PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with NDSU Logos

56BISON73
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey guys I need some help finding NDSU Logos. Heres what I want to do. My wife and I have a small hobby business where she paints wildlife animals on wild turkey feathers. They are then matted and framed and we then sell them at sport shows and on the internet. I thought she could paint some NDSU Logos and we could donate a few to the Team Makers for fund raising efforts etc. For example when they have the 1000.00 drawing at the game the painted feather could be the second prize. To show you what we do our website is
www.wildturkeyfeatherart.com.
So give me some feedback on this and if you have any logos we could use you could just jpeg them to me www.long@bullshoals.net.
Let me know what you think. PL

56BISON73
01-15-2007, 04:14 AM
Does anybody know of a website I could go to to down load some logos??? PL

imabison
01-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Hey guys I need some help finding NDSU Logos. Heres what I want to do. My wife and I have a small hobby business where she paints wildlife animals on wild turkey feathers. They are then matted and framed and we then sell them at sport shows and on the internet. I thought she could paint some NDSU Logos and we could donate a few to the Team Makers for fund raising efforts etc. For example when they have the 1000.00 drawing at the game the painted feather could be the second prize. To show you what we do our website is
So give me some feedback on this and if you have any logos we could use you could just jpeg them to me www.long@bullshoals.net.

Its a great idea but the problem you might run into is that the NDSU logo is controlled by NDSU and not Team Makers. I understand there is very limited use with paying the license fees.

sambini
01-15-2007, 05:13 AM
PL GIVE PAT SIMMERS A CALL AT 701-231-9555 .

2006gwfcchamps
01-15-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm sure he loves it that you're giving out his phone number online....

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Hammersmith
01-15-2007, 03:34 PM

Dude, it's his office number! This is part of his job, you know.

231-NDSU(6378): NDSU ticket office
231-8011: NDSU information
231-7130: NDSU Memorial Union
231-7211: Office of the President, NDSU
231-7761: NDSU Varsity Mart
231-9555: Pat Simmers, Executive Director, NDSU Team Makers, Bison Sports Arena 102Y

Notice a trend here?

2006gwfcchamps
01-15-2007, 03:55 PM
In that case, phone away.

99Bison
01-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Can probably license it from here, however they recently changed the site so you need to create a login first before looking for it...

http://www.trademarxonline.com/account/login

Bisonguy
01-15-2007, 08:52 PM
NDSU is supposedly pretty good about using their logos, as long as you have approval.

56BISON73
01-15-2007, 09:11 PM
NDSU is supposedly pretty good about using their logos, as long as you have approval.

Since the money is coming back to them I wouldt see what the problem would be. But if they got sticlky about it we could just paint a real Bision with NDSU underneath it. Then there would be no questions of copy right infringement. PL

99Bison
01-16-2007, 05:33 AM
I think NDSU, Bison, ND State, etc. are all trademarked in addition to the logos... You are right though I doubt they would have a problem with it, it's not like you are going to make a million dollars on them.

TheDoctor
01-16-2007, 05:49 AM
Hey guys I need some help finding NDSU Logos. Heres what I want to do. My wife and I have a small hobby *business where she paints wildlife animals on wild turkey feathers. They are then matted and framed and we then sell them at sport shows and on the internet. I thought she could paint some NDSU Logos and we could donate a few to the Team Makers for fund raising efforts etc. For example when they have the 1000.00 drawing at the game the painted feather could be the second prize. To show you what we do our website is

56BISON73 --- How did you get that painting as your logo? Did you have to upload the pic to this sight? I am using a web link to a websight that has my pic only on it, BUT if I could upload pics somewhere and reference them I would change pics more often. Any help would be appreciated. :)

TheDoctor
01-16-2007, 05:50 AM

Dude, it's his office number! This is part of his job, you know.

231-NDSU(6378): NDSU ticket office
231-8011: NDSU information
231-7130: NDSU Memorial Union
231-7211: Office of the President, NDSU
231-7761: NDSU Varsity Mart
231-9555: Pat Simmers, Executive Director, NDSU Team Makers, Bison Sports Arena 102Y

Notice a trend here?

WOW! Hammer! *Did you eat your Wheaties this morning? *;D *Your usually not so agressive with people! *;D *;D I like it though! *;D *;D Gives you a little extra spunk! ;D

insane_ponderer
01-16-2007, 01:30 PM
I think NDSU, Bison, ND State, etc. are all trademarked in addition to the logos... You are right though I doubt they would have a problem with it, it's not like you are going to make a million dollars on them.

I think a good example of this is the dude that does the College Team weather vanes. I remember seeing them at street fairs and such and now you can actually order them through the varsity mart.

TheDoctor
01-16-2007, 05:39 PM

I think a good example of this is the dude that does the College Team weather vanes. *I remember seeing them at street fairs and such and now you can actually order them through the varsity mart.

You can even buy them on Ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/NORTH-DAKOTA-STATE-UNIVERSITY-NDSU-BISON-Weathervane_W0QQitemZ120075049097QQihZ002QQcategor yZ25550QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check it out!

56BISON73
01-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Hey guys I need some help finding NDSU Logos. Heres what I want to do. My wife and I have a small hobby *business where she paints wildlife animals on wild turkey feathers. They are then matted and framed and we then sell them at sport shows and on the internet. I thought she could paint some NDSU Logos and we could donate a few to the Team Makers for fund raising efforts etc. For example when they have the 1000.00 drawing at the game the painted feather could be the second prize. To show you what we do our website is

56BISON73 --- *How did you get that painting as your logo? *Did you have to upload the pic to this sight? *I am using a web link to a websight that has my pic only on it, BUT if I could upload pics somewhere and reference them I would change pics more often. *Any help would be appreciated. *:)

Thats a wild turkey feather that my wife painted the Bison. She paints all types of wildlife. I then scan all the different feathers so when potential customers ask if we can paint one hopefully I have one archived that I can email to them to show our work.
But I used the photobucket site you gave me. PL

56BISON73
01-17-2007, 12:36 AM

I think a good example of this is the dude that does the College Team weather vanes. *I remember seeing them at street fairs and such and now you can actually order them through the varsity mart.

You can even buy them on Ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/NORTH-DAKOTA-STATE-UNIVERSITY-NDSU-BISON-Weathervane_W0QQitemZ120075049097QQihZ002QQcategor yZ25550QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check it out!

There is even a guy on Ebay that has sneakers with NDSU embroidered on them. 29.00 PL

sambini
01-17-2007, 02:02 AM
PL DID YOU SEND SIMMERS A PICTURE OF THIS? THEY ARE SWEET+++

56BISON73
01-17-2007, 03:55 AM

Havent yet. How could you tell what it looks like?? Its so small. They actually look awesome first hand. I also have Bison stamps from 1960 (6cents) that I mount in a title cut underneath the feather. Like DU does to there prints.
I tried to contact Simmers but couldnt reach him. Will try again tomorrow.
PL

56BISON73
01-17-2007, 04:41 PM

Havent yet. How could you tell what it looks like?? Its so small. They actually look awesome first hand. I also have Bison stamps from 1960 (6cents) that I mount in a title cut underneath the feather. Like DU does to there prints.
PL

Talked to Simmers this am. The ball is rolling on this. PL

56BISON73
01-18-2007, 08:04 PM

PL

Talked to Simmers this am. The ball is rolling on this. PL

I have all the logos now. PL