PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating in the Cold

IowaBison
10-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Tailgating in the Cold- The Three C's

Chili, Coffee, and Kahlua

BisonCountry
10-21-2004, 02:45 PM
I agree with the Chili, but I'm going to have to go with Capt'n Morgan & Coke.

The Capt'n always keeps me warm inside.

tony
10-21-2004, 06:44 PM
I like Cider and Chocolate too (both hot).

Bisonguy
10-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Peppermint Schnapps and hot chocolate???

IowaBison
10-21-2004, 09:18 PM
aaah, peppermint schnaaps

how about some jag?

Bisonguy
10-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Jag= Trouble- and yes, that's with a capital 'T'

somebison
10-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Peppermint Schnapps and hot chocolate???

mmmmm.....yummy ;D

Herd_Mentality
10-22-2004, 03:24 AM
"You must love this country more than I love a cold beer on a hot Christmas morning"

-Homer Simpson

I'm gonna have to agree with Homer on this one....I love my country.

Trimmy
10-22-2004, 03:41 AM
It is a great country...

Windsor and Coke for me!!!

BisonFan
10-22-2004, 04:41 AM
It is a great country...

Windsor and Coke for me!!!

Amen to that! Nothing beats Windsor and Coke!

Tuk
10-22-2004, 07:40 AM
Amen to that! Nothing beats Windsor and Coke!

except bourbon and coke :D...screw that Canadian crap whiskey :-X!

Although I am not going to be at the Cal-Poly game, I do intend to attend the pregame activities and game on the 30th. I am thinking Mr. Beam, a 2 liter of Coke, and a pot full of good, spicy jambalya will keep me and the Bison faithful happy. :)

Tuk
10-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Does anyone else think it is ironic that Northwestern State's nickname is the Demons and the game is near halloween? Oh well... :-/

IowaBison
10-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Does anyone else think it is ironic that Northwestern State's nickname is the Demons and the game is near halloween? *Oh well... :-/

Holy Sh)t!

Didn't think of that, I'll be sure to wear my protective amulet.

TransAmBison
11-01-2005, 02:51 AM
Jag bomb? Jag bomb? Three jag bombs!!!

sambini
11-01-2005, 03:37 AM
Bring out the fire pit.

Bisonfan1
11-14-2005, 08:39 PM
I enjoyed the heck out of tailgating in the cold and rain (yes we had our ONE ez-up) (thanx BisonGuy) It would still be great to carry the game right over into an outdoor stadium. Yes the dome was the best in years, it woke the living dead against SDSU, but I still have not boughten into this indoor football thing completly. Nothing better than hot food off the grill, outdoors, on a cold November afternoon, than stand, move and cheer during an outdoor game because you have to, to stay warm.

sambini
11-15-2005, 01:03 AM
HOW MANY WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE IF IT WAS OUTSIDE IN THE WIND AND RAIN?

Bisonguy
11-15-2005, 01:14 AM
I enjoyed the heck out of tailgating in the cold and rain (yes we had our ONE ez-up) (thanx BisonGuy) It would still be great to carry the game right over into an outdoor stadium. Yes the dome was the best in years, it woke the living dead against SDSU, but I still have not boughten into this indoor football thing completly. Nothing better than hot food off the grill, outdoors, on a cold November afternoon, than stand, move and cheer during an outdoor game because you have to, to stay warm.

Don't you have access to another EZ-UP? ;) :P

Bisonfan1
11-15-2005, 02:05 AM
HOW MANY WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE IF IT WAS OUTSIDE IN THE WIND AND RAIN?
Just as many I would hope, but your probably right, numbers would have been down. I would buy into this dome thing if every game was like the SDSU game.

Bisonfan1
11-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Don't you have access to another EZ-UP? ;) :P
just yours, just kidding, we did allright, the gathering just kept getting bigger, couldnt move under the one, we didnt dream in a million years you wouldnt make the final tailgate, so didnt bring another one, Just bring yours to the basketball tailgate we are going to do this year, had a blast last year.

sambini
11-15-2005, 02:59 AM
Whats up with a basketball tailgate?

