PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Stuff

tony
08-31-2004, 04:57 PM
A couple of things of I liked

The team entrance was OUTSTANDING. I couldn't help but wonder what the Valpo players were thinking in the lockerroom when the place started going crazy.

I can't stress how impressed I was with the tailgating. Bison fans outdid themselves.

Police visibility was excellent.

My in-laws sure know how cook :)

Cheerleaders, dance line, band - they all went above and beyond the call of duty.

The canned music fit into the game experience much better than I remember.

Apparently, our AD was out greeting the fans. Nice move.

Things that I wouldn't mind see changing

I wish the lots opened up at noon so we could eat at lunchtime instead of 3pm.

The fans probably need some work on the "First Down" call :) Maybe the video boards will have to serve as teleprompters until we get our rhythm.

IowaBison
08-31-2004, 05:25 PM
as far as the 'first down' thing, it's new to me

i was hoping we still did the " whhhoooooooooh... move those chains" thingy

Bisonfan1
08-31-2004, 05:37 PM
Went to the Vikings game Friday night, The Bison Intro blew the Vikings Intro right out of the water, it was fantastic. Sent this message to NDSU telling them so. I thought everything went super. It was great meeting fellow Bisonville people I had not met before, and giving tours of the (trashed interior of the Battlewagon). Cant believe I didnt see Ralph ?? But its hard to notice everything when your holding 5 conversations at once and trying not to burn everything on the grill. *Did the band stop on the west side and play anything prior to entering the Dome?? If not i wish they would make that a tradition thing. Tony, your on track with the Video boards, also made a very similiar suggestion to NDSU about use of the video boards. Its nice to see all those advertisments not disrupting the flow of the game as in the past and taking the crowd out of the game, the timing has become much better.

mikelsch
08-31-2004, 08:33 PM
I really liked this subtle move of the game day production:

Over the Fargodome PA system, "On the Vaaler Insurance Scoreboard......." *Only DI-A and DI-AA scores were reported.

sambini
09-09-2005, 12:49 AM
I really like this years entrance they are looking like Nebraskas tunnel walk more and more.

Tatanka
09-09-2005, 01:45 AM
as far as the 'first down' thing, it's new to me

i was hoping we still did the " whhhoooooooooh... move those chains" thingy

We did, but over the years, the word "ass-munch" has been lost at the end of this chant. Which is OK by me because now we have D-I officials, and ass-munch may not apply.

chuckles
09-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Are you nuts, this years entrance was not an improvment of last years.

I really like this years entrance they are looking like Nebraskas tunnel walk more and more.

sambini
09-13-2005, 02:28 AM
Thats what I thought so I guess I'M NUTS.... I've been told that before.

Tatanka
09-13-2005, 02:56 AM
I also think the game day intro is pretty cool, and getting better.

One improvement I'd suggest is to start out by reading "The Herd":

The Herd

Now this is the law of the prairie
As old and as true as the sky
And the Bison that keep it will prosper
And the Bison that break it will die
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
This law is the final word:
For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

They did this once before one of the women's BB national championship games just before the team arrived on the court. No music, no fanfare, just a booming voice with the simple poem. I don't know that many in the audience had heard the poem before, but at the end the place absolutely erupted.

Not sure exactly where/when to insert this into the pregame but I think it would be pretty cool to have this be after the band, after the lights go out, prior to the video intro.

Just my $0.02

sambini
09-13-2005, 03:01 AM
I agree Tatanka good idea tell it to Troy in the marketing at the athletic dept.

Bisonguy
09-13-2005, 03:07 AM
I also think the game day intro is pretty cool, and getting better. *

One improvement I'd suggest is to start out by reading "The Herd":

They did this once before one of the women's BB national championship games just before the team arrived on the court. *No music, no fanfare, just a booming voice with the simple poem. *I don't know that many in the audience had heard the poem before, but at the end the place absolutely erupted.

Not sure exactly where/when to insert this into the pregame but I think it would be pretty cool to have this be after the band, after the lights go out, prior to the video intro.

Just my $0.02

James Earl Jones?

Big_BisonFan
09-13-2005, 05:07 AM
I would add it right before the "Herd" starts the tunnel walk.

sambini
09-14-2005, 11:49 PM
I think James Earl Jones voice would be excellant.

Tatanka
09-15-2005, 03:36 AM
The guy who did the voice over for the Bison Game Day TV commercial would be just fine for me.

Bisonguy
09-16-2005, 03:33 AM
The guy who did the voice over for the Bison Game Day TV commercial would be just fine for me.

It would be better if he used his general NDSU ad voice (if it actually is the same guy doing both of them).

sambini
09-17-2005, 01:53 AM
Get the narrator from the Concordia xmas concert great deep voice. Or former Bison voice Lyle Hokanson?

Tatanka
09-17-2005, 02:39 AM
++ Either of these would be a fine choice!

WYOBISONMAN
09-17-2005, 03:57 AM
Get the narrator from the Concordia xmas concert great deep voice. Or former Bison voice Lyle Hokanson?

And, if I may ask.....why is Mr Hokanson no longer the Bison Voice?? Anyone know out there?

Tatanka
09-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Not entirely sure. Health concerns? Did he call und the "boys named Sue" one too many times? Who knows? He was a heck of an announcer.

sambini
09-17-2005, 10:05 PM
He still does track meets.