PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU THINK YOUR TOWN IS PRO BISON?

sambini
09-03-2005, 02:31 AM
Fargo is and should be. Let me know if your town is or not?

kchats
09-03-2005, 03:30 AM
No. I live in Springfield, Missouri they are pro Missouri State and Drury.

insane_ponderer
09-03-2005, 04:19 AM
currently pittsburgh is steelers or pitt panthers country

formerly grace city, nd with some fine ndsu alumni is definently pro ndsu

sambini
09-03-2005, 06:27 PM
GCITY BISON DO YOU KNOW GOOFY HES IN CHARGE OF TAILGATING.

insane_ponderer
09-03-2005, 11:39 PM
sambini,

is he from grace city? if he is i probably know him, just not by the name goofy.

sambini
09-04-2005, 12:44 AM
HIS NAME IS DAVE GAUFFIN HE WAS A TEACHER THERE IN THE MID 70S.

insane_ponderer
09-04-2005, 05:50 AM
sorry, he was well before my time in the big city....

RxBison
09-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Fargo is and should be. Let me know if your town is or not?

Fargo isn't what I would call "anti-Bison," but I think that it could be more pro-Bison. * It is getting better, especially with our downtown presence, but I think it could be more.

For example, anyone ever been to Manhattan, KS? *That place is what one might call pro-Wildcats. *That purple logo is EVERYWHERE around town. *That's all they have there, and their pride shows!

But even in places like Minneapolis, where the U competes with lots of other pro teams and colleges, that city is definately Pro-Gophers. *

Even though we have two colleges in Moorhead, the city of Fargo needs to step up and show some green and gold around town. *People should think Fargo, think North Dakota State.

Just one guy's opinion.

Bisonguy
09-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Fargo isn't what I would call "anti-Bison," but I think that it could be more pro-Bison. * It is getting better, especially with our downtown prescence, but I think it could be more.

For example, anyone ever been to Manhattan, KS? *That place is what one might call pro-Wildcats. *That purple logo is EVERYWHERE around town. *That's all they have there, and their pride shows!

But even in places like Minneapolis, where the U competes with lots of other pro teams and colleges, that city is definately Pro-Gophers. *

Even though we have two colleges in Moorhead, the city of Fargo needs to step up and show some green and gold around town. *People should think Fargo, think North Dakota State.

Just one guy's opinion.

Having the Fan Day at West Acres and the NDSU presence at one of the Third Thursday events was a good start this year.

Getting NDSU out into the community should be a priority. NDSU has appeared to be too much of an introvert sort of entity in the FM community.

somebison
09-05-2005, 01:50 AM
posted this a while back,

From the get-go, it just wasn't a marriage made in heaven. The relationship between NDSU and the city of Fargo, that is.

For Fargo, the agricultural college was a consolation prize awarded by the constitutional convention when it parceled out the state institutions in 1889. As Samuel Roberts, one of Fargo's delegates to the convention remembered it; the city wanted "something big," such as the penitentiary or the insane asylum. But when the time came to pass out the plums, Bismarck got the prison and Jamestown got the asylum. Poor Fargo had to console itself with the college.

http://www.ndsu.edu/ndsu/news/magazine/vol05_issue01/consolation.shtml

TheBisonator
09-05-2005, 03:22 AM
Fargo isn't what I would call "anti-Bison," but I think that it could be more pro-Bison. * It is getting better, especially with our downtown prescence, but I think it could be more.

Just one guy's opinion.

The problem is all the freaking undII graduates around the Fargo-Moorhead area that counteract the Pro-Bison presence. NDSU grads move on to places like Minneapolis, Chicago and Phoenix, but the undII grads all seem to settle down in Fargo and pollute our city with their filth. I'm really afraid that as long as undII has more students than NDSU, we're going to have trouble even just staying more popular than the Sue in the F-M area in the future.

sambini
09-05-2005, 03:58 AM
The key is to turn them und2 into Bison fans were the only d1 school in the state. I have signed up a couple to teammakers that wouldn't have joined before. They were so impressed with Gene and CRAIG and the direction the program is going.

kchats
09-05-2005, 04:11 AM
Good work Sambini, bring them to the light from the dark side.

insane_ponderer
09-05-2005, 04:22 AM
posted this a while back,

From the get-go, it just wasn't a marriage made in heaven. The relationship between NDSU and the city of Fargo, that is.

