PDA

View Full Version : Replacing seats in Fargodome

Bisonfan1234
11-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Just curious as to what you guys think the feasibility of this is.

Say either replace or at least re-color all blue seats to green. Take out all the red seats and replace them (in the same seating pattern that teh blue seats are now) with these new green seats. Lastly, re color the suite seats from purple to yellow.

Probably would cost way too much...what was the dome thinking with the red and blue?!?

roadwarrior
11-05-2003, 10:19 PM
What were you smoking this morning, 1234 ?

Bisonfan1234
11-06-2003, 12:45 AM
Is my post not in english?!?!?!??!

Have none of you ever thought that Blue and Red seats are stupid when NDSU's colors are Green and Yellow?!

UND's dome has all green seats.

WYOBISONMAN
11-06-2003, 01:21 AM
It would probably be a hell of a waste of resources when we need to be spending in many other areas. I would say we have much higher priorities than the color of the seats in the Fargodome.

iamabison
11-06-2003, 02:17 AM
It's probably a waste of money now to change it, but I think it certainly qualifies as a bone headed decision when they built the dome, to put in red & blue seats.

iamabison

BisonFan
11-06-2003, 02:30 AM
You all need to remember the Dome isn't NDSU's. It is the City of Fargo's. It was built with a sales tax. NDSU gave them the land to put it on and in return they get use of the place. The Fargo Dome is not strictly for Bison Football.

und4life
11-06-2003, 03:36 AM
the reason why the seats in the dome need to be replaced is that bisonfan, bisonmav, and tuk's wives have been sitting in them and breaking the seats off the hinges.

peace out to the crapping herd

bisonjay
11-06-2003, 03:49 AM
the fargodome did that for a reason. they wanted to prove a point that the dome wasn't just for bison football

BisonFan
11-06-2003, 04:03 AM
the reason why the seats in the dome need to be replaced is that bisonfan, bisonmav, and tuk's wives have been sitting in them and breaking the seats off the hinges.

??? , I'm not married!

Bisonfan1234
11-06-2003, 04:04 AM
OK, fair enough.

Why then, oh wise ones, are the Alerus's seats all green (and all of the same type...no stupid space-hogging red seats) yet the City of GF owns that dome and uses it for other purposes.

If they truely were made like that to prove a point...then it was out of spite because the Alerus has green seats and does just fine.

Also, this is a small priority ... but something to be looked into.

BisonFan
11-06-2003, 04:05 AM
OK, fair enough.

Why then, oh wise ones, are the Alerus's seats all green (and all of the same type...no stupid space-hogging red seats) yet the City of GF owns that dome and uses it for other purposes.

If they truely were made like that to prove a point...then it was out of spite because the Alerus has green seats and does just fine.

Who cares!

Bisonfan1234
11-06-2003, 04:07 AM
Who cares!

Admin can you delete this post...it just detracts from the overall thread and has nothing to add to it.

BisonFan
11-06-2003, 04:11 AM
Delete the whole thread Tony. Its pointless.

roadwarrior
11-06-2003, 04:40 AM
What color the seats are is if no importance. What is important is that the fans using those seats dress in yellow!

P.S. Those fancy red seats we have were originally in the Minneapolis Auditorium, where the MN Lakers used to play many decades ago. The city of Fargo bought them dirt cheap when the Mpls Aud was demolished. They can also be found in the Fargo Civic.

imported_admin
11-06-2003, 05:09 AM
I didn't delete, just moved it. This has to do with game atmosphere so it more properly belongs here.

It is interesting that the seats weren't made green and yellow to begin with but I'd hope we'd never see them during Bison games anyway.

The only way I can see doing anything about the color of their seats is if they have had them for five years or so, let them change them at their own cost if they want.

Tuk
11-06-2003, 06:54 AM

??? , I'm not married!

neither am I.....maybe tho it was because und4life's mom came to the game with some friends. She said she wanted to see some quality football and I suggested the Bison game. Nice lady, just a little large for the seats. :)

BisonMav
11-06-2003, 12:14 PM
author=und4life link=board=BandSmack;num=1068095161;start=0#6 date=11/05/03 at 21:36:21]the reason why the seats in the dome need to be replaced is that bisonfan, bisonmav, and tuk's wives have been sitting in them and breaking the seats off the hinges.

More evidence that UND fans are resentfull of NDSU's move to Division I athletics.

Hammerhead
11-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Isn't the roof painted "Bison green"?

rocky
03-23-2004, 04:08 AM
Replace the seats? How about FILL the seats!
Whom ever came up with the idea to replace the seats must be a member of the Free Thinkers!

Bison_Dan
03-23-2004, 01:17 PM
The reason the seats at the barn (alerus) are green is the und runs the town of gf.

GFBison
03-24-2004, 04:52 AM
the fargodome did that for a reason. *they wanted to prove a point that the dome wasn't just for bison football

This is the correct reason. It was publicly stated. It was a stupid decision, however.

A good way to resolve the issue would be to cover the seats with green and yellow human seat covers. Cost $12 - $15 per seat per game.

Bisonfan1
03-24-2004, 06:00 AM
I totally agree with you GFBISON, its amazing when you see some games on TV, its just a sea of red, blue, green depending on the home team, You dont see that in the dome and I have never understood why. Heck a Bison t-shirt for 15 bucks worn 5 to 7 times a year at home games should last a few years at that pace.

IowaBison
03-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Or four bucks worth of body paint.

Bison_Baller
04-25-2004, 02:42 PM
One thing that we should work on, is something the the students tried to do last year for homecoming, a yellow out day. This is something that they do at Texas A&M, maroon out, and they have unbeleivable winning record on maroon out days. We are a least 10 times cooler than Texas A&M, and 100 times cooler then those tea sipping Hippies in Austin @ Texas.

Tatanka
04-25-2004, 10:23 PM
I agree that a "yellow-out" would be a great thing for the home team--make everyone who isn't wearing the team color feel a bit out of place.

However, NDSU is not as you attest 10 times cooler than Texas A&M unless you're comparing temperature and climate. Texas A&M fans have forgotten more about supporting their teams (good times and bad) than I've seen at any NDSU game. I know nobody wants to hear that but really, a little perspective here. A&M crowds are a model (minus the fatal bonfires) for team support.

Let the flaming begin. :-*

Hammerhead
06-09-2004, 04:17 PM
A recent SI magazine had nice photo from a Philadelphia Flyers game and 99% of the fans were wearing orange shirts.

Back when I lived in Fargo, I even had green & yellow hiking boots to go with the Bison hat and shirt I wore to every game.

Tatanka
06-10-2004, 02:32 AM
Yes, and the whole freakin' TOWN of Calgary wore fire engine red for the Stanley Cup finals. Really, quite a sight to see. Especially since the seats in the Saddledome are blue--you couldn't tell since they were all full of red-wearing, Labatt-guzzling hockey fans.