PDA

View Full Version : Who owns Newman Outdoor Field?

bincitysioux
12-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Is it NDSU or the city? Just wondering.

roadwarrior
12-23-2005, 05:06 PM
The city of Fargo built the stadium and the money used for construction is being paid back to the city from the Redhawks and suite rentals. Newman Outdoor paid I think $1,500,000 for the naming rights and that money was used to pay the city back also. Once all of the money is paid back to the city, the ownership of the stadium will be transferred to NDSU. From what I have heard, the amount being paid back is ahead of schedule from what was estimated when the stadium was built.

NDSU_grad
12-23-2005, 06:50 PM
I believe the university donated the land too? I don't know (maybe roadwarrior does) if the Bison collect revenues from their games or not.

Bisonguy
12-23-2005, 07:15 PM
I didn't realize that Newman would be gifted to NDSU.

I do know that parking revenue from Redhawks games goes to NDSU.

roadwarrior
12-23-2005, 08:23 PM
I dont think that NDSU currently receives any revenues from the stadium. Also I dont think it should be termed a gift to the school either. It was all part of an agreement written up prior to it being built.

Bisonguy
12-23-2005, 08:54 PM
I dont think that NDSU currently receives any revenues from the stadium. *Also I dont think it should be termed a gift to the school either. *It was all part of an agreement written up prior to it being built.

There was something in The Forum about NDSU receiving parking revenue from Redhawks games in an article about NDSU's athletic budget. I think it's split between NDSU and the Redhawks, and NDSU receives over $25k in profit from Redhawks parking.

sambini
12-25-2005, 05:15 AM
Email Gene he could tell ya.