBison
08-25-2006, 02:25 AM
golden is an adjective.

is our other color 'wavy' ?

BisBison
08-25-2006, 02:39 AM
Why would any true BISON Fan denigrate our school colors??? Here's the link to our official school song, in case you are interested. *Do you see gold in there in any way except to describe the shade of yellow?? * http://www.ndsualumni.com/bisonpride/yellow&green.pdf notice the title of the song? Also notice the authors of the song. Doc Putnam and A. E. Minard. These people did more for SU than any of us could hope to do. Some people need a history lesson.

BisBison
08-25-2006, 02:41 AM
golden is an adjective.

;D ;D ;D

lakesbison
08-25-2006, 03:53 AM
QUIT HIJACKING THIS THREAD!!

its only supposed to be used for Sid Hartman mentions of NDSU on startribune.com

Admins!! help!!

Dakota
08-25-2006, 04:31 AM
golden is an adjective.

I believe that would be waving!!!!!!!!!!

IowaBisonToo
08-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks, spell-checker. ::)

sambini
08-26-2006, 03:52 AM
Very good and I did read about NDSU in Sir Sids column this week+++++

lakesbison
08-30-2006, 04:44 PM
http://www.startribune.com/513/story/643855.html

Go bison!

Continue to post tribune articles here! Thanks!

Mr_Meanor
08-30-2006, 04:54 PM

Check out this link

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=714&SPSI D=35833

WYOBISONMAN
08-30-2006, 04:57 PM
No doubt......that is why the song is called The Yellow and the Green!

BisonMav
08-30-2006, 05:23 PM

Should probably change the name of the band to the Yellow Marching Star Band. *;)

WYOBISONMAN
08-30-2006, 05:40 PM

Should probably change the name of the band to the Yellow Marching Star Band. ;)

Good one Gil.......damn you are on top of it this morning! ;)

Hammersmith
08-30-2006, 07:05 PM

Should probably change the name of the band to the Yellow Marching Star Band. *;)

I'm sure nobody really wants to know this, but the gold in GSMB has nothing to do with NDSU. Back when the band was part of ROTC, it recieved many top reviews which were called 'gold stars'. After regularly recieving these honors for a number of years, the "Gold Star" name stuck.

BTW, it's definitely yellow and green. Every time I hear someone going on about how it should be gold, I think of those poor souls up North that deny their green and prairie rose(pink) heritage. Don't be like them; embrace the yellow. :) ;)

BisBison
08-30-2006, 11:13 PM

I'm sure nobody really wants to know this, but the gold in GSMB has nothing to do with NDSU. Back when the band was part of ROTC, it recieved many top reviews which were called 'gold stars'. After regularly recieving these honors for a number of years, the "Gold Star" name stuck.

BTW, it's definitely yellow and green. Every time I hear someone going on about how it should be gold, I think of those poor souls up North that deny their green and prairie rose(pink) heritage. Don't be like them; embrace the yellow. *:) ;)

As a former member of the GOLD Star band myself, I will verify this as true. But the band always had something to do with NDSU, it was afterall the NDSU ROTC that won all the gold stars.

lakesbison
08-31-2006, 02:31 AM
ARGH!!

QUIT HIJACKING MY THREAD!!

DAMMIT

OK OK... TONY ... PUT the LINKS on a seperate THREAD. .and CHANGE THIS TO THE "DAM MARCHING BAND THREAD!!"

dam..

Hammersmith
08-31-2006, 02:33 AM
As a former member of the GOLD Star band myself, I will verify this as true. But the band always had something to do with NDSU, it was afterall the NDSU ROTC that won all the gold stars.

Didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I was only referring to the word gold, nothing else. I put in a year or six in the band myself and had a blast.