For Fargo, the agricultural college was a consolation prize awarded by the constitutional convention when it parceled out the state institutions in 1889. As Samuel Roberts, one of Fargo's delegates to the convention remembered it; the city wanted "something big," such as the penitentiary or the insane asylum. But when the time came to pass out the plums, Bismarck got the prison and Jamestown got the asylum. Poor Fargo had to console itself with the college.

reading that article brings up a great idea....why can't 12th ave. be called bison blvd ??

RxBison
09-05-2005, 04:25 AM
I wish we could also see Fargo businesses showing some Bison Pride. How about offering those businesses that donate to NDSU more than just a window decal to display in their store?

How about more nice looking Bison Gear available to all Team Makers at a discounted price? (i.e. the kind you could wear to work, too). I see people with nice Team Maker polos and button-down shirts, but I have never been offered to buy any.

How about "Bison Game Day" signs for every Team Maker?

How about Bison Flags/Banners in other places besides downtown and on campus?

Anyone else have any ideas to show some green and gold around the town? I bet our marketing people read this board, and they might use your idea. (Or at least Sambini can tell them; He is on a first name basis with all of the ADs and coaches :D)

Bisonguy
09-05-2005, 05:02 AM
Anyone else have any ideas to show some green and gold around the town? *I bet our marketing people read this board, and they might use your idea. *(Or at least Sambini can tell them; He is on a first name basis with all of the ADs and coaches *:D)

Keep working on better looking apparell, and get more fans to wear it. Have more cross-promotions with other events (Redhawks?) and in the community to get more people to the games, and to get more people into Bison apparell.

Inexpensive investment, and NDSU would gain revenue from it.

SDbison
09-05-2005, 03:26 PM

In South Dakota, Sioux Falls got the penitentiary back in those days and passed on higher education. I think today many in the community wish SDSU was in Sioux Falls. Does anyone know why communities wanted prisons instead of colleges back in the late 1800's? Was there more money or employment involved with having a state prison? More pride with housing criminals? :-/

SDbison
09-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Keep working on better looking apparell, and get more fans to wear it. Have more cross-promotions with other events (Redhawks?) and in the community to get more people to the games, and to get more people into Bison apparell.

Inexpensive investment, and NDSU would gain revenue from it.

As I have said on this board before good marketing will go a long way. I think some good things have happened, but not nearly enough. Look at all the hype for the Valpo game last year, but no band or anything special to start out the season this year. I agee with Bisonguy the apparel still looks like DII. How about some moves to PROMOTE the Bison. Got to start thinking outside the box. The Dome should be filled for every game with green and yellow throughout. My biggest gripe at the moment is the pay service for bison game broadcasts. No way should that be happening if Gene and company want to grow the following, or dip further into Alumni and fans pocketbooks throughout the country. Really wish I knew what Bisonzone is making a year for that service ($5000 maybe, $10,000 max.)? NDSU should just pay them so that the Bison are promoted everywhere. Best investment thay would make! Also, there needs to be a fill the dome committee that actively works to grow season ticket sales, walk up sales, and offering other promotions. Not enough is done now (Family packs and 2 for 1 coupons is the easy way out).

kchats
09-05-2005, 04:23 PM
When the broadcasts were free they had tons of trouble with drops during the broadcast. I am kind of happy with the service since the only time I've been dropped I have been able to listen to the MP3 link. I also like the feature where they trim the news out and only provide the part of the sports cast that pertains the NDSU. The coaches feedback and press conferences are also of interest to me. My only complaint is they basically are only covering the football team and both the men's and women's basketball team with the service. Their stories on the other sports are lacking for the most part and they need to do more since the other sports are division I as well.

MinotBison
09-05-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't know if Minot is pro anything, but I am betting that Velva is pro Bison, what with all the recruits we've gotten from there over the years.

SDbison
09-05-2005, 05:17 PM
When the broadcasts were free they had tons of trouble with drops during the broadcast. *I am kind of happy with the service since the only time I've been dropped I have been able to listen to the MP3 link. *I also like the feature where they trim the news out and only provide the part of the sports cast that pertains the NDSU. *The coaches feedback and press conferences are also of interest to me. *My only complaint is they basically are only covering the football team and both the men's and women's basketball team with the service. *Their stories on the other sports are lacking for the most part and they need to do more since the other sports are division I as well.