Bisonfan1
11-15-2005, 04:49 AM
It was great, had the Battle Wagon :'( then,set up the e-z up, grill and had a tailgate in the snow. Parents of the players were getting pictures, and some of the coaching staff came out and stopped by and thanked us for being there with the whole circus going. Flags flying, does'nt get any better. It was a great time. No colder than it used to be at the real stadium for football. Kept some things low key of course.

Till
11-15-2005, 05:58 PM
It was about 2:30 on Saturday when I realized, even though we got 12 people sheltered in the Monster, the next addition to the tailgating equipment is going to need to be one of those collapsable awnings/tents that seem to be popular, even saw a nice BISON one in the West lot. Where would I look to go about getting something like that?

Also, you let me know when you'll be tailgating for a basketball game and I think I can arrange for a certain Green Monster to join you.

IowaBison
11-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Sam's Club should have an EZ-Up with sides in stock cost about $220 with tax. Sportsmen's Warehouse also has some. Occasionally Wal-Mart does.

They're worth every penny.

Bisonguy
11-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Sam's Club should have an EZ-Up with sides in stock cost about $220 with tax. *Sportsmen's Warehouse also has some. *Occasionally Wal-Mart does.

They're worth every penny.

Yeah, make sure you get the real EZ-UP brand. The one at Sam's is a good bargain, especially with the sidepanels.

Till
11-16-2005, 07:23 PM
It's officially on the list for next years improvements now.

Year 1) Buy van and customize..Green Monster in Born

Year 2) Add gold window louvres and flashing yellow beacon

Year 3) EZ-UP and who knows.....maybe will fix the hole in the floor under the gass pedal...or maybe we'll get around to having a functional spedometer

Oh yeah, and G-City, if you're reading this the dashboard lights finally went out, not that it really matters. :P

Bisonfan1
11-16-2005, 07:33 PM
For sure we will let you know, we will have the Green Monster, the Battle Wagon and the Beige Beast, grills going, flags flying. Also, do you have cruise control in that? if so, I know whats wrong with your speedo, easy fix $$.

DG_Moore
11-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Before you get too nostalgic for outdoor football in terrible weather think of the "blizzard Bowl" against Augustana a Harvest Bowl game. My wife and I were snowed in at O'Neil NB returning for the game from a seminar but our son in Fargo had our tickets and nearly froze. I remember a photo showing a couple of hundred fans huddled against that low wall on the North Stands. (A few years later after my wife and I were allready in Fargo for the game the whole NCC schedule was cancelled.)

insane_ponderer
11-16-2005, 09:33 PM
It's officially on the list for next years improvements now.

Year 1) Buy van and customize..Green Monster in Born

Year 2) Add gold window louvres and flashing yellow beacon

Year 3) EZ-UP and who knows.....maybe will fix the hole in the floor under the gass pedal...or maybe we'll get around to having a functional spedometer

Oh yeah, and G-City, if you're reading this the dashboard lights finally went out, not that it really matters. * :P

lol...just blame it on kurt ;)

Bisonfan1
11-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Before you get too nostalgic for outdoor football in terrible weather think of the "blizzard Bowl" against Augustana a Harvest Bowl game. *My wife and I were snowed in at O'Neil NB returning for the game from a seminar but our son in Fargo had our tickets and nearly froze. *I remember a photo showing a couple of hundred fans huddled against that low wall on the North Stands. *(A few years later after my wife and I were allready in Fargo for the game *the whole NCC schedule was cancelled.) *
well maybe not as bad as the blizzard bowl, but cold weather gave the Bison big time home field advantage, look at the playoff record. Crowd noise should be a home field advantage now, hasn't been, need to keep working on it, and look at the playoff record since moving indoors. :( At any rate, tailgating in the cold at least give's a person a taste of real football weather.

Till
11-16-2005, 11:20 PM
Pretty sure there's no cruise on the van, at least none that we used in the 1860 miles to Greeley.

Every now and then when you rev the engine, besides a most excellent backfire, you will see the needle jump.

Not too big of a deal really, I imagine if that thing is gonna get pulled over it would have by now.

WYOBISONMAN
11-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Hey Till.....do you graduate this year? If so, you need to find a job close to Fargo so you can get that Green Monster to the Fargodome.....

