PDA

View Full Version : Halftime Show

Schemer
09-01-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm trying to think of ways we could improve our halftime show.

Maybe we can show clips from World RPS Competition (http://www.worldrps.com). ...or start a competition of our own!!

Bisonguy
09-01-2004, 08:15 PM
If you're trying to think of ways to improve the halftime show, that's not it.

It's all about the Gold Star Marching Band. Maybe a little more upbeat music, and some drills that let the GSMB strut their stuff.

They are the Pride Of North Dakota, after all.

TbonZach
10-09-2004, 05:28 AM
It's all about the Gold Star Marching Band. Maybe a little more upbeat music, and some drills that let the GSMB strut their stuff.

They are the Pride Of North Dakota, after all.

Damn skippy! ;D

Da_Bizon
10-26-2005, 06:10 AM
NDSU seriously needs to rethink their use of the Gold Star Marching band and also the halftime shows. The band has a repetoire of very few songs: the themes of the branches of the armed forces, that motown crap montage and the school fight song, just to name the majority of them. When they are in the stands, they play the same little diddies over and over again. Most people I know groan at the thought of not having to go to the bathroom at halftime just because they are so sick of that motown dillio that doesn't even sound good - not to mention i only recognize one of the songs. We need some good quality halftime entertainment (i.e.: the F-M acro team, or maybe the band could do some sweet drumline shit or something) and some new songs, seriously.
I am proud to report, though, that someone other than that old dude finally sang the national anthem. That was getting quite old as well.

Big_BisonFan
10-26-2005, 04:33 PM
* NDSU seriously needs to rethink their use of the Gold Star Marching band and also the halftime shows. *The band has a repetoire of very few songs: the themes of the branches of the armed forces, that motown crap montage and the school fight song, just to name the majority of them. *When they are in the stands, they play the same little diddies over and over again. *Most people I know groan at the thought of not having to go to the bathroom at halftime just because they are so sick of that motown dillio that doesn't even sound good - not to mention i only recognize one of the songs. *We need some good quality halftime entertainment (i.e.: the F-M acro team, or maybe the band could do some sweet drumline shit or something) and some new songs, seriously. *
* *I am proud to report, though, that someone other than that old dude finally sang the national anthem. *That was getting quite old as well.

Frisbee Dogs

troianus
10-26-2005, 06:24 PM
* NDSU seriously needs to rethink their use of the Gold Star Marching band and also the halftime shows. *The band has a repetoire of very few songs: the themes of the branches of the armed forces, that motown crap montage and the school fight song, just to name the majority of them. *When they are in the stands, they play the same little diddies over and over again. *Most people I know groan at the thought of not having to go to the bathroom at halftime just because they are so sick of that motown dillio that doesn't even sound good - not to mention i only recognize one of the songs. *We need some good quality halftime entertainment (i.e.: the F-M acro team, or maybe the band could do some sweet drumline shit or something) and some new songs, seriously. *
* *I am proud to report, though, that someone other than that old dude finally sang the national anthem. *That was getting quite old as well.

Silly freshman

The "old dude" sang twice, a woman sang once, and the choir sang once. I've been to many bison games and the pregame show is a traditional thing that happens and has happened for many years. The armed forces is new this year, used to be Battle Hymn.

If you think the band is bad about playing the same song, trying listenin to SDSU who plays the same two songs the whole game. Also, last I checked Karn Evil 9, Vehicle, and Bohemian Rahpsody is not motown.

Here's a good idea, lets make the college game a high school game. ;) (it's a joke, laugh)

Rodentia
10-26-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm trying to think of ways we could improve our halftime show.

Maybe we can show clips from World RPS Competition (http://www.worldrps.com). *...or start a competition of our own!!

For a second, I thought you meant RHPS as in the Rocky Horror Picture Show

sambini
01-18-2006, 04:43 AM
That halftime show at the SDSU basketball game was unreal.. Great job Troy and staff. ++++++

BisonBacker
01-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Drago was the best I've seen all year ;D ;D ;D

sambini
01-18-2006, 07:01 PM
When will Drago perform again?

BisonBacker
01-18-2006, 07:29 PM
I think it may have been a one time deal. He was hilarious tho.

sambini
01-20-2006, 03:25 AM
Are the FM ACRO TEAM DOING ANY GAMES THIS YEAR?

roadwarrior
01-20-2006, 04:03 AM
The Acro Team will be at the women's game against SDSU.

sambini
02-11-2006, 05:09 AM
The FM ACRO TEAM BEST HALFTIME SHOW AROUND.++++