So what is wrong with quality for free? I believe most of us on this board have logged on to other smaller school's websites and listened to games for FREE, NO CHARGE, and ABSOLUTELY NO COST. I have never had interuption problems at other teams sites, although I have to tolerate the other teams announcers. This past weekend I listened to the Nebraska, Maine game on the Internet WITHOUT PURCHASING some sort of pass.
If you must have some of the stat extras maybe that can be part of the premium package. Personally I think the current pay Bisonzone is a rip off. Shame on NDSU for not doing something about it. I have yet to log on to another college team's website and see a pay service for the basic broadcast. Anyone have information what percentage of universities GOUGE their Alumni and fans to listen to the game on the Internet?

Bisonguy
09-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Doesn't KDSU still have a free internet broadcast?

None of the free audio webcasts I've seen from other schools have access to archives, the coaches show, or press conferences.

roadwarrior
09-05-2005, 06:06 PM
The Bisonzone website is not owned by NDSU, so its the Forum Communications Company ripping us off.

insane_ponderer
09-05-2005, 06:48 PM
i think part of all of this is just patience. Think of how large some of the other land grant, state universities are.

That many more alumni just means that much more buzz, and recruiting, and popularity in other parts of the country. As long as NDSU keeps growing and gaining positive press thru academics and athletics, it will eventually get to that upper level of state universities.

Slow and steady, onward and upward. We can't expect to be the University of Minnesota, Ohio State etc. right away, but we can definently keep growing and trying to get there in due time.

kchats
09-05-2005, 07:55 PM
I emailed and complained to Gene Taylor when this fee came up to follow the Bison. He told me that the Forum told him that they needed the fees to cover the costs of upgrading the site to provide better service to the fans. I don't have his email anymore but if you have a complaint about the coverage and or fees email Gene Taylor. Most sites are starting to charge fees to listen online. I think most NFL teams now charge to listen to their broadcasts online. Maybe once the Forum gets the equipment up to speed they'll drop the fee. This year they have a 300 kbps stream that improves the TV clips and if my fee enables them to purchase equipment to provide webcasts next season or at least the season after I will gladly pay. Until division I-AA gets more TV coverage on a weekly basis webcasts or local TV broadcasts will have to cover us out of state alumni.

kchats
09-05-2005, 07:57 PM
The Bisonzone website is not owned by NDSU, so its the Forum Communications Company ripping us off.

If they reinvest our fees to cover upgrades to the site I don't have a problem with it. I want them to provide webcasts with a stream of 700 kbps or higher.

Bisonguy
09-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Having to pay is better than free choppy audio that boots you off the server, and WAY better than paying $8.95/game for video that's only about 300x300 pixels that freezes, crashes, audio cuts out, and misses portions of the games.

SDbison
09-06-2005, 03:27 AM
Having to pay is better than free choppy audio that boots you off the server, and WAY better than paying $8.95/game for video that's only about 300x300 pixels that freezes, crashes, audio cuts out, and misses portions of the games.
This past weekend I didn't get chopped off during the FREE Internet webcast of game audio on the Nebraska athletics website. As for only getting this type of good service at big universities I say bull. I listened to the Nichols State game last year on their website with no audio problems, in addition to many other games in the same manner. And I am not being cheap as some might respond. Why is WDAY, the Forum or whoever monopolizing the away games for profit. Where is the public service, or even the intelligence of NDSU to possibly make this a FREE service to Alumni, fans, students, future teammakers, and prospective students. Seems a bit narrow minded on the part of NDSU, or is there a big FORUM or WDAY donor that has pulled strings to make it a pay service? By the way no one ever answered......what percentage of the DI university websites charge to hear their games via Inernet? I think kchats said most.......based on what?

Bisonguy
09-06-2005, 03:42 AM
This past weekend I didn't get chopped off during the FREE Internet webcast of game audio on the Nebraska athletics website. *As for only getting this type of good service at big universities I say bull. *I listened to the Nichols State game last year on their website with no audio problems, in addition to many other games in the same manner. *And I am not being cheap as some might respond. *Why is WDAY, the Forum or whoever monopolizing the away games for profit. *Where is the public service, or even the intelligence of NDSU to possibly make this a FREE service to Alumni, fans, students, future teammakers, and prospective students. *Seems a bit narrow minded on the part of NDSU, or is there a big FORUM or WDAY donor that has pulled strings to make it a pay service? *By the way no one ever answered......what percentage of the DI university websites charge to hear their games via Inernet? *I think kchats said most.......based on what? * *

KNDS, 105.9, ThunerRadio, definitely has the technology to broadcast the games for free, and has done so in the past. Don't know what their plans are for this year, but I believe they did so last year. I'll usually just tune in to 970 AM , so others can use the bandwidth.

