PDA

View Full Version : Can I drink geer at the game or what?

IowaBison
07-27-2004, 09:52 PM
What's the new tailgating policy?

Bisonguy
07-27-2004, 11:47 PM
In the new Tickets/Tailgating pamphlet, it sounds like you can. I just saw one this week at my local neighborhood Stop-N-Go. The pocket schedules have been available for a couple weeks, so I'm guessing the policy was just finalized so the pamphlets could be printed with correct info.

Some notes from the pamphlet (paraphrased *;D)-

No kegs, partyballs, etc.
No cans or bottles- beverages must be in paper of plastic cups
Anyone under 21 must be accompanied by a legal guardian (not your fraternity brother)
Alcohol is only allowed in Lots E and F (that's the west side of the Fargodome-where the tailgating festivities were last year)
If you act stupid and annoy others, you may be asked to leave and legal actions may be taken.

Lots open four hours before kickoff.

IowaBison
07-28-2004, 01:38 PM
that's what i'd been hearing

am i unaware of another type of beer conveyance

no bottles
no cans
no kegs

do i have to pour my beer into plastic cups at home and then walk them to the dome?

Herd_Mentality
07-28-2004, 03:28 PM
Man...it looks like we'll all have to resort to drinking boxed wine.

IowaBison
07-28-2004, 03:46 PM
If you act stupid ....

You can't act stupid or misbehave, isn't being a little crazy the whole point of tailgating?

Bisonguy
07-28-2004, 09:12 PM
The city ordinance apparently passed in June. NDSU is currently finalizing the regulations. The specific information will be released to the press in the next couple of weeks.

This info from the man with the plan, Gene Taylor.

I believe bottles and cans would be allowed, just not to distribute the barley goodness to your mouth. (i.e. pour beer into cup and enjoy!)

NorthDakotaBison,

Acting stupid isn't cool, but being a little crazy while still being responsible and courteous to others is. ;D

Shouldn't you know about NDSU tailgating if you're gainfully employed by NDSU?

roadwarrior
07-28-2004, 10:50 PM
For the past 20+ years we have been told (unofficially) to pour our beer out of the bottles or cans into the plastic cups. The new tailgating policy continues this tradition ;D

IowaBison
07-29-2004, 01:57 PM
and why can't we drink straight out of a can?

does the University not want Herd Mentality advertising for PBR?

and i don't know if i'd call it 'gainfully' employed

Herd_Mentality
07-29-2004, 02:00 PM
and why can't we drink straight out of a can?

does the University not want Herd Mentality advertising for PBR?

and i don't know if i'd call it 'gainfully' employed

TRUST ME.... PBR isn't my only tailgating sponsor.

;D

IowaBison
07-29-2004, 02:37 PM
to get back to the good old prohibition talks which haven't been on here for a while

why in heaven's name can't i drink beer out of a can or bottle at the game?

seriously, it doesn't make much sense

i might be able to accept the argument that the dome doesn't want broken bottles, but cans? c'mon

insane_ponderer
07-29-2004, 05:21 PM
to get back to the good old prohibition talks which haven't been on here for a while

why in heaven's name can't i drink beer out of a can or bottle at the game?

seriously, it doesn't make much sense

i might be able to accept the argument that the dome doesn't want broken bottles, but cans? c'mon

its really all about how much work the parking lot cleanup crew wants to do. If you think about it, the dome is located in one of the most windy areas in the world. The plastic cups just blow away better than bottles and cans. :)

Herd_Mentality
07-29-2004, 05:57 PM
I worked on the parking lot crew through college...and Rob Sobolik was actually the supervisor. There's going to be crap to cleanup regardless of the containers that are "allowed".

I think the whole no bottle or can thing was something that made it into the regulations since that's the way it's always been (if there wasn't a container, the policy was pretty much don't ask, don't tell).