PDA

View Full Version : What can we do to make the FargoDome better

tony
10-31-2005, 04:18 PM
I kinda think it's time to stop saying that the FargoDome or NDSU needs to do something about the Dome.

What can you or I do to make the Dome better?

Personally, I'd love the FargoDome to be a big old party every other Saturday with people smiling, cheering, and even occasionally standing to give their lungs full play... however, wishing and complaining isn't going to make it happen.

Steph_Popowski
10-31-2005, 04:48 PM
I enjoy going to the DOME on the Saturdays the Bison are playing! There is no place like the Dome! With loud (me being a loud fan) or quite fans- we should be very happy that we have a warm place to watch football in the cold! Trust me, I enjoy being outside in the crisp evening air watching football...but when it is down right cold and your freezing your a$$ off-that's when I think "Oh how lucky we are to have the Dome"- Who cares where you sit or stand...enjoy the game-and if you want to scream/yell/stand/sit/jump...whatever- Enjoy the game!!! We are all Bison fans...no matter how loud or quite we are. Do what you want to do and enjoy the atmosphere- I guess I have never had anybody tell me to sit down and be quite...I stand a lot and there people around me that sit-I guess that if you come to the Dome you should be ready for some FUN!!! Standing or sitting ( I would have to say Standing and Yelling is a lot more fun that sitting on my A$$) but to each his own!! :D Do what you want and enjoy the game! ;D

TransAmBison
10-31-2005, 10:44 PM
I do not think anyone should have to stand, but I don't think anyone should have to sit down. There are plenty of fans trying to be the 12th man, but there seems to be more fans that want everybody to sit down. To even get the teammakers next to the student section to clap seems to be quite a feet. Standing or sitting, I just wish people made some noise. If the rest of the dome was HALF as loud as the student section on third downs I think everybody would have more FUN!!!

sambini
11-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Very good thread Tony. Its time to have fun and be a Bison supporter .

NDSU_FAN
11-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Everyone should watch the tv commercial that the head coach of the hoosiers made, *there was even an article in the paper, saying how they believe this also helped in boosting ticket sales. *Very interesting should read:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/daily/1019hoeppner.html * *

and watch (2 awesome commericals)!!!!!

http://iuhoosiers.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/commercials.html

Herd_Mentality
11-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Wow...I love both of those commercials.

Bisonguy
11-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Coach Bohl on the video boards before the game talkiing about how great it is if the fans get off their feet and make some noise, and what it does for the student-athletes on the field.

Basically, what he's said on Bison Feedback a few times, but where all the Bison fans in the Fargodome can see/hear it.

Tatanka
11-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Everyone should watch the tv commercial that the head coach of the hoosiers made, *there was even an article in the paper, saying how they believe this also helped in boosting ticket sales. *Very interesting should read:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/daily/1019hoeppner.html * *

and watch (2 awesome commericals)!!!!!

http://iuhoosiers.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/commercials.html
Very good commercials, and obviously very effective ones at that... nice model to follow.

sambini
11-03-2005, 12:50 AM
Tell TROY in the athletic dept. about them. Very impressive.

pwbnd
11-11-2005, 12:14 AM
I honestly think that many of the fans that come to the game have no idea that they're supposed to make noise when the Bison are on defense. I went to the homecoming game this year with my family and my wife and mom had no idea that they should be clapping and screaming when the defense is on the field. I explained this to them and told them why it's to our advantage if the opposing offense can't hear. They proceeded to scream and clap the hole rest of the game. (my wife just about lost her voice!)

I think a little instructions would go a long way. I absolutely love the idea of having Coach Bohl record a message to be played on the video boards before the game and maybe at halftime. Explain to the more casual fans that if we're on defense, the crowd better be making some noise!

Here's a random theory.....

Like many people that grew up in ND, my high school wasn't big enough to field a football team. My first exposure to football was at a Bison game. Since I didn't grow up around football (other than watching the Vikings lose on t.v.) I didn't understand the importance of crowd noise...the 12th man concept. Many people like myself that didn't have high school football games to go to growing up may not be familiar with football game etiquette. Just a thought.

So, let's get the coach up on those video boards and tell everyone to get up off their duff and scream on 1st, 2nd AND 3rd downs!!

Rodentia
11-14-2005, 02:17 AM
I think the contrast is too low on the screens in the Fargodome. It was hard to see what was going on in replays, the low contrast made everything look washed out.

sambini
11-14-2005, 02:34 AM
I AGREE LAST NITE THE SCREEN WERE NOT RIGHT. But getting the pa announcer into the game was a lot better. Telling the crowd to get into it.

Rodentia
11-14-2005, 03:10 AM
I think the "FARGODOME" text across the field is over the top. It dominates the field - the teams playing shouldn't be upstaged.

Bisonguy
11-14-2005, 03:14 AM
I think the "FARGODOME" text across the field is over the top. *It dominates the field - the teams playing shouldn't be upstaged.

That would require replacing the turf. The Fargodome logos and the lines are dyed into the turf. Everything else is painted.

sambini
11-14-2005, 03:14 AM
That is a good point you do not see that in any other stadium.

chuckles
11-15-2005, 09:45 PM
ndsu...take note at those commercials.

Lets cut the hallstrom intro at the game and bring coach bohl on the screens welcoming everyone to the game and encouraging fans to get up and make some noise. Some message that will get everyone into the game day spirit and ready for some football!

tony
11-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Hehehe, I'd like to see some guy dressed like a televangelist get on the big screens and preach the good word about being a fan, faith heal a zombie fan or two (maybe he could lay hands on an uptight looking guy and when the healee turns around to face the camera, hallelujah!, he has face paint on and is whooping like a crazy man... maybe he could heal another guy so he can stand up for third down). The bit could end up with the telefangelist screaming, "Can you fee-yeel the Thunder? CAN YOU FUH-YEEL THE THUNDER!" and then collapsing in a heap. Scene fades to black and the Team Makers number asking for donations.

Heck, I might come to a game dressed as a televangelist and heal some people myself :)

TransAmBison
11-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Can I get a booyah from the congregation!!

sambini
11-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Booyaah.....

pmp6nl
12-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Well that all sounds good. If you want to see it, do something. Contact student government or team makers or something.

It wont get done unless you do a little work

sambini
12-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Contact Troy Goergen,GENE TAYLOR, or even Coach Bohl with a email ideas...