I would say most schools have free broadcasts. I know even some DII schools, such as Grand Valley State, have started up free video webcasts this year.

Rodentia
09-06-2005, 08:03 AM
The key is to turn them und2 into Bison fans were the only d1 school in the state. I have signed up a couple to teammakers that wouldn't have joined before. They were so impressed with Gene and CRAIG and the direction the program is going.

Bemidji is pro-Beavers and pro-Gophers, for example. Most fans of D-II sports see no conflict between following their D-II team and following the state's D-I team. I think it will settle out that way in North Dakota as well, once the inescapable reality sets in that NDSU is the state's D-I team.

sambini
09-07-2005, 03:38 AM
Also maybe what your hometown was pro bison?

BisonWarrior
09-07-2005, 03:43 AM
I know what you mean about Manhattan KS. I was doing business there and the town is Wild Cats crazy. They ask all businesses at the mall to dress in purple and white and decorate the store for game day. They do the "mall thing" also like the Bison did this year. Every car in that town has a Wild Cat license and evey house has a yard poster. It is great. We should send a group out to different cities that are known for their team support and find out what they do. It would be great to get the North business to fly flags on game day so when fans come into town you get a great WOW factor.

sambini
09-07-2005, 03:47 AM
Also check out Omaha and Lincoln on game day. Its unreal .

kchats
09-07-2005, 04:32 AM
You should see Kansas City on Fridays before home games for the Chiefs. *They have Red Friday and people wear red all over town. *They have a big pep rally and it draws well as well.

sambini
09-07-2005, 04:38 AM
KRCHATS went and saw Phil Hansen play in KC . I was very impressed and went to Buffalo they started tailgating on Friday afternoons. Ate at a great sportsbar in NKC ITS GOT A HUGE SPORTS MEMO COLLECTION ALSO A COUPLE OF BISON HELMETS? HAVE YOU EVER BEEN THERE?

WYOBISONMAN
09-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Green River, WY - Cowboys

Williston, ND - Split between NDSU and UND fans.

dnk
09-07-2005, 04:03 PM
I think if I lived in Bismarck, Mayville, Valley City,
Crookston or Bemidji and read some of the posts on this
forum, I would find it very difficult to be a Bison fan. :-[

Rodentia
09-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Paying to listen to games will seriously limit who will listen. If you have to pay, only the most die-hard Bison fans will pay. But if it is free, then a lot more people will listen, and that helps build up the fan base.

Getting as many games as possible on local TV will help solidify the fan base in North Dakota and NW Minnesota. Perhaps it might be helpful to schedule games when Minnesota isn't playing - for example, if the Gophers are playing an evening game, schedule an afternoon game. That way, people don't have to choose.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
09-07-2005, 05:59 PM
It's gotta be tough right now, as on one hand you would want your product to be free and easy for as many people as possible to build the fan base, but on the other hand they need to bring in money as this is the transition period, and probably the toughest times, financially, that they will face. Not an easy decision probably.

GFBisonFan
09-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Pretty much a split down the middle here-I am trying my best to recruit new fans.

Hard to do when the Kleinsassers were from here-picked up some UNDers there

However more and more athletes are coming from here to NDSU (and New Rockford, which is just up the road)

Of course I won't do anything fishy being a fan and booster-just hang DI posters all over where I work and put the game day sign out in front of the house

IowaBison
09-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I think if I lived *in Bismarck, *Mayville, Valley City,
Crookston or Bemidji and read some of the posts on this
forum, I would find it very difficult to be a Bison fan. *:-[ * *

You're full of sh*t.

I know plenty of residents and alumni of the universities in those towns and they know how good or how bad their athletic departments are and how they compare to NDSU's.

kchats
09-07-2005, 06:47 PM
KRCHATS went and saw Phil Hansen play in KC . I was very impressed and went to Buffalo they started tailgating on Friday afternoons. Ate at a great sportsbar in NKC ITS GOT A HUGE SPORTS MEMO COLLECTION ALSO A COUPLE OF BISON HELMETS? HAVE YOU EVER BEEN THERE?

