PDA

View Full Version : Authentic Football Jerseys

ACES1180
02-01-2007, 05:45 PM
I have been coming to this message board for the last 4 years, but I have finally decided to join in the conversations.

Does anybody know if Scheels or anyone else will be selling authentic Bison football jerseys? I picked up a home version last year at the Scheels in the mall (it was on clearance and well-hidden)...I am now looking for a road version to complete my collection...I just can't allow myself to wear a replica.

If they are not available now, hopefully I can pick one up before the opener.

Thanks

TheDoctor
02-01-2007, 07:46 PM
The actual gameused 2004 jerseys were for sale during the spring game last year. You could contact them and see if they have any left. I got there bright and early to make sure I got #8!

ACES1180
02-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Bisonguy
02-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Try the new Scheel's All Sports. They had authentic road jerseys for sale before they switched to Nike.

Lots 'o Bison gear out there.

Trimmy
02-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah, but no jerseys for 3 year olds! *>:(

Wife picked one up at Varsity Mart today.

Also, they only had some headgear for cold weather running in extra small. *>:(

I just hate it when my favorite store let's me down. *:'(

sambini
02-01-2007, 11:11 PM
I believe they are going to have a sale again at the spring game.

Mr._Bill
02-02-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm with Aces, I want a white 2006 version Nike authentic road jersy, not a 2004 Wilson. I'm surprised that you can't get them. I bet those babies would really sell also because they are sweet. I'll put than jersey up against any college team, I think they really look good.

Will the Bison be making any uniform changes in 2007? i.e. Replacement of the home uniform? I am anxious to see a new Nike home uni.

MN_BISONS
02-02-2007, 02:45 AM

Are you sure Trim? I've gotten my son two jerseys from the new Scheels store the last two times I've been to town, last time was in November. I didn't find them in the section that has all the NDSU stuff, I went back to the kids section. It's been a while, so maybe things have changed.

sambini
02-02-2007, 03:16 AM
Ask them at Scheels they are really good about getting stuff.

56BISON73
02-02-2007, 04:12 AM
I believe they are going to have a sale again at the spring game.

So how do I go about getting my old number if Im not going to be at the game??? PL

ps when is the game??

Trimmy
02-02-2007, 04:12 AM

Are you sure Trim? *I've gotten my son two jerseys from the new Scheels store the last two times I've been to town, last time was in November. *I didn't find them in the section that has all the NDSU stuff, I went back to the kids section. *It's been a while, so maybe things have changed.

My wife checked both sections and asked the workers. I was riding the ferris wheel with my kid, but my wife said they told her they didn't have any. Yeah, I too could have swore I've seen them there. I don't know if they were just out or actually don't carry them anymore. No biggee, my wife works at NDSU so she just picked up some cool stuff there. But, I'll get to the bottom of it at Scheel's, seeing as how I go there nearly weekly.

Had to get the boy decked out for Sports Day at daycare tomorrow. Also, he wants to wear his Bison pants and shirt to the Jacks game Saturday. He wants me to wear my Bison pants and shirt too. I'm thinking that may be a bit over the top, probably a shirt and jeans for me.

Anyone in section BB?

tcbison
02-02-2007, 03:10 PM
The actual gameused 2004 jerseys were for sale during the spring game last year. *You could contact them and see if they have any left. *I got there bright and early to make sure I got #8!

I couldn't make it last year :'(. How did they go about selling them? Was it first come, first serve and they had prices on them. If so, how much? Just curious for this year.

ACES1180
02-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Personally, I've been a bit disappointed with the selection of Bison gear at Scheels. Either they didn't have my size or they didn't have what I was looking for. I also wish they had Bison gear available online. Obviously, their Web site is not equiped to sell a lot of products. I hope this changes in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Scheels, I just wish they had more options/merchandise available.

SDbison
02-03-2007, 05:44 PM
I talked with Dave in the Bison apparel area of Scheels last fall about the lack of authentic Nike jerseys. I believe he said something like Nike did not allow them to sell the authentic jerseys during the first year so hopefully Scheels will have them this year. I too would like an away jersey. Also like to see more number selection. All I remember seeing was 11, 23 and 90 of the Wilson jerseys.

scheelsguy
02-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Hi there guy's, this is Dave from Scheels. I just wanted to clear up a couple things. First, YES, we will be able to get some NIKE AUTHENTIC JERSEY'S this year. Not many, as they are not something that can usually be sold on a retail level. We will have some home, and away. Second, right now we are OUT of youth football jerseys. We will be getting more, but they will have to be redesigned for this next year. Can't say too much about that right now...... Just one more thing. I appreciate all comments about Scheels, and especially the comments about the NDSU shop. I hope you would all feel free to suggest products, ideas, etc. And please trust that I am working very hard to get companies that usually only want to make Florida, Texas, Notre Dame, etc... product, and not NDSU. I think that you can see that there is much progress in just the 6 months our store has been opened. Adidas, Nike, Tommy Hillfiger, Under Armour, Majestic, and Columbia are all brands that we'd never been able to get NDSU clothing made from, and now they do. Since Christmas my main focus has been on working with these companies to design and negotiate the product line for the second half of the year (football season and holiday), and it's going GREAT! We will have more product than ever before!!! EVEN BETTER: We're shrinking our Sioux section to make room for more BISON clothing.......

TransAmBison
02-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Hi there guy's, this is Dave from Scheels. I just wanted to clear up a couple things. First, YES, we will be able to get some NIKE AUTHENTIC JERSEY'S this year. Not many, as they are not something that can usually be sold on a retail level. We will have some home, and away. Second, right now we are OUT of youth football jerseys. We will be getting more, but they will have to be redesigned for this next year. Can't say too much about that right now...... Just one more thing. I appreciate all comments about Scheels, and especially the comments about the NDSU shop. I hope you would all feel free to suggest products, ideas, etc. And please trust that I am working very hard to get companies that usually only want to make Florida, Texas, Notre Dame, etc... product, and not NDSU. I think that you can see that there is much progress in just the 6 months our store has been opened. Adidas, Nike, Tommy Hillfiger, Under Armour, Majestic, and Columbia are all brands that we'd never been able to get NDSU clothing made from, and now they do. Since Christmas my main focus has been on working with these companies to design and negotiate the product line for the second half of the year (football season and holiday), and it's going GREAT! We will have more product than ever before!!! EVEN BETTER: We're shrinking our Sioux section to make room for more BISON clothing.......
Great to hear+++++++++++++++

Bisonguy
02-07-2007, 01:55 AM

Fantastic!!!!

lakesbison
02-07-2007, 01:57 AM
Thanks Dave. If you have a NEW NDSU product, or new news about Jersey's ETC>

post em!! We will buy them!!!

guaranteed!!

thanks!!!

p.s Scheels in Bismarck needs NDSU stuff, my gawd!!!! and St Cloud!! especially with Matt Veldman of Becker signing (St Cloud Times player of the year) Im envisioning a NDSU SALE!!!! (tell Trevor Swenson!)

sambini
02-07-2007, 02:40 AM
Scheels rocks and are proud supporters of NDSU ATHLETICS.

TheDoctor
02-07-2007, 02:52 AM
The actual gameused 2004 jerseys were for sale during the spring game last year. *You could contact them and see if they have any left. *I got there bright and early to make sure I got #8!

I couldn't make it last year *:'(. How did they go about selling them? Was it first come, first serve and they had prices on them. If so, how much? Just curious for this year.

First come first serve, all jerseys $50. :) Only ones I noticably missing were Lamar Gordons.

ACES1180
02-07-2007, 01:36 PM

Thanks Dave for making NDSU athletics a priority!

tcbison
02-07-2007, 02:37 PM

Keep up the good work! In the future can you get Bison gear online?

SDbison
02-09-2007, 09:21 PM
I talked to the Scheels guy about the authentic Nike Jerseys for next year. They will be the same jerseys NDSU players wear at a cost of around $300 each (stitched on numbers). Since the Scheels guy is about to order them he was looking for ideas on what numbers should be ordered. 8, 11 & 90 are likely candidates, any others? Due to the high cost there probably won't be very many jerseys ordered, so what are your top five numbers ranked in order of preference?

Former_Hitman
02-09-2007, 09:56 PM
My wish list is a kids #8 Jersey for my 3 year old daughter so she can wear the ole man's number...

Bisonguy
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
My wish list is a kids #8 Jersey for my 3 year old daughter so she can wear the ole man's number...

One of my co-workers picked up a #8 jersey at Scheel's for his five year old son last season.

TheDoctor
02-09-2007, 10:27 PM

I don't think you'll have to worry about finding a #8. Fortunately for you, #8 is currently being worn by the anchor of the defense. So, I would assume like last year, they will be ordering #8's. He's coming..................... ;)

Mr._Bill
02-10-2007, 12:41 AM
I talked to the Scheels guy about the authentic Nike Jerseys for next year. *They will be the same jerseys NDSU players wear at a cost of around $300 each (stitched on numbers). *Since the Scheels guy is about to order them he was looking for ideas on what numbers should be ordered. *8, 11 & 90 are likely candidates, any others? *Due to the high cost there probably won't be very many jerseys ordered, so what are your top five numbers ranked in order of preference? *

I'll take a DJ-2, I want to wear it a full 4 years.

4mcruenomore
02-10-2007, 04:16 AM
I would like some throwback Bentrim, Simdorn, type jerseys myself!!
Who wouldn't want to wear a authentic #1?????????

TheDoctor
02-10-2007, 06:08 AM
I would like some throwback Bentrim, Simdorn, type jerseys myself!!
Who wouldn't want to wear a authentic #1?????????

Sweet collage in your signature! Olllllllllllllddddddddddddddddddd school! :)

Former_Hitman
02-12-2007, 08:13 PM

I don't think you'll have to worry about finding a #8. *Fortunately for you, #8 is currently being worn by the anchor of the defense. So, I would assume like last year, they will be ordering #8's. *He's coming..................... ;)

There's a good reason why #8 will be played on defense (leader of the defense) for several years to come if the tradition continues.

sambini
02-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Spring sale is coming at the SPRING GAME HMM...

tcbison
02-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Spring sale is coming at the SPRING GAME HMM...

Yes! Thanks for the good news.