PDA

View Full Version : Alumni Beer Garden

IowaBison
07-30-2004, 02:25 PM
I wasn't around when this article went to press, but I think that following Wisconsin's example would be great.

Imagine a beer garden at each side of the e/f parking lot, with each sip a sign of support for the university, say one for the Alumni Association, the other for Team Makers.

And at $4.50 for a 24 oz. plastic cup of Miller Lite, people might have a few, but the cost will prohibit many of those who might drink too many to have just a couple. *And those who dispense the stuff, or a cop near the tap, can keep a watchful eye to make sure no one goes to far.

It would also be extremely easy to do as the same operation was used during RibFest.

They'd easily generate ten of thousands of dollars during the season. *The format would encourage those who both provide the beer and those who purchase to discourage those who bring in their own beverages, or consume them in other parts of the parking lot.

God, I love economics.

http://www.in-forum.com/specials/bmz03/index.cfm?page=article&id=40912

WYOBISONMAN
07-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Alchohol is indeed a needed element for tailgating.....and the solution for those who don't want beer......DON'T DRINK IT!! But let me have mine.

BisonMav
07-30-2004, 02:35 PM
NDSU already has an alumni beer garden.

Chubs Pub

They are even open during the off-season.

Herd_Mentality
07-30-2004, 03:19 PM
BisonMav is correct. I tailgate about once a week, year round at the Alumni Beer Garden.