I'm not sure if I have ever been to that sports bar. I have been to quite a few and there are a bunch in Kansas City. Can you narrow the area down some? I move out of Kansas City last spring to Topeka, KS and then moved again to Springfield, MO last fall.

tony
09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
You're full of sh*t.

I know plenty of residents and alumni of the universities in those towns and they know how good or how bad their athletic departments are and how they compare to NDSU's.

Well I must be full of crap too :)

I cringe every time somebody puts down DII or other schools in the area. Yeah, I don't think NDSU and some of these schools belong in the same division, but that doesn't mean they aren't good at what they do and it doesn't mean I don't wish them every success. Even if they were terrible, saying so doesn't make NDSU any better and sure doesn't make any friends in those places.

tony
09-07-2005, 08:56 PM
I probably could have been clearer. Suppose you are trying to convince somebody to go to an NDSU game, do you think pointing out how bad the College of Recreational Research in Aneta-Pekin is will make them say, "Gosh, he's right. That school is CRRAP, I better root for good old NDSU?" Hehehe, no way! You have to stress why going to an NDSU game might be fun... having a beer and a brat (or two), hanging out with some crazy fans, seeing a good football team in an amazing facility might. Talking about how bad somebody else is will not.

If so, why wouldn't they become a Gopher fan instead? I mean NDSU is to the Gophers what Dickinson State is to NDSU, isn't it?

Being arrogant just turns people off.

IowaBison
09-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Well I must be full of crap too :)

I cringe every time somebody puts down DII or other schools in the area. Yeah, I don't think NDSU and some of these schools belong in the same division, but that doesn't mean they aren't good at what they do and it doesn't mean I don't wish them every success. Even if they were terrible, saying so doesn't make NDSU any better and sure doesn't make any friends in those places.

I agree that no one like a pompous ass, Tony, but the truth is the truth. Neither NDSU nor UND are not in the same class as UMC, Mary, or Mayville. That being said I wish no athletic department (well except for one) ill will. ;)

BismarckBison
09-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Two most popular sports in North Dakota:
1. Male Bashing
2. NDSU Bashing
Male bashing: seems like every other TV commercial takes a shot at men, but that is for another thread.

NDSU Bashing: I have lived in both Fargo and Bismarck, when I bring up the Bison there is always at least one person who says I hate them, but when I ask them, nicely, to qualify and quantify why they "hate the Bison" I usually get answers like "just because" or "its an attitude thing" and again I follow up with "an attitude thing? What do you mean?" they never have a solid answer.
I think we need to start a list of positives about the Bison. Instead of fretting over statements from the UND camp up north let us rise above the pettiness and push support for the Bison to a new level!
My reason for supporting the Bison:
1. Best Game in the state!

02Bison
09-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I probably could have been clearer. Suppose you are trying to convince somebody to go to an NDSU game, do you think pointing out how bad the College of Recreational Research in Aneta-Pekin is will make them say, "Gosh, he's right. That school is CRRAP, I better root for good old NDSU?" Hehehe, no way! You have to stress why going to an NDSU game might be fun... having a beer and a brat (or two), hanging out with some crazy fans, seeing a good football team in an amazing facility might. Talking about how bad somebody else is will not.

If so, why wouldn't they become a Gopher fan instead? I mean NDSU is to the Gophers what *Dickinson State is to NDSU, isn't it?

Being arrogant just turns people off.

I couldn't have said it better! Maybe they will listen to you Tony!

Bison_Dan
09-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Two most popular sports in North Dakota:
1. Male Bashing
2. NDSU Bashing
Male bashing: seems like every other TV commercial takes a shot at men, but that is for another thread.

NDSU Bashing: I have lived in both Fargo and Bismarck, when I bring up the Bison there is always at least one person who says I hate them, but when I ask them, nicely, to qualify and quantify why they "hate the Bison" I usually get answers like "just because" or "its an attitude thing" and again I follow up with "an attitude thing? What do you mean?" they never have a solid answer.
I think we need to start a list of positives about the Bison. Instead of fretting over statements from the UND camp up north let us rise above the pettiness and push support for the Bison to a new level!
My reason for supporting the Bison:
1. Best Game in the state!

I think the 12 game fb win streak over und didn't endear us to many und fans and fans that don't like teams that are very successful. Look at the Yankees, you either love them or hate them. In 5 years when we have success in DI I think the whole state will be on board. I think that's what is scaring und, and why there're looking for games.

