PDA

View Full Version : Dome Crowd

Yellow
09-26-2005, 05:44 PM
So far this season, i have been a little dissapointed in the crowds during the bison games. We are to quiet! There is no reason why we cant get 16-17,000 each game, no matter who we are playing! I agree the student government needs to step it up and advertise the games A LOT better! You dont see anything on campus about the games. Maybe people are turned off because we are not playoff elgible? Even so, real bison fans should show up and support their team. Kinda nervous about the nicholls game turnout. What can be done?

BismarckBison
09-26-2005, 06:07 PM
We all have neighbors/ friends/ customers/ co-workers who are football fans. Let us all ask 2 or 4 of them to attend the game this Saturday, and if we have to let's buy them a ticket.

We need to get the word out, we should tell them how exciting D1 football really is. I have an open seat/ticket and over the course of the season I bring a round robin of relatives and friends to the games. Each year I try to get at least one new fan to a home game. No one has turned me down yet, and some keep calling me for the next open game. Based on this thread, next time they ask I will suggest season tickets. After all Billboards only go so far, someone still has to ask for the sale.

TheBisonator
09-26-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree there. Before the season started, I was really nervous that we wouldn't even average 12,000 for our first three games (UAM, WSU, NSU). But I have been very impressed with the turnout for our first two games. We had 13,793 for a sub-par Division II team, and 14,368 for the worst team in the Big Sky Conference. During the Weber game, I was very pleased (while watching from the northwest corner) at the attendance in the west side stands. It looked almost COMPLETELY full from my vantage point. It looked like the grandstand was jam-packed up to the very top row at least between the 20-yard lines. The student turnout was very good for a Saturday night game too.

Not only that, but I think the dome crowd has been a little louder this year than I remember it during the past two years. During the opening intro last year at the beginning of games, they had the intro with the awesome computer/stereo effects, but no one cheered during it. Now it seems like a LOT more people are cheering their guts out during the computer/pyrotechnic intro.

However, I do agree with you about the Nicholls State game. That one has me worried as far as attendance goes. It will most likely be our least-attended game this season, because the last three games are against HUGE-interest names. I'm not sure if people will be up for the NSU game. But I believe that we will sell out SDSU (19,000+), we'll have between 16-17,000 for Cal-Davis, and at LEAST a minimum of 15,000 for Northern Colorado. If we can attract 13-14,000 for Nicholls State, that will put us right up around the 15,000-average mark for season attendance. That would be as big of a year-to year jump from 2004-2005 than 2003-2004 was.

I'm expecting us to average 15,000 a game this year, and I feel good about it.

bisonmike
09-26-2005, 09:40 PM
The crowd against SDSU will be rockin'. I will be very disappointed if it isn't a sell out. I still think that SDSU winning that first game for the marker did more for the rivalry than anything else.

Tatanka
09-26-2005, 11:48 PM
With all due respect, I don't think the student turnout has been anything but spectacular so far. Of course, it remains to be seen how many show up for NSU, but I'd wager they bring 3-4k at the very least. And they are by their very nature loud, and they clearly support the team.

Now for the REST of the dome. I agree that we should all adopt a neighbor/friend/relative fencerider and bring them to a game, by force if necessary (e.g. buy their damn ticket and eliminate all reasonable excuses). Hell, even bring a fan of the upstate normal school. Let them see the difference firsthand. They'll be back. It's a small (<$50) investment in a future Bison fan. There's no reason we can't make the Dome the place to be on Saturdays. Heck, just sell out Davis and SDSU and we're on our way. Once the mentality sets in that 19k of your friends and neighbors are in on the best ticket in town, it isn't a stretch to believe that we can average 17k next year.

Yellow
09-27-2005, 12:11 AM
My comments were directed towards the rest of the dome, not the student section. The student section has been great this year! Keep it up!

sambini
09-27-2005, 02:05 AM
It looks impressive when that student section is full of gold tshirts...

bisongold
09-30-2005, 03:00 PM
The student section is definitely coming around!! If everyone would yell the entire time our defense is on the field, we can turn the Dome into a great homefield advantage! Then carry it thru to the basketball season!!

Herd_Mentality
09-30-2005, 05:50 PM
I would actually be surprised to see the SDSU game sell out. I think NDSU/the FFD or whoever made a huge mistake by scheduling this game at 6 and not even moving it back an hour.

