PDA

View Full Version : NanoBison

IowaBisonToo
09-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Anybody know what happened to Nano? Saw he is now an "ex-member."

tcbison
09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Again? He was almost back to his 280 posts?

BisonBacker
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
I think if you look at the Bison Media Blog that will answer your questions as to where Nano went. I just read it myself.

IowaBisonToo
09-12-2006, 08:33 PM
I think if you look at the Bison Media Blog that will answer your questions as to where Nano went. *I just read it myself.
Bison Media Blog is a lot of reading for someone who doesn't normally read it. Can you clue me in to which thread you're talking about, BB?

IowaBison
09-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Wow.

Just read it.

Wow.

WYOBISONMAN
09-12-2006, 08:57 PM
I think he got irritated because I mentioned to another poster that Nano didn't speak for me or a lot of NDSU fans...... ::)

BisonBacker
09-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I think he got irritated because I mentioned to another poster that Nano didn't speak for me or a lot of NDSU fans...... ::)
I think you underestimate the number of Bison Fans who have the same or similar feelings. The problem is it isn't always sit well with the PC crowd like 02Bison when someone says anything that may be construed as a negative remark about any other school or individual regardless of if its factual or not.

WYOBISONMAN
09-12-2006, 09:16 PM
I think you underestimate the number of Bison Fans who have the same or similar feelings. *The problem is it isn't always sit well with the PC crowd like 02Bison when someone says anything that may be construed as a negative remark about any other school or individual regardless of if its factual or not.

Well, it isn't costing me any sleep........debate is a part of this type of forum......

IowaBison
09-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Well, it isn't costing me any sleep........debate is a part of this type of forum......

that's it, I'm going to quit giving to Team Makers. ;)

BisonBacker
09-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Won't cost me any either and I don't suspect it will for Nano.

IowaBisonToo
09-12-2006, 09:53 PM
I guess for Nano to throw a fit like that is a little childish. So let Wyo and Tim kiss his ass and be done with it. *As Wyo said, debate is what these boards are all about.

However, for people to discount his concerns like that is being blind. *It doesn't matter that it's UND. *I would imagine he would have made the same exact comments had it been Mayville State that had the funding issues he was concerned about. *In fact, I recall a few posts where he did just that. *I actually think Nano has a leg to stand on when it comes to this issue. *My advisor was deeply entrenched into how the funding of the SBOHE worked. *Besides being on the faculty at NDSU, he was a director (note past tense) for a program that include ALL of the higher ed institutes in the state. *He saw the funding inequities first hand and made it known to us. *He had to put up with the BS of more money going to these other places for stupid sh*t and NDSU getting screwed out of money that could have benefited them much more than these other "more important" programs. *That is exactly why he quit and went back to teaching. *He tried to get things changed but he was from NDSU and he saw that more money went to UND and he, even as the director, couldn't do anything about it.

So, for those to discount Nano because they thought he was being petty due to a dislike for UND is actually being petty in and of itself.

In any case, maybe Nano will come back and have to start over at 1. *Maybe there's a way Tony could bump up his post count to around where it was before. ;)

RedRiver
09-12-2006, 10:03 PM
I think you underestimate the number of Bison Fans who have the same or similar feelings. *The problem is it isn't always sit well with the PC crowd like 02Bison when someone says anything that may be construed as a negative remark about any other school or individual regardless of if its factual or not.

I'm with you on this and couldn't agree more .........

TheBisonator
09-13-2006, 04:03 AM
What did Nano do? I'm a little out of the loop here.

He's a great contributor to discussions of Fargo-Moorhead urban development issues over at the SkyScraperPage.com forum.

IowaBisonToo
09-13-2006, 01:27 PM
What did Nano do? I'm a little out of the loop here.
The the entire thread along with the link and you should be able to figure it out. ;)

IowaBison
09-13-2006, 02:16 PM
So, for those to discount Nano because they thought he was being petty due to a dislike for UND is actually being petty in and of itself.

Telling a member of the community to kiss their a$$ is completely inappropriate, especially on a public, non-Bisonville site.

IowaBisonToo
09-13-2006, 02:29 PM

Telling a member of the community to kiss their a$$ is completely inappropriate, especially on a public, non-Bisonville site.

I understand that and agree with you. However, to an extent, if people wouldn't have kept harping on him to give UND a break or however you want to paraphrase it, do you think it ever would have happened? Probably not. In any case, I still think it was petty on everybodies part but that's just my opinion.