JBB
09-08-2005, 01:18 PM
BismarckBison touches on a subtile pt. The fan base for college football is polarized in North Dakota because of the rivalry with undII. The game forces fans to pick sides and once they do they rarely switch back. We are better off not playing them and giving all fans in the state a chance to be BISON fans without having to compromise their allegance to any other state school.

We have nothing to gain with the game.

Tracker
09-08-2005, 02:23 PM
The way you guys have made so much fun of the towns and teams{plural} in the state and area--it"s going to be hard to build up your fan base. You guys have burned a lot of bridges lately around the area.

BisonMav
09-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Twin Cities is Gopher Country with a few Badgers sprinkled in.

IowaBison
09-08-2005, 03:03 PM
The way you guys have made so much fun of the towns and teams{plural} in the state and area--it"s going to be hard to build up your fan base. *You guys have burned a lot of bridges lately around the area.

Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.....

WYOBISONMAN
09-08-2005, 03:07 PM
I think this thread is about ready for the SMACK pile... ::)

Rodentia
09-08-2005, 03:54 PM
UMC doesn't pretend to be an athletic equal to NDSU. But if someone goes to UMC sports events, trying to convince them not to go to UMC games isn't going to persuade them to go to NDSU games. You have to sell them on NDSU games.
The real untapped market for NDSU games isn't people who are already going to other college's athletic events, but people who aren't attending any collegiate sports events. For a lot of these people, D-I athletics are appealing, but other D-I schools are a long ways away.

People who attend Hamline or Hamline games could easily make the short drive to the University of Minnesota for a game if they wished. Now they know that they are far from being in the same division as the Gophers, and they aren't a very strong team even in their division. Attempting to sell the Gophers by telling them their team sucks would be a mistake. But I have to imagine that a good number of their fans also go to some Gopher games and watch Gopher games on TV.

Those who are already strong fans of lower-division teams are hard to covert to your side at the expense of the team they are already fans of. However, you can persuade them to be fans of your team in addition. I'd put ads for Bison sports in small town newspapers. This will catch a lot of people's attention, and advertising will make the newspapers more inclined to be favorable towards NDSU. Plus, small town newspaper ads are pretty cheap.

UND92
09-08-2005, 04:30 PM
I agree with what tracker said. You have talked down to alot of schools (towns) with this whole DI bit. You have isolated yourself on an Island. Why would these people in some of these towns warm up to you now, after what you have said about them (minot, mayville, crookston). Remember, all you have done so far is made the move. There is a little saying that goes, "I am not better than you, but I am not any worse". Try it sometime.

Bison_Dan
09-08-2005, 04:56 PM
I agree with what tracker said. *You have talked down to alot of schools (towns) with this whole DI bit. *You have isolated yourself on an Island. *Why would these people in some of these towns warm up to you now, after what you have said about them (minot, mayville, crookston). *Remember, all you have done so far is made the move. *There is a little saying that goes, "I am not better than you, but I am not any worse". *Try it sometime. *

Your post is all bs. *How many people in crookston are on this board. *I can find negitive posts on the sue board too about these schools - big deal! *und fans and the coaches like to play patsies they're in the right division and all the luck in the world to them. *In a few years und sports (besides Hockey) will be like what Mayville St. sports are today in the eyes of sports fans, *nobody will care!

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
09-08-2005, 05:02 PM
I think this thread is about ready for the SMACK pile... ::)

That's what usually happens when Dan and JBB post. It always comes to UND.

Obsessed? I think so.

GCWaters
09-08-2005, 05:11 PM
I agree with what tracker said. You have talked down to alot of schools (towns) with this whole DI bit. You have isolated yourself on an Island. Why would these people in some of these towns warm up to you now, after what you have said about them (minot, mayville, crookston). Remember, all you have done so far is made the move. There is a little saying that goes, "I am not better than you, but I am not any worse". Try it sometime.

Well, if anyone would know about p***ing off the smaller schools and communities due to smugness and a condescending attitude, it would be someone from UND...the institution has a history of intellectual arrogance and has managed to alienate nearly every other institution in the state...

Rodentia
09-08-2005, 06:19 PM
And UND fans have been just glowing with praise over over such schools. Look how eagerly UND fans have embraced the idea of the DAC-10 moving to D-II. The fans of schools like UMC and Mayville know that they aren't D-I.

RedRiver
09-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Hey Tracker and und92, please give some examples of when NDSU or it's supporters, went public and knocked down other small towns and schools, and burned all of the bridges.

