PDA

View Full Version : Bakken's Blog......

WYOBISONMAN
01-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Ryan Bakken posted the following on his Blog comments:

The person who signs his posts as "Bakken's Mom" needs to stop. This may be funny to you, but it isn't funny to my family. My mother died in May of Alzheimier's Disease after 10 painful years of not recognizing her family members.

So, whenever you use that posting name, it's hurtful.

This is the difference between me and most of you who reply. I used my name and the rest of you hide behind you pseudonyms. If you put your real name on your posts and be accountable for what you say, then your comments' credibility increases. If you don't, you're cowards.

Posted by: ryan bakken on 1/11/2007 2:28 PM

I would like to suggest that, while many of us disagree with his perspectives at times, we honor this request by Ryan. It is the compassionate and decent thing to do.

D
01-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Ryan Bakken posted the following on his Blog comments:

The person who signs his posts as "Bakken's Mom" needs to stop. This may be funny to you, but it isn't funny to my family. My mother died in May of Alzheimier's Disease after 10 painful years of not recognizing her family members.

So, whenever you use that posting name, it's hurtful.

This is the difference between me and most of you who reply. I used my name and the rest of you hide behind you pseudonyms. If you put your real name on your posts and be accountable for what you say, then your comments' credibility increases. If you don't, you're cowards.

Posted by: ryan bakken on 1/11/2007 2:28 PM

I would like to suggest that, while many of us disagree with his perspectives at times, we honor this request by Ryan. * It is the compassionate and decent thing to do.

Thank you for your call for some respectability Wyobisonman. Whoever is doing that, it is absolutely pathetic. Bakken is someone who has been close to my family for 25+ years. He is a good man with a fantastic sense of humor, despite what some on here think. It is convenient for those of us here to hide our comments behind a screen name. He has the nuts to say what he does and takes credit for his comments, right or wrong depending on your perspective. Disagreeing with someone is one thing. Mentioning family makes it personal and is childish, and frankly, reflects badly upon NDSU fans alike (and it would be no different if a UND fan did it on Kolpack's blog). That crap really pisses me off, especially after being in a fight for my life at the same time as Bak's mom lost hers.

IowaBison
01-12-2007, 02:03 AM
The individual who had been posting as Mr. Bakken's mother was being extremely disrespectful and was trampling on the ever hallowed ground that is love for one's mother and it blew up in his face. It is my hope that the poster had no knowledge of the stuggles Mr. Bakken and his family endured. If that is the case the poster should not be held culpable for causing additional suffering.

kchats
01-12-2007, 04:06 AM
There is a UND fan that posts on Kolpak's Blog as Bison Dan's Mom. Just as disrespectful and disgraceful as well.