PDA

View Full Version : WEAR GREEN OR YELLOW

sambini
07-26-2005, 03:02 AM
Lets make a statement this year and make the dome a sea of yellow the green. I wish they would get Nike clothing etc.. in bisongear.

Bisonfan1
07-26-2005, 03:53 AM
GREEN for me, Have always worn green, The "Scream Yelow" thing has never set well with me. I never understood why everyone went to wearing yellow, when the Bison home jerseys are green? I dont see a "SEA of Gray" when watching Ohio State on TV, its a SEA of red, etc etc. Nice thread to start Sambini, even if its a mix of GREEN and yello, it would be much better than the majority wearing street clothes.

gwendel
07-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Green blends, yellow stands out. That's a pretty good reason for a sea of yellow--especially on those rare occasions when the Bison play on TV. When your peripheral vision scans the stands, you're much more likely to pick out the yellow than the green.

You're right. Ohio State doesn't wear gray. They wear red for the same reason. It stands out. Even if there is a Sea of Gray, do you think you'd notice it?

sambini
07-26-2005, 09:14 PM
I AGREE BEEN TO LINCOLN ITS A SEA OF RED. UNREAL.

Bisonguy
07-26-2005, 09:20 PM
The Ohio State University is a sea of scarlet, not red. :-/

Yellow definitely stands out more, just look at the pic on the bisonville homepage. That said, I'll still be wearing my authentic Bison home jersey* on gamedays.

*available for purchase at Scheel's All Sports. (hopefully they expand the Bison apparell in the new Super Duper Scheel's All Sports)

sambini
08-28-2005, 05:14 AM
Game day is near lets cranker up.

Tatanka
08-29-2005, 02:06 AM
Different sport, same effect. Have you ever watched a St Louis Cardinals home game? Well over 90% red. In the arial shots of Busch Stadium it's hard to tell if there's even fans in the seats until they zoom in on the crowd. Simply awesome.

That said, the "Scream Yellow" was a good idea marketed horribly poorly. It would be nice, though, to see a mix of green & yellow. Something has to counteract those awful blue and red seats.

kchats
08-29-2005, 03:29 AM
Arrowhead is a see of red on gameday in Kansas City.

Green is a pretty tame color while yellow really stands out.

When I was there in the late 80's the Sioux Suck T-shirts were all a bright yellow.

roadwarrior
08-29-2005, 03:33 AM
I will be making my annual stop at the Varsity Mart this thursday afternoon to purchase some new for 2005 YELLOW game apparrel.

kchats
08-29-2005, 03:38 AM
Much brighter and more hostile toward the opponent.

SDbison
08-29-2005, 04:45 AM
I will be making my annual stop at the Varsity Mart this thursday afternoon to purchase some new for 2005 YELLOW game apparrel.
I'll be there too right after the teammakers luncheon.

Bisonfan1
08-29-2005, 07:19 PM
OK I will conceed that yellow does stand out more in the stands. But back to my original post, a mixture of yellow and green , a sea of yellow, a sea of green, who cares, just wear school colors to the game !!! Better than street clothes, no fashion show at the Dome, its a football game !!! GO BISON !

GFBisonFan
08-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Will have the green game day jersey on.

I had heard a rumor last year that the away game day jerseys were going to be on sale this year-anyone seen this??

Green-N-Gold
08-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Did they change the road jerseys? *Or are they the "old" style, with the lettering added on the front?

GFBisonFan
08-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Did they change the road jerseys? *Or are they the "old" style, with the lettering added on the front?

They were the "old style" with lettering put on, but last year it was said that new away jerseys were going to be made and used by players and a limited number for sale to fans (or how I remember it)

sambini
09-04-2005, 09:49 PM
The students should be commended with their sea of yellow. Anyone see the new jerseys at SCHEELS?