PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating Ideas & Tips

IowaBison
06-25-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't know if there is any strong interest, but I thought it might be worthwhile for tailgaters to post some of the things they do-cooking and entertainment equipment, food, games to play/things to do before the game, etc.

para ejemplo
I'm thinking about getting a propane turkey fryer for the fall....

And I'm definitely bringing a cooler full of Miller Lite

Bisonguy
06-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Here's a 10-step recipe for the best chicken-

1) Open can of beer (save the bottles for later)
2) Drink beer
3)Open second can of beer and consume almost half
4) Rub assorted seasonings (onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, whatever) on chicken -inside and out.
5)place aluminum pie plate on grill with a little water in it
6)place half full can of beer in pie plate
7)place chicken on can of beer -can of beer should be inside of chicken cavity if done properly- if not, do not repeat step 1 for a while.
8 )cook over indirect heat for about 1.25 to 2 hours- until the internal temperature of the thigh is 180 degrees F.
9)remove chicken from beer can- CAUTION- Beer can will be HOT and will not taste very good. Don't burn yourself.
10) Eat chicken and drink more beer

Optional-
1)place a potato or carrot in the neck cavity to keep the steam inside the chicken
2)season the beer before placing the chicken over the can- Worchestershire sauce, liquid smoke, onions, etc.
3)Rub chicken with butter or olive oil when seasoning the outside and inside.
4)Use can of something other than beer (just don't use diet soda)- soda, fruit juice, etc.

insane_ponderer
06-25-2004, 10:20 PM
great idea informing the general public on how to properly make a beer chicken....there is a great link, and i saw that someone posted it on the general football board but its http://www.tailgating.com/default.htm

very informative

IowaBison
06-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Fried Cheese Curds

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 pound cheese curds
1 quart oil for frying

1 In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the eggs and milk. Mix until smooth. Add more milk for a thinner batter. Coat the cheese curds with the batter.

2 Heat the oil in the turkey fryer. Fry the coated cheese curds approximately 1 minute each, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

NDSU_grad
06-26-2004, 02:45 AM
Does the cheese curd recipe come with a free angioplasty? :)

IowaBison
06-28-2004, 01:07 PM
no, but one should be sure to eat plenty of fiber on game day

JBB
06-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Is there fiber in beer? ???

IowaBison
06-28-2004, 05:31 PM
there are usually some hops that make it through the filter in pabst blue ribbon

Herd_Mentality
06-28-2004, 06:20 PM
there are usually some hops that make it through the filter in pabst blue ribbon

Now...don't even think about dissin' my beer of choice. Popeye needs his spinach.