PDA

View Full Version : How to make home field better

SDbison
02-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Top five things:
1. Increase freedom and party atmoshere during tailgating (more hours and activities.....less Nazi cop presence)
2. More sold out games!
3. More noise / fan participation
4. Much bigger marching band (quadruple size of drum section).
5. Repaint the faded logos in the end zone and mid-field. Add some bison heads in each corner.
That's it......do it and we can have the best DI-AA atmosphere.....even better than Montana!

BisonFan
02-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Stop perceiving the cops as Nazis would do wonders for yourself! *Cops are not a bad thing at all. *If you aren't *doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. If you are doing something illegal, then just maybe you shouldn't be doing it!

Bisongold
02-21-2005, 06:08 PM
I haven't experienced anything but politeness from the cops at the Bison tailgating parties.

SDbison
02-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Exactly my point.......we are adults doing nothing wrong and don't need 40 cops walking around to exercise our right to have a few drinks. If you feel better having all those cops around you guys must be in favor of a Nazi like atmosphere. Get a clue. You apparently are not students of history. America is about freedom......not having authority figures present everywhere to monitor acceptable behavior.

SDbison
02-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Bisonfan you are such a goody two shoes. Back in gradeschool you must have been the one who turned your classmate in for chewing gum. The majority don't need people like you to tell them how to act. Go turn in a drug dealer or something and back off the moral majority crap.

tony
02-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Hahahhaa. I manage to disagree on both counts.

Even if I am not doing anything wrong, I don't necessarily want an armed government nanny stopping by to check on me every couple minutes (or browse through the files on my computer or put a camera in my bedroom). The "if you aren't doing anything wrong" approach to police intrusiveness simply doesn't work with Americans because, by and large, we want to be left the hell alone :)

OTOH, the cops I've interacted with are friendly and nothing would put an end to tailgating faster than an incident. Remember the atmosphere in Fargo when they decided to allow tailgating? Folks were suggesting that it would lead to the collapse of civilization.

Besides, the city mist protect its interests. When you are out tailgating, you are on the city's turf and it has the right and a responsibility to keep an eye on what goes on their property.

Sure, maybe they went a little overboard on the police presence the first year, but they can adjust the level as time goes on. However, there are always going to be police around the lot, just like there have always been.

SDbison
02-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks for your observations Tony..........
Seems like we didn't get past #1 on my top five. Reading other colleges websites it seems the party atmosphere does much to enhance the DI football experience and bring the attendance up at a game. I know some hear the word party and only think of over drinking. Maybe carnival sounds better, no not really, since I think of carnies and overpriced stuff. Really though, if my top five were achieved, and some will feed off the others, the atmosphere before, during and after a Bison game would be awesome.

tony
02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Obviously I agree wholeheartedly with items 2-5 :)

BisonFan
02-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Bisonfan you are such a goody two shoes. *Back in gradeschool you must have been the one who turned your classmate in for chewing gum. *The majority don't need people like you to tell them how to act. *Go turn in a drug dealer or something and back off the moral majority crap.

Nah, I just have high regard and respect for authority figures. If you despise cops, there is something wrong with you. Its attitudes like yours that have created the need to have cops there just in case!

Bisonguy
02-21-2005, 09:47 PM
You just need to feed the cops, and then they're pretty cool.

On a somewhat more serious note (although I did feed the cops at a couple games), the boys in blue are just doing what they get paid to do. If there's a finger to point, it should be at those that made the cops work there (i.e. city of Fargo).

SDbison
02-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Bisonfan, you would be a good little communist.

BisonFan
02-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Bisonfan, you would be a good little communist.

No, I make a good law abiding and respecting American. *I think you'd fit in well with the free men society that refuses to pay taxes or recognize authority figures and social stability mechanisms (i.e. Government), but ignorantly reaps the benefits of both. *Just my opinion *:)

Get everyone to sing to the Alma matter and the school songs. That would be a good way to make the home field better. Oh, and cut out the vulgar profanity from the mouths of a few and replace it with good spirited cheer. Remember, the University is going to a Higher level. The fans should too!

SDbison
02-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Well Bisonfan you make a good Nazi, communist, power mongering type control freak. But you have taken my post intended to discuss ways of making NDSU's home field better and turned it into a lecture on how to be your version of a good citizen. Thinking is not breaking a law. Ask the Jews how good it is to always trust those who are in power ar authority. Abiding by the law is one thing, breaking it is another. Please create your own lecture thread if you want to preach.

BisonFan
02-21-2005, 11:59 PM
With all due respect, your post said to make it better we should get rid of "Nazi" police. I took offense to that comment. That comment alone is enough to seriously discount the worth of anything you say. The police are anything but Nazis and to put the two words together is quite an oxymoron. Law and order are the basis of all three pillars the American Government is founded on (i.e. The Legislative, Judicial, and Excecutive branches). To keep the home field the great thing it already is, I hope to see a continued friendly presence of the Fargo police department at Bison sporting events and activities! Along with that I hope to see in increase in well-behaved, good natured fans and a decrease in obnoxious, poor spirited, irresponsible, unaccountable fans. The later is obviously a problem today. If you don't believe me, check this out:

http://www.ncaa.org/sportsmanship/sportsmanshipFanBehavior/report.pdf

JACKGUYII
02-22-2005, 03:59 AM
Well Bisonfan you make a good Nazi, communist, power mongering type control freak. *But you have taken my post intended to discuss ways of making NDSU's home field better and turned it into a lecture on how to be your version of a good citizen. *Thinking is not breaking a law. *Ask the Jews how good it is to always trust those who are in power ar authority. *Abiding by the law is one thing, breaking it is another. *Please create your own lecture thread if you want to preach. *

Would the good citizens of North Dakota please come down to South Dakota and return SDbison back to the asylum in Jamestown as he has escaped and moved here aproximately 11 years ago. He really doesn't like it here and longs to return to his beloved Fargo which he envisions to be the next Seattle. Be careful as he has been known to turn on his own if you don't embrace his ideas completely! You should be able to find him just north of Sioux Falls wearing a Bison football uniform with SDbison on the back and has been heard screaming commie at passing cars.

Herd_Mentality
02-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Whoa, for a brief moment I thought BisonFan might be Linda Coates.

tony
02-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Hehehehee. Must be the weather making people cranky.

Now, c'mon guys (SDBison and BisonFan), shake hands and make up :)

Bisonguy
02-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Hehehehee. Must be the weather making people cranky.

Now, c'mon guys (SDBison and BisonFan), shake hands and make up :)

I think they should exchange one piece of Bison apparel, purchased at Varsity Mart. ;D

WYOBISONMAN
02-22-2005, 09:56 PM
I am with SDBison on all of it..............no one ever called me a goody two shoe.... ;D

SDbison
02-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Would the good citizens of North Dakota please come down to South Dakota and return SDbison back to the asylum in Jamestown as he has escaped and moved here aproximately 11 years ago. He really doesn't like it here and longs to return to his beloved Fargo which he envisions to be the next Seattle. Be careful as he has been known to turn on his own if you don't embrace his ideas completely! You should be able to find him just north of Sioux Falls wearing a Bison football uniform with SDbison on the back and has been heard screaming commie at passing cars.

JACKGUYII you are on to me. How did you know?
BTW I can excuse JACKGUYII for his responses because I know he is a Jack fan and that explains why he is the way he is.

Bisonfan is another story. I don't think we have anything in common except we both like the Bison.