I hope you are not referring to talk on this chat board, as that in no way affects anything, escpecially the general population.

UND92
09-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey Tracker and und92, please give some examples of when NDSU or it's supporters, went public and knocked down other small towns and schools, and burned all of the bridges.

I hope you are not referring to talk on this chat board, as that in no way affects anything, escpecially the general population.
I did not say ndsu, and yes I am referring to this PUBLIC message board. So it doesn't matter what you say on this chat board? And if the people that read this stuff are not the general public, then who in the hect are they. You don't think some sports nut living in crookston or mayville doesn't read some of this smack, then goes around town, and to the local bars and tells people what he read today on the message board. Believe me, this stuff gets around more than you think. This board is full of ndsu supporters, who sometimes act pretty childish with the statements they make. If it doesn't matter what they say why is there always some other bison supporter on this board telling them to cool it or to drop the subject. Because the bison fans on here do represent a small percentage of the public and there word does have an effect on what people might think about there school. If it doesn't matter what is being said on here then let's really let it go, because by what you are saying it does not matter.

kchats
09-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Some Bison fans only post on here to correct or criticize Bison fans posts no matter the content. We don't listen to them and neither should you. They are in the minority.

DIBISON
09-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Come on let's live in the real world und92. Referring to a public message board, especially a SPORTS board, has no effect on the indifferent general public. You still haven't provided examples of NDSU or it's supporters publicly ridiculing other towns and colleges. Yes, maybe by some posters on a private web board, which is much, much different than public statements. Give some concrete examples!!

sambini
09-09-2005, 02:45 AM
All this thread was meant to ask is your town or hometown pro bison? Not to ridicule anyone? Examples Carrington,ND 50 50,NEW ROCKFORD,ND BISON, AND BISMARCK I WOULD SAY IS MORE OF A UND TOWN. In my opinion and thats what I WANTED TO SEE ON THIS THREAD.

UND92
09-09-2005, 05:13 AM
Come on let's live in the real world und92. Referring to a public message board, especially a SPORTS board, has no effect on the indifferent general public. You still haven't provided examples of NDSU or it's supporters publicly ridiculing other towns and colleges. Yes, maybe by some posters on a private web board, which is much, much different than public statements. Give some concrete examples!!
Hello, did you not read what I just said wrote. I answered the question. So your now saying what ever is said on here has no effect on the public. I just told you it does and I gave you examples. Don't you understand. I didn't know this was a private board. I feel so privileged to even be allowed on this site. I see I must be dealing with an ag student here. You might want to read my post again there sunshine.

JBB
09-09-2005, 12:40 PM
May I digress?

What is und92s posting noise ratio - *interesting commentary about NDSU athletics to argumentive, aggressive attacks?

SYYs is probably a little better, but he has this obsession with me. *Is he my top groupie or what ???

Rodentia is right about this pot calling the kettle black. *This conversation is absurd finger pointing. *

NDSU needs fans that want to go to the game no matter who is playing. *Montana had 23,000 + for Fort Lewis last weekend. *Now there is a college honoring Native Americans. *They get free tuition. *Well Fort Lewis didnt stand a chance and lost like they were Boll Weveals. *Listening to the broadcast you would have thought is was the super bowl.

The best thing we can do is continue to establish our image in DI, stay away from DII teams in North Dakota since that simply splits the fan base on a permanent basis, seek out top competition and keep enjoying the games. *

This is only our second yr! *Our tailgating is just now starting to grow. *The whole thing is starting to grow. *If we add 1,000 to our avg attendance this yr that new stadium I was talking about isnt that far out any more.

Oh yea. for the record I think West Fargo is 60-40 BISON. Willmar is pro BISON because of the recruiting and football.

BisonMav
09-09-2005, 12:52 PM
All this thread was meant to ask is your town or hometown pro bison? Not to ridicule anyone? Examples Carrington,ND 50 50,NEW ROCKFORD,ND BISON, AND BISMARCK I WOULD SAY IS MORE OF A UND TOWN. In my opinion and thats what I WANTED TO SEE ON THIS THREAD. *

Looks like you been hyjacked Sambini :-[

RedRiver
09-09-2005, 10:43 PM
I'd say Bismarck is 50/50, where I worked there were tons of engineers from SU.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
09-10-2005, 08:51 AM
SYYs is probably a little better, but he has this obsession with me. *Is he my top groupie or what ???