Till
11-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I graduated last May with *most* of the rest of the crew that you met in Greeley. I'm working with Microsoft here in Fargo and the van has made it all of the home games this year. Season ticket holder and everything....

sambini
11-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Have a great tailgate party down at the BARN at the UOFMN. GO BISON..

sambini
11-24-2005, 02:32 AM
Anyone tailgating for the Eastern Michigan game saturday?

Bisonfan1
11-24-2005, 07:28 AM
OK, who's in, Bison Bryce with the Battle Wagon, Till with the the Green Machine, BisonGuy with the grill trailer, Sambini in the BudWeiser Dream Machine, Bisonfan1 in the piece of crap Ford LTD? Good showing and I am in. Hard to hang with you guys now that I am in the slums, but will do my best.

Bisonguy
11-24-2005, 07:48 AM
OK, who's in, Bison Bryce with the Battle Wagon, Till with the the Green Machine, BisonGuy with the grill trailer, Sambini in the BudWeiser Dream Machine, Bisonfan1 in the piece of crap Ford LTD? Good showing and I am in. Hard to hang with you guys now that I am in the slums, but will do my best.

I'm in. What time and where? The wife might have the Traillblazer, so it might just be the Holland Companion for me.

Also hoping a new lens shows up on my doorstep on Friday for my camera that would work nice in the BSA. ;D

sambini
11-24-2005, 04:16 PM
OK, who's in, Bison Bryce with the Battle Wagon, Till with the the Green Machine, BisonGuy with the grill trailer, Sambini in the BudWeiser Dream Machine, Bisonfan1 in the piece of crap Ford LTD? Good showing and I am in. Hard to hang with you guys now that I am in the slums, but will do my best.Budvan is in storage for the winter. But maybe we will have to go up there on saturday. After breakfast at Petro with a bunch of Bison fans on saturdays at 10:oo am.

Bisonfan1
11-25-2005, 01:54 PM
I will know later in the day If I have weekend call, if not im there. 10:00 AM sounds good. Will modify this when I find out. 3:00 PM, well as of right now, unfortunetly Im out, however if things change will notify. It sounds like would be a great day for tailgating and Bison Basketball. Will keep working on it here.

TransAmBison
11-25-2005, 10:48 PM
http://storage.msn.com/x1pcqnoQ7lcAd5djEf1uENfJ2Ru4v6InM9hbQrUloI89OZvpbc Ao5U_68vqv2BhipO4X9AdSuZ6vLfA8k-AxnMOt-erdXWDBQJOqpCf_aM6GKEVw0h1GtlV-g0RtWLmCZ4cnsBzg3kAIzad5pkfrOmH-Q

Just thought I'd give you boys a taste of tailgating to prime the pump!

Bisonfan1
11-26-2005, 02:01 AM
WEEEELL, I NEVER !!!! ;D Will the Battle Wagon be tailgating at 10:00 AM before the BB game Saturday ?? If not, you should be !!

BisonBryce
11-26-2005, 05:00 AM
ack man! saturday!

BattleWagon will not be there. I am in Aitkin, MN visiting the folks. I almost pondered getting the battlewagon into the Aitkin Fish house parade but didn't get here in time. We are doing thanksgiving saturday.

dang. next time for sure.

had to bring the battlewagon with me since it snowed in fargo. still looking for a place to store it officially. i might just have to put it in my parking spot. :-/

BisonBryce
11-26-2005, 05:10 AM
http://storage.msn.com/x1pcqnoQ7lcAd5djEf1uENfJ2Ru4v6InM9hbQrUloI89OZvpbc Ao5U_68vqv2BhipO4X9AdSuZ6vLfA8k-AxnMOt-erdXWDBQJOqpCf_aM6GKEVw0h1GtlV-g0RtWLmCZ4cnsBzg3kAIzad5pkfrOmH-Q

Just thought I'd give you boys a taste of tailgating to prime the pump!

Thundar is sure a lucky Bison there TransAm.
;)

sambini
11-27-2005, 05:28 AM
HE SURE IS ONE LUCKY BISON.

TransAmBison
11-28-2005, 10:25 PM
What can I say, she has a weakness for bison men!