PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Tim Johnson - South Dakota

WYOBISONMAN
12-14-2006, 02:25 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the Senator from our neighbor to the South. Senator Tim Johnson suffered a brain bleed yesterday. I wish him and his familiy the best. He is a USD grad.

IL_Bison
12-14-2006, 10:19 PM
I concur. I am absolutely disgusted at how the media, in the same initial story, speculated on how this may affect the balance of power in the Senate.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah, but that is how the national media is. They say stuff like "our condolances to the family...but if..." While it is probably responsible journalism to report what would happen if he passed away, I still think that it must kill his family to know that they are discussing that on national TV. Last I saw on CNN it looks like his surgery went well though and that he has pretty good chances of pulling through, so good luck Tim.

IowaBison
12-15-2006, 03:04 AM
You can't blame the media for brining up the seismic shift that would occur should Senator Johnson have to vacate his seat. It's the nature of the stories that is somewhat offensive.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-15-2006, 03:43 AM
The problem might be ultimately unavoidable. Like I said it is really hard to balance sensitivity to the family and also cover the repercussions of a potentially large news story. Either way, hope he gets well soon.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
12-20-2006, 04:00 AM
50-50

THEsocalledfan
12-25-2006, 03:10 AM
For any of the pharmacy grads out there....

Senator Johnson was a prime Senate sponsor to make pharmacist providers under Part B of Medicare. He is considered a good friend of pharmacy and I have a friend who is a Bison grad and a pharmacist who knows him quite well.

I have been praying for him and hope for a full recovery.

sambini
12-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Get well Senator++

JackJD
12-25-2006, 05:32 PM
While the news on Tim's progress is sparse, we continue to hear he's making good progress...probably ahead of the curve of what is expected for a normal recovery. Tim is one of the good guys.

Two of my sons are in pharmacy (at SDSU, of course).

THEsocalledfan
01-03-2007, 12:56 AM
While the news on Tim's progress is sparse, we continue to hear he's making good progress...probably ahead of the curve of what is expected for a normal recovery. *Tim is one of the good guys.

Two of my sons are in pharmacy (at SDSU, of course).

If your sons have been admitted to the program (not in pre-pharm), my friend I mentioned above is one of their professors.