This year, NDSU has 2 home games during deer hunting season. The SDSU game falls on the first weekend of late season. Having the game at 7 might have allowed more folks to get home, showered and up to the FFD for the game. The attendance at the UNC game will be the lowest of the season I believe since it is opening deer weekend.

Da_Bizon
10-26-2005, 06:03 AM
Someone needs to get the word to the Dome staff that it's ok to stand up and cheer. I've been hearing a few different stories about people being told to sit down and shut up last weekend, which is quite disturbing.

Bisonfan1
10-28-2005, 06:31 AM
Very Disturbing !!! :(

BisonBacker
10-28-2005, 09:42 PM
I know someone that works at the dome and I am going to ask him about all this. I believe it's happening only I have never had it happen to me fortunately. I have sat in many different sections in the past and not had the problem and I have been standing when people around me were sitting but never once did anyone tell me to sit down. I guess I would have had some choice words for them. But I am going to ask about this and see what the staff is being told and why or at least try to find out. It sucks that fans can't get up and cheer without haveing to worry about either other fans or dome staff getting after them. >:(

DomeGuy
11-02-2005, 05:53 PM
I work at the Fargodome...

The Dome staff only responds to any complaints as per NDSU guidelines. NDSU controls the entire event and the Dome staff is at their disposal.

Many here are quick to complain that the Dome staff is over-reacting, too strict, not strict enough, playing wrong music, have things turned up too loud, not loud enough, etc... but it is not the Dome staff that controls or dictates any of this. It is the folks at NDSU. The NDSU folks run their own box office, dictate how the staff should respond to any incident involving patrons and so on.

It is the college itself that determines the 'atmosphere' of their games...

tony
11-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Er, what are the policies then for fans, DomeGuy? What policy is FargoDome staff implementing when they go up to folks and tell them to sit down and/or be quiet or they'll get hauled out like criminals?

They're needs to be better communication between FargoDome employees about what is going on.

DomeGuy
11-04-2005, 09:32 PM
The 'policy' is set by NDSU...so let's get that straight first off... the Fargodome staff is only acting according to the way NDSU would like them too...as with any event.

The only time any patron is approached for standing (or any other legal activity for that matter) is when another patron complains about the action of another. I do know that on several instances NDSU representatives are contacted prior to anyone ever getting removed from the game. Sure, NDSU organizers may not be present during the actual removal (or whatever action is taken) but they have almost certainly been contacted and a request for course of action is sought before anyone is removed or otherwise dealt with.

sambini
11-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Can't everyone get along and have a good time. Enjoy the game and be considerate to those around you.

JBB
11-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Ive been to every FFD game but 5. *Not the best, I know Iknow, but not bad, and as BisonFan1 will testify I even made it in last week. *

Depending on the score the crowd is out of it when NDSU is winning big or NDSU is losing. *When a game is close or its early the crowd is as good as it gets. *If a team can shut the Fabulous Fargo Dome up good for them. *It doesnt happen often.

That crowd will be there Sat night. *If it gets mellow I hope the BISON are at fault by putting SDSU away early! * * :D * *

Go BISON!!

BisonBacker
11-11-2005, 12:44 AM
++++++++++ to the last two posts.
Hey Sambini you have really started a trend here ;D

sambini
11-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Just trying to my part +++++++

Bisonfan1
11-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Well for crying out loud, it's the Dakota Marker game, it's the last home game of the year 2005. Time for the living dead to help be the 12th man. I do not have a very good feeling about this game and the CROWD could very well decide who win's and who lose's. I do not want to hear from one single person after the game "If the crowd would have been up and cheering on that certain 3rd down, it could have been the differance and we COULD HAVE won" get off your duff's people, scream and cheer the Bison to victory. JUST DO IT.

Gamehunter
11-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Just a forewarning....don't expect a big student contingent at the game on Saturday. It should be better than the UNC blowout last weekend, but many students left for the long weekend. Scratch that MOST students left for the long weekend. It's also still deer season. However, the good news is that the ones that are still here are the loud ones.

sambini
11-12-2005, 03:50 AM
Pull out the students at CHUBS AND YOU WILL HAVE MORE STUDENTS THAN LAST WEEK.