PDA

View Full Version : Canned Music at the Dome

IowaBison
09-13-2004, 02:26 PM
There was general improvement in the quality of canned music at the dome

but why in God's name were they playing Foreigner? is this a football game or the 1987 junior prom

also not a very big fan of the Top Gun Theme either

more of a loud, heavy rally cry kind of fan

i.e. Seven Nation Army (need to turn that one up a bit though), AC/DC, etc.

Till
09-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Come on NDBison, don't be Cold As Ice....play it cool and be a real Jukebox Hero when it comes to the big game. When you get all Hot Blooded and feel the Double Vision coming on you know the music guys will play some real rock! ;D

Joking aside...I guess I'm into the games enough that I don't notice much of the canned music, which sounds to be both a good and bad thing...I hate to miss me some Foreigner. :P

TheBisonator
09-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Has someone been watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force again? ;D ;D ;D The one where Carl stole from the Mooninites the Foreigner belt from the '83 tour w/Bryan Adams??

"I don't NEED no instructions to know how to rock!!!" -Carl

Till
09-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Of course. Karl is the man.

"Scratching expletives into someone's car with a key is a sign of friendship and respect" -Ignignokt

IowaBison
09-13-2004, 10:25 PM
what in the hell are you guys taking about?

Bisonguy
09-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Shakezula, the Mic Rulah!

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/shop/tools/img/items/RIP01ASW70593.02.jpg

IowaBison
09-13-2004, 10:47 PM
??

IowaBison
09-13-2004, 10:52 PM
i googled 'aqua teen hunger force'

you guys are nuts

Bisonguy
09-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Somehow the conversation turned to Aqua Teen Hunger Force, an animated comedy on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network).

Here' some background- and the lyrics to the theme song-

When there is trouble, pick up the phone and order a milkshake, a meatball, with a side of fries. Yeah, call the Aqua Teen Hunger Force, the most elite human-sized food crime solving team in the greater New Jersey area.

Master Shake, the self-appointed leader directs the group in watching tv, sitting in their neighbor's pool, and solving mysteries (when he remembers). Frylock is the box of french fried potatoes that possess magical powers not totally understood by anyone. His greatest asset is his common sense. The group is rounded out by Meatwad, the lovable, and tasty shapeshifter.

With a group yeilding so much power, you had to have figured out there would be an arch villian involved. Enter: Dr. Weird, the strange scientiest bent on the destruction of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. With his help from his assistant Steve, they think of any way to foil the group from within his labratory on the South Shore.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is written and produced by David R. Willis and Matt Maiellaro at Cartoon Network Studios. Willas and Maiellaro have worked on Space Ghost Coast to Coast as supervising producer and head writer. Rapper, Schoolly D sings the show's theme song and narrates.

My name is Shake-Zula, the mic rulah, the old schoolah, you wanna trip, I'll break it to ya. Frylock and I'm on top rock you like a cop, Meatwad you're up next with your knock-knock. Meatwad make the money see, Meatwad get the honeys G. Drivin in my car, livin like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus. Cause we are the Aqua Teens, make the homeys say ho and the girlies wanna scream.

btw- Cybernetic Ghost Of Christmas Past From The Future=pwn3d. ;D ;D

IowaBison
09-13-2004, 10:57 PM
how old are you guys?

Bisonguy
09-13-2004, 11:05 PM
how old are you guys?

I know a lot of guys in their late 20's, early 30's that watch ATHF (my age group). That and Sealab 2021.

Can't speak for Till or TheBisonator. ???

tony
09-13-2004, 11:32 PM
I've got unpaid parking tickets older than a lot of the people on this board and I watch ATHF (I'm not sure if I'm joking or not).

Still, I prefer Venture Brothers. Maybe the band could do the theme from that show (it's kind of like Jonny Quest)... might be a bit hard to march too, but they could have flutists or someting dressed as ninjas or scuba divers bunjee jump from the rafters. That would be cool :)

If it's pure testosterone you're after, the band playing the original trailer music from Gladiator (they took it from Conan the Barbarian) would fit the bill, especially if they run clips on the video boards.

IowaBison
09-13-2004, 11:46 PM
that's what i'm taking about

(re Gladiator)

Bisonguy
09-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Tony,

Are you talking about the theatre trailer from Gladiator? I have a DTS ES version of the theatre trailer (about 1:30 and has the opening date at the end)that a friend brought back from CES a few years back, and the music doesn't hold a candle to "Anvil of Crom" IMO-(I also have a good Telarc version of "Anvil of Crom"- so I'm biased ;D).

If the GSMB performed "Anvil of Crom" in the stands with all the woodwinds stomping on the aluminum flooring along with the drums, it would be a spectacle. It would become umbelievable if Thundar was in the endzone with an Atlantean sword that was set on fire (the sword,not Thundar) going through the Conan poses. ;D ;D ;D

Not to get any farther off topic, but does anyone know what happened to the lady with the baton(s) that was part of the flag corp in previous seasons?

Till
09-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I'm 22.....I watch the occasional cartoon. Not only is it nostalgic, but a lot of the "Adult Swim" toons are aimed at that 18-35 crowd.

And yeah...."Anvil of Crom" was practically written to show up on an NFL Films highlight reel.

TheBisonator
09-14-2004, 02:43 AM
I'm Till's age also, 22. I watch a LOT of cartoons, though. But they're all rated PG or higher. i.e. Adult Swim, The Simpsons, shows on Comedy Central, etc.

Bisonfan1234
09-14-2004, 05:07 AM
Adult swim has three of the funniest cartoons ever made: Family Guy, ATHF, and Sealab 2021.

tony
09-14-2004, 07:08 PM
A. Yep, Anvil of Crom was the music I was thinking of. The original Gladiator trailer (a teaser) used that music - you can probably see it on the Gladiators "extras" DVD. The official trailer used the soundtrack music (and it wasn't nearly as good).

B. I really wish Adult Swim was on earlier because I like it too.

rockbison
09-21-2004, 04:51 PM
the band played barbarian horde a couple of years ago in one of their movie shows.....maybe someone should bring that back again for the stands.

also, that twirl girl graduated i think.....she had little prospects at the monanta tech game performing at half-time though.