No, actually I don't really like your posts usually as they ALWAYS involve smacking UND.

You are the top "closet Sioux fan" though. You can't get enough can you :o

sambini
09-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Bison Mav you are right.

DG_Moore
10-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Six of the nine full time farmer/ranchers in my township are NDSU graduates. 2/3 of the living past Presidents of the ND Stockmen's Assn. are NDSU graduates. The NDSU Extension service puts an NDSU presence in every county. NDSU sentiment is very strong in rural ND generally. The leadership positions in agriculture have a major NDSU presence. The various Agricultural Research Centers (Streeter, Dickinson, Hettinger, Minot, Carrington, Williston, and Langdon) provide a very visible NDSU presence.

Even though I intended to go to NDSU from before I was in High School; I mainly followed the University of MN and NB football teams when I was young. With NDSU now Division I; we should be able to make the primary sports interest NDSU.

Small communities are close knit and any outstanding NDSU athlete from a rural town or county greatly expands interest in NDSU.

sambini
10-02-2005, 10:53 PM
DG thanks for the response it was right on.

pmp6nl
12-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Am I missing something?

Where was all the bashing that was supposedly going on.. please provide quotes.

As someone not from ND/MN.. I am from Iowa, I must have missed the subtle hints about DII bashing or whatever.

Can someone please enlighten me... Did I totally miss it or something??

IowaBisonToo
12-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Am I missing something?

Where was all the bashing that was supposedly going on.. please provide quotes.

As someone not from ND/MN.. I am from Iowa, I must have missed the subtle hints about DII bashing or whatever.

Can someone please enlighten me... *Did I totally miss it or something??

No, you didn't miss anything. As far as I can tell most people on the board generally acknowledge the fact that these smaller schools have their place. It's nice to see them do well and especially nice when they hand a school like UND a loss. I think it would be similar to what a Gopher fan (or Hawkeye fan in your case) might be thinking about a Bison fan. Oh, here comes a team we're going to have an automatic win against. I don't think there were to many people here or anywhere else that were completely miffed by the fact that the Gophs were thinking that way. We knew it was true. The Bison, at this point, can't (or aren't supposed to) compete with them. It was more of a, "what are you going to say if we do beat you?" type of attitude. When we lost, we all looked for good things that came from the game. In fact, I think it opened up the eyes of many a Gopher fan when NDSU played the way they did. However, I don't think there was any real DII bashing. It's more of a UND bashing type of thing. Yet I agree with the others. I think as long as UND decides to stay at the lower level of competition, it's NDSU's duty to try and make Bison fans out of some of the UND fans -- which I know there are already being we no longer compete against each other. I'm a big Gopher fan except on a few occasions -- now when they play the Bison or their hockey team as I'm a big SCS Huskie fan (only a Gopher hockey fan when they play the Sioux). ;D

tony
12-06-2005, 04:53 AM
I don't have the quotes, but I remember a whole lot of DII bashing... never cared for it myself.

True, the DII of today doesn't look anything like the DII of 1980. Heck, it doesn't look much like the DII of 1990 either. That doesn't mean they don't have some pretty darn good football teams.

Bisonfan1
12-14-2005, 04:55 PM
I really think Jamestown, ND is PRO BISON, here's an example: Following is the first paragraph of a letter I recieved from the American Legion Auxiliary in Jamestown about ND Girls State to be held June 4th - 9th in Grand Forks.

Dear Parents and Students,

The American Legion Auxilliary of Jamestown, N.Dak. is again looking for Delegates to attend our 60th Session of Flickertail Girls State which will be held June 4th to 9th 2006. All sessions are held on the campus of NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY, Grand Forks, North Dakota.

HA HA HA

sambini
12-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Must be our new branch.

bincitysioux
12-17-2005, 02:55 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Chapman were to push for the opening of a Grand Forks Campus. ::)

bincitysioux
12-17-2005, 03:03 AM
Back on topic, my hometown is 100 miles from GF and 120 miles from Fargo, and I'd say it is evenly divided between Sioux and Bison fans.

somebison
12-17-2005, 03:20 AM
Back on topic, my hometown is 100 miles from GF and 120 miles from Fargo, and I'd say it is evenly divided between Sioux and Bison fans.

1 NDSU fan and 1 UND fan ;D

http://dox.media2.org/barista/archives/Ghost-town-of-Waukringa.jpg