PDA

View Full Version : Turf

MNBisonFan
10-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Can anyone tell me why the FargoDome doesn't re-paint the Bison Logo and the "NDSU" lettering. The FargoDome logo and yardage markers are so nice and white bright but the Bison logo and NDSU lettering can hardly be seen? The field would look sooooo sharp if they would do this? Please inform me.....

99Bison
10-31-2004, 01:34 AM
The rumor was they spent the money elsewhere because they thought they could get by with just repainting the lines.

Bisonguy
10-31-2004, 01:00 AM
The lines aren't painted. The hashes might be, but the lines are definitely colored into the turf. UND has the colored Magic Carpet in their endzones, that's why it's such a generic looking endzone design.

The endzones and the Bison logo on the 25's or whatever looked like 100%, genuine, certified crap today. I usually notice it, but it looked even worse this game.

Tatanka
10-31-2004, 02:03 AM
I've got a couple of cans of spray paint and a lot of free time this winter. Who's with me?

roadwarrior
10-31-2004, 02:21 AM
Whatever it takes, it really needs to be done.

MNBisonFan
10-31-2004, 03:42 AM
I thought it really looked like @#$% today. You have a nice classy facility and the turf looks like @#$%. :-X Maybe it was me, but I thought it looked bad today. You really need to look close to see the logo and anything else "NDSU". Tatanka, count me in. ;D

Bisonfan01234
11-04-2004, 01:47 AM
What's the point.

It's pretty obvious that anything associated with NDSU inside the dome means absolutely s***. The Fargodome logo, of course, is turf instead of paint.

Bisonguy
11-04-2004, 04:07 AM
What's the point.

It's pretty obvious that anything associated with NDSU inside the dome means absolutely s***. The Fargodome logo, of course, is turf instead of paint.

I somewhat agree, although they did do a nice job on the concourse area for NDSU on the east side.

I don't think the current endzone designs would have been cost-effective to put into the turf. Look at the "extragant" stencil and spraypaint look of the endzones of the Alerus. I think they might only do white coloring for any logos as well (the orange sunburst or whatever on the Fargodome turf might be painted).

The endzones need to be painted next year- and maybe a new surface in a few years.

dnk
11-04-2004, 05:02 AM
I don't know why, but the last time they painted the
logo's the carpet stuck together each time they rolled
it out. This did cause some damage to the carpet, tears
etc.. Wrong paint, wasn't dry when they rolled it up,
don't know but maybe thats why it looks so tacky.

met1990
11-05-2004, 04:34 PM
If memory serves me correctly from the last time I was on that turf, I believe everything except the NDSU logos are part of the turf. That is, the only thing that gets painted on is anything NDSU-related.

Bisonfan01234
11-05-2004, 06:19 PM
To be specific, the hash marks are also painted.

But yes, "FARGODOME" and the sun burst are part of the turf. The NDSU logos and endzone designs are painted.