PDA

View Full Version : Taunting dos and don'ts

99Bison
11-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Moving up a division, time to practice up. Here are some pointers... Perhaps you can use them for yourself instead.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/hruby/031119.html

tony
11-20-2003, 04:32 AM
My nomination for Post of the Week! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

They should put this in the NDSU's student handbook.

99Bison
11-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Perhaps I should move it to another area, no one replies in here... :-/

IowaBison
11-25-2003, 09:36 PM
I think everyone's read the link and enjoyed it, there's just not much to comment on.

JBB
11-26-2003, 12:04 AM
I have to disagree. I believe you should taunt right through the L. Work on it until you get it right. ::)

99Bison
11-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Here is another show of spirit... "Nation's most passionate fans?"

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/drehs/031126texasam.html

Haywood
12-01-2003, 10:54 PM
WSU played you guys last year and your fans were awesome!
They gave us crap from the moment they opened the gate to the very end. *The best thing about it is that your students did not stoop to poor taste. *They were relentless but clever in what they would say.
We played UND last weekend and they were class-less. *They would cheer and geer loud but their lack of clever input was replaced by continuous vulgarity. *If I was a Sioux fan with my kid there I would have found it in very poor taste. *

D
12-01-2003, 11:03 PM
WSU played you guys last year and your fans were awesome!
They gave us crap from the moment they opened the gate to the very end. *The best thing about it is that your students did not stoop to poor taste. *They were relentless but clever in what they would say.
We played UND last weekend and they were class-less. *They would cheer and geer loud but their lack of clever input was replaced by continuous vulgarity. *If I was a Sioux fan with my kid there I would have found it in very poor taste. *

Any examples Haywood???

Haywood
12-01-2003, 11:17 PM
D,
I was on the sidelines with the WSU team. I would be banished off this board if I quoted, and being my first day here I may want to come back.
I will give a short list:
Too many MF's to count. Along with others telling us what we should be licking....the sorry list goes on.

But the NDSU fans, most of which were the NDSU Red Shirts I believe, were much funnier.
A guess would be that their coach spoke to them about having some class while harassing the opponent.?

D
12-02-2003, 12:23 AM
Since you were on the sideline, maybe you saw your head coach come over and taunt the UND section? Or maybe you saw #94 stand on the bench the entire second half and talk sh*t right back? #24 did the same. Or perhaps you saw when Winona went ahead and thought they beat the '29 Yankees, 2 older men on the sidelines, 1 in a purple pullover and the other in a black one, each no younger than 55, neither a coach but some kind of administration, face the crowd, one got down on his knees, and talk sh*t and put their hand to their ears as if to say what. Under normal circumstances I would say that there was some bad name calling, no racial slurs, stuff that goes on everywhere, but maybe shouldn't. But when those 2 old guys and the Head Coach jumps in & does it back, this was discussed here not too long ago, there isn't much that isn't fair game. That is classless. Never having more than 3500 at a game, though, the Winona people probably don't realize that.

Dirty
12-02-2003, 01:53 AM
If anything, that worthless mascot of yours had a lack of clever input. Exposing his white as snow and shaven legs to us by pulling up his skirt, was really not neccessary. :o

WYOBISONMAN
12-02-2003, 03:35 AM
Hell....all of us living in snow country have white, nasty legs....

Dirty
12-02-2003, 03:40 AM
No, this guy was a freaking albino. You probably have a beautiful Florida tan compared to this guy. It was really scary. And he kept trying to moon us. I think you'd be upset by this too and would be rightful in overusing the word MFer.

WYOBISONMAN
12-02-2003, 03:51 AM
You give me far too much credit.....a 42 year old Norsk living in Wyoming does not have much of a tan.... ;D Only what you get on the ski slopes...

Dirty
12-02-2003, 03:57 AM
This guy would've got sunburned if he stood too close to a firefly. And his repeated attempted mooning of us is inexcusable

IowaBison
12-02-2003, 03:58 AM
legs shaved?

you sure it was a guy?

GFBison
12-02-2003, 04:29 AM
Haywood,
First let me say, don't judge everyone in GF by a few idiots.

With that said, my buddy works as a security guard at the Alerus and said it was horrible. The students lined up above the WSU fans in the end zone walk way, and shouted obscenities from the get go. He said if it was up to him he would of booted them before the first snap of the ball.

Others I talked to said it was an embarrassment and wish they would of booted them.

Dirty
12-02-2003, 04:48 AM
legs shaved?

you sure it was a guy?

Well he/she/it was blowing kisses equal at guys and chicks, so no I guess I'm not sure what it was other than annoying.

Those students were morons. They are the drunks that every school has, who are more concerned with being dinks then they are with the actual game going on.

IowaBison
12-02-2003, 05:20 AM
More so at UND.

Don't even need booze to get incited.

Haywood
12-02-2003, 03:54 PM
GF,
Naa, I realize that it is only a few fans.
At the end of the game many of the fans on the UND home side stood and applauded us.
In many ways I wished our student fans had that kind of alliance and emotion in supporting us.
Keeping it just a bit cleaner next time would be my only hope.

WYOBISONMAN
12-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Actually, I wish NDSU had a few more drunk and loud students at the games....make that Fargodome rock.

Haywood
12-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Dirty,
No Doubt,
Our current mascot is pitiful to say the least! :o