PDA

View Full Version : A new Bison bus

tony
04-10-2007, 11:56 AM
The link is to a video of a new Bison tailgating rig. Very nice.

http://www.kxmb.com/video.asp?ArticleId=112401&VideoId=6689

So what would your dream rigs be?

In "the I could probably convince my wife on this one" category, I'm going with s a JCW MINI Cooper with a yellow body, white hood stripes, and white roof with green Bison logo on top (perhaps a magnetic decal).

In the "money is no object and what my wife doesn't know won't kill me... yet" category, I think a yellow Hummer H2 would be my pick. I'd have to store it in Fargo all year though - heck if I'd drive it any place but to and from the game.

Bisonfan1
04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Who in the heck started all this custom bus madness anyway ;). That will be another choice addition to the tailgate lot, time to start paving more west lot.

Till
04-10-2007, 02:06 PM
And I'm just left wondering why the Bismarck media didn't turn out when the van was being painted there?

All these people with money to spend are almost enough to make a guy's tailgating rig feel inadequate.

TransAmBison
04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Till, your rig will alway be one of my favorites.

99Bison
04-10-2007, 02:18 PM
It's "only" costing him 20k it says in the article... less than a new truck.

Till
04-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Appreciate it TransAm. Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with the van, but we're running out of improvements to make. That is unless they find a way to turn 10mpg into 20 :P

That and we'll need to add some sort of deterrant so the SDSU crowd doesn't do to it what they did 3 years ago.

lakesbison
04-10-2007, 03:54 PM
how the HELL does he not tear out about 8-12 seats and put in a BISON BAR!!!

whats wrong with this guy!!!

Love the paint job, but fix up the inside dude!!!

then it'll be COMPLETED! p.s- why the reference to UND at all? we havent played in 4 years and probably 44 years more, get over it people!

Till
04-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I think the story said he's tearing out the seats, laying down a hardwood floor (like a bball court), and putting a kitchenette in.

56BISON73
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM

then it'll be COMPLETED! *p.s- why the reference to UND at all? we havent played in 4 years and probably 44 years more, get over it people!

Come on Sam Obvioulsy you didnt comprehend that he said he was going to put in a bar.
But May be you should go buy your own bus????? ;D PL

ps 2-4 years and NDSU-UND will be playing again.

runtheoption
04-10-2007, 05:17 PM

then it'll be COMPLETED! *p.s- why the reference to UND at all? we havent played in 4 years and probably 44 years more, get over it people!

Try listening to the clip again.

BisonMav
04-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I have heard rumblings of another bus thundering out of the great white north. Maybe MN_Bison has heard that too?

insane_ponderer
04-10-2007, 06:33 PM
The more of these custom vehicles the better. I just hope the student body catches on sometime.

56BISON73
04-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Who in the heck started all this custom bus madness anyway *;). That will be another choice addition to the tailgate lot, time to start paving more west lot.

The additional parking need for the buses is not much of a stretch. At Iowa they have a lot just for them and the big donors. There are literally hundreds of them. I beleive they are now called "Motor Coaches". :) PL

Bisonguy
04-10-2007, 08:46 PM
...So what would your dream rigs be?

In "the I could probably convince my wife on this one" category, I'm going with s a JCW MINI Cooper with a yellow body, white hood stripes, and white roof with green Bison logo on top (perhaps a magnetic decal).

In the "money is no object and what my wife doesn't know won't kill me... yet" category, I think a yellow Hummer H2 would be my pick. I'd have to store it in Fargo all year though - heck if I'd drive it any place but to and from the game.

A green and gold version of the Ecto 1!!!

NDSUFREAK10
04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
That guy just had to say "Maybe we should get some more firetruck with those buses going around here."

Ha, bismark....

MN_BISONS
04-11-2007, 01:03 AM
I have heard rumblings of another bus thundering out of the great white north. *Maybe MN_Bison has heard that too?

There is another.

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/images/yoda.gif

sambini
04-11-2007, 03:29 AM
I have heard rumblings of another bus thundering out of the great white north. *Maybe MN_Bison has heard that too?

There is another.
Itp://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/images/yoda.gif[/img]
I've heard of another from the Matador area...

TheDoctor
04-11-2007, 04:17 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am hoping you didn't have the volume on when you watched the clip!

WYOBISONMAN
04-11-2007, 01:22 PM
The Battlewagon and Till's rig are my favorites......hell, they are the only ones I have seen at some of the far away games!!

sambini
04-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Clevee's Jimmy Buffet bus and Thors wagon pulled by the BUDWEISER GAME TIME VAN ROCK+++ Also an award winning at last years tailgating contest. The trophy is at O'KELLYS.

TransAmBison
04-12-2007, 01:20 AM
The Battlewagon and Till's rig are my favorites......hell, they are the only ones I have seen at some of the far away games!!
Yep, have to agree...but Rollin' Thunder is pretty good too. It was impressive inside and out.

scbison
04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
How bout the van with the loudest music and drunkest members

P.S. It's white and also made the trip to Brookings.

Bisonguy
05-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Check out WDAY's 6:00 sports tonight (wday.com).

There's another full-size rig that will be making it to the FFD lot this year. :nod: :nod: :nod: