PDA

View Full Version : BSA nickname

tcbison
02-14-2006, 06:15 PM
It seems like a lot of courts in DI basketball have a nickname for their court. Like Gonzaga plays at the McCarthey Athletic Center but they call it The Kennel. Ofcourse, for Minnesota Williams Arena is commonly referred to as The Barn, etc.

With the talk of the BSA remodel does the BSA need a court name? Maybe it is a silly idea but could be fun to discuss. Any ideas? Maybe The Range? Or The Ranch?

insane_ponderer
02-14-2006, 07:31 PM
also...to expand on that idea, there is the thought of naming the student section.

Duke = Cameron Crazies
Pitt = The Oakland Zoo

So what could the NDSU Student Section be?

Mr_Meanor
02-14-2006, 07:59 PM
also...to expand on that idea, there is the thought of naming the student section. *

Duke = *Cameron Crazies
Pitt = The Oakland Zoo

So what could the NDSU Student Section be?
How about I go out on a limb and say the thundering herd ;)

Bison101
02-14-2006, 09:51 PM
The corral: Home of the best student fans in the nation...the thundering herd

imabison
02-14-2006, 11:23 PM
I have been thinking about this for weeks since they are remodeling the bill.

How about "The Canyon" or "The Badlands"?

basketballer
02-14-2006, 11:24 PM
The Buffalo Pie?

Mr._Bill
02-15-2006, 02:42 AM
BSA is so lame, the arena needs a new name. I don't know about the court, although "Badlands" isn't bad (wrong side of state however.)

The whole place needs a new name, dropping BSA. Again wrong side of state, but I like "Peace Garden Pavillion". We are the Peace Garden State the last time I checked. The court could then be named "The Garden".

I will stand back and take your criticism. Thank you!

Mr._Bill
02-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Oh, and B'Baller . . . I am torn between troll and idiot based on your last post.

sambini
02-15-2006, 03:11 AM
THE THUNDER ZONE.

Mr._Bill
02-15-2006, 03:21 AM
I think the name needs some class, not a big fan of thunder and lightning. I will repeat my previous post . . .

Arena: "Peace Garden Pavillion"

Court: "The Garden"

This name speaks to the Agricultural Heritage of our University, and the state's nickname of "Peace Garden State". It would also be counter to the "Fighting" univeristy to the North. We would be the "Peaceful" university. The name might be more suited to the new $60MM basketball arena, than the $16MM upgrade.

basketballer
02-15-2006, 03:25 AM
Oh, and B'Baller . . . I am torn between troll and idiot based on your last post.

Come on, its a joke, just relax.

Mr._Bill
02-15-2006, 04:29 AM
Come on, its a joke, just relax. *

My appologies, I will try to be more curtious. Just looking for something pro-Bison from your keyboard.

basketballer
02-15-2006, 06:09 AM
My appologies, I will try to be more curtious. Just looking for something pro-Bison from your keyboard.

I had pro bison comments after your men's basketball team beat southern illinios for sure, and I think after you beat wisconsin, although I might have been out of town for that, and not able to post.

Gamehunter
02-15-2006, 06:18 AM
I had pro bison comments after your men's basketball team beat southern illinios for sure, and I think after you beat wisconsin, although I might have been out of town for that, and not able to post.

actually the Bison lost to Southern Illinois last fall in football. However, the basketball team beat their bigger brother, Northern Illinois of the MAC.

TransAmBison
02-15-2006, 12:26 PM
THE THUNDER ZONE.
I like it.

bisonmike
02-15-2006, 09:52 PM
they can name it after me after I win the lottery tonight and donate some cash to the school. ;D

sambini
02-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Make sure you all by those tickets.+++

Herd_Mentality
02-17-2006, 09:35 AM
THE THUNDER ZONE.

I'd be more partial to "The Thunder Dome"....imagine 6000 people chanting after a win....

"Two Teams Enter...One Team Leaves"

mikelsch
02-17-2006, 04:31 PM
From the Forum today....

"Board of Higher Education members authorized construction of an $8 million expansion and renovation of NDSU’s Bison Sports Arena. Construction will begin once the funds are secured."

bisonmike
02-17-2006, 06:02 PM
From the Forum today....

"Board of Higher Education members authorized construction of an $8 million expansion and renovation of NDSU’s Bison Sports Arena. Construction will begin once the funds are secured."

Only $8 million? *I thought the project was supposed to be closer to $15 million?

mikelsch
02-17-2006, 06:50 PM
It will be more than $8 million, and will get approved for more pending construction plans and fundraising. Unless a big donation comes in, the BSA renovation/addition will occur in phases.

sambini
02-17-2006, 11:50 PM
A special thanks to ERV INNIGER who is raising the money for this project. +++++

Rodentia
02-18-2006, 03:20 AM
It's hard to force a nickname. If the students call it something, it might stick.

sambini
03-08-2006, 09:21 PM
THE PEN. THE HOUSE OF BUFFALO CHIPS.

buffalobill
03-08-2006, 09:27 PM
How about the "HERD HOUSE" Take a WAC at that!!!

sambini
03-08-2006, 09:34 PM
WAC'S OK++++++++++++

BisonMav
03-13-2006, 12:36 PM
House of Thunder
http://www.dola.state.co.us/oem/images/lightning.gif

Jeffdaryl3rd
03-13-2006, 06:49 PM
A special thanks to ERV INNIGER who is raising the money for this project. +++++
+++++

Tracker
03-13-2006, 07:05 PM
I've got a great suggestion. How about the Barnyard. I think it"s perfect. Barnyard sounds like a real home court advantage. If you use my suggestion , do I win a prize? If the prize is free tickets to games , stay away from the month of March. My schedule is usually quite busy in March. You know what I mean. Upon further review, it's not likely the tickets would be for events in March. Once again, you know what I mean.

broke_back_mnt
03-13-2006, 07:26 PM
I think that guy is bragging about hockey but Im not sure? He brags a lot. Maybe its some type of inadequacy or disfunction he has?

BSA is good for me. Its got a lot of name recognition. But hey, since we call the Fabulous Fargo Dome a dome we could call the BSA the BISON Dome?

Bison_Dan
03-13-2006, 07:26 PM
I've got a great suggestion. *How about the Barnyard. *I think it"s perfect. *Barnyard sounds like a real home court advantage. *If you use my suggestion , *do I win a prize? * *If the prize is free tickets to games , stay away from the month of March. *My *schedule is usually quite busy in March. *You know what *I mean. *Upon further review, it's not likely the tickets would be for events in March. * Once again, *you know what I mean.

Our future events in March will be with the big dance, not some small division that's goal is a race to the bottom.

BisonMav
03-13-2006, 07:45 PM
*If you use my suggestion , *do I win a prize? * *

Troll of the day award
http://www.trolls-online.com/storefront/images/candy/4784f.jpg

UND92
03-13-2006, 08:03 PM
The only dancing you will enjoy in march will be at the Northern. Maybe you and JBB can dance for each other over there. That would solve some of your boredom that you guys have in march. Hect, I might even drive down to Fargo to watch that show. Of course it would be tough to work around all the sporting events that is going on in G.F. that time of the year to make the trip.

sambini
03-13-2006, 08:10 PM
If you do come down bring some grinders.

Bison_Dan
03-13-2006, 08:43 PM
The only dancing you will enjoy in march will be at the Northern. *Maybe you and JBB can dance for each other over there. *That would solve some of your boredom that you guys have in march. *Hect, I might even drive down to Fargo to watch that show. *Of course it would be tough to work around all the sporting events that is going on in G.F. that time of the year to make the trip.

And when und moves to DI - where will you be looking? und better stay dii so und92 can follow a team no one outside of gf is following or cares to.

RedRiver
03-13-2006, 10:44 PM
The only dancing you will enjoy in march will be at the Northern. *Maybe you and JBB can dance for each other over there. *That would solve some of your boredom that you guys have in march. *Hect, I might even drive down to Fargo to watch that show. *Of course it would be tough to work around all the sporting events that is going on in G.F. that time of the year to make the trip.

Did everyone notice how guiet it became on this board from undII posters after the Bison beat the #13 Badgers in big-time DI basketball? Now it seem like after a few months of leave they are coming back!!

insane_ponderer
03-14-2006, 12:44 AM
all i have to say is that everyone should be badgers fans this coming friday...i do believe they play the sue...in that lesser known sport involving sticks and drunken canadians.

BisBison
03-14-2006, 01:09 AM
all i have to say is that everyone should be badgers fans this coming friday...i do believe they play the sue...in that lesser known sport involving sticks and drunken canadians.
At first I thought you meant a Badger fan for the big dance in bball. That way our win over them looks even better. ;D ;D

sambini
03-14-2006, 01:13 AM
Good luck to the BADGERS IN HOOPS AND hockey againest the Sue.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-14-2006, 01:57 AM
I've got a great suggestion. *How about the Barnyard. *I think it"s perfect. *Barnyard sounds like a real home court advantage. *If you use my suggestion , *do I win a prize? * *If the prize is free tickets to games , stay away from the month of March. *My *schedule is usually quite busy in March. *You know what *I mean. *Upon further review, it's not likely the tickets would be for events in March. * Once again, *you know what I mean.

Tracker you must have been involved in the naming of the * *"Alerabin"

The worlds first Potato Bin that can be used for

DIVISION 2 Football games

BisBison
03-14-2006, 02:37 AM
I think the new BSA nickname should be whatever the person donating big $$$ to the renovation fund want to name it.

sambini
03-14-2006, 04:15 AM
How about Buffalo Bills place to kick a little ass.

TransAmBison
03-15-2006, 12:26 PM
...in that lesser known sport involving sticks and drunken canadians.
Now there is a quote to remember ;D

BisonBacker
03-16-2006, 04:57 AM
I think the new BSA nickname should be whatever the person donating big $$$ to the renovation fund want to name it.
I agree as long as it's within reason and good taste.

sambini
03-16-2006, 05:02 AM
Like the House of HOOTERS.

Hammerhead
03-30-2006, 05:15 AM
Maybe Domino's could put up some money to call it the Pizza Box. It does look kind of like a big pizza box since the exterior is white and the building is square.

BisonMav
03-30-2006, 12:14 PM
The proposed Gophers on-campus stadium may be called the TCF Stadium. The Corporate sponsor route is the future. Microsoft Arena ;)

bisonmike
03-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Chub's Court at the BSA ;D

sambini
03-30-2006, 07:06 PM
BUFFALO BILLS BASKETBALL BASKETBALL EXTRAVAGANZA

Tatanka
04-23-2006, 11:36 PM
The proposed Gophers on-campus stadium may be called the TCF Stadium. *The Corporate sponsor route is the future. *
This is terrible, this idea.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/natsflop/samir.jpg
Please, no cheesy corporate naming. [smiley=angry.gif]

RodentiaX
04-24-2006, 05:23 PM
I don't like having a corporate name attached to arenas, but it is hard to get the funding without it. I will attend Gophers games at the TCF Stadium, but I bet that name will only be used in official correspondence. It's hard to force a nickname, if the students come up with one it will stick. If the name is somewhat distasteful, like a corporate name, I think that makes it easier to get a stadium.

roadwarrior
04-24-2006, 06:48 PM
When a new stadium is built and opens with a corporate name attached, it seems as though as time passes, using the corporate name is natural. Target Center and Newman Outdoor Field are two examples. When they slap a new name on an existing stadium, it's much harder for that name to stick.

RodentiaX
04-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Target Center is a pro arena, and I think people are more used to the idea of corporate names for pro arenas. Who is Newman Field named after? Is it named after a corporate sponsor? If so, I think most people wouldn't realize it. If it sounds like it is named after a person instead of a corporation, I think that people will more readily accept the name.

At Bemidji State, there were some people who called Chet Anderson Stadium the "Beaver Dome".

roadwarrior
04-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Newman Outdoor Field is named for Newman Outdoor advertising company. They have a billboard advertising business. A $1,500,000 gift to NDSU was the cost of that naming right.

NanoBison
04-25-2006, 06:05 AM
I have no problem with giving naming rights to the building as long as its a professional business like

Wells Fargo Center
Microsoft Arena
Lowes Arena

if it's a $3-$5 million dollar gift
but if we get to the point of

Kmart Center
Walmart Center
Home of Economy Center

we should probably just stick to

Bison Sports Arena

(no offense to any of the above businesses... some names wouldn't roll of the tongue like others)

Mr._Bill
04-25-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm thinking that NDSU should get a DI team. If you get hot for a week at the end of the season. . . boom . . . Frozen Four! ;) If you stay hot . . . boom . . . NC!

Mr._Bill
04-25-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm thinking that NDSU should get a DI team. *If you get hot for a week at the end of the season. . . boom . . . Frozen Four! * ;) *If you stay hot . . . boom . . . NC!

Hockey that is!

SDbison
04-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Best Corporate sponsor name: *Scheels Sports Arena or Scheels Center. *Since Scheels home office is in Fargo and they are a sporting good company that would be most logical. *Surprised they have never put a bid in for naming rights. *As for a nickname I can't think of any good ones right now. *How about " The Stampede Grounds", or "Stampede Court"?

tophatfan
04-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Best Corporate sponsor name: *Scheels Sports Arena or Scheels Center. *Since Scheels home office is in Fargo and they are a sporting good company that would be most logical. *Surprised they have never put a bid in for naming rights. *As for a nickname I can't think of any good ones right now. *How about " The Stampede Grounds", or "Stampede Court"?

My guess is that it would be the Scheels All Sports Arena if they bought the rights, might as well put thier whole store name in it.

bisonmike
04-28-2006, 07:59 PM
I think Scheel's, Microsoft, or maybe even State Bank would be great corporate sponsors for the BSA. But if somebody is willing to plunk down $5 million dollar to improve the BSA I'm ok if we call it Summer's Eve Bison Sports Arena or Tampax Court at the BSA.

NanoBison
04-29-2006, 07:20 AM
I don't like the name idea of Vagisil Court, no matter how much dough is involved.

bisonmike
04-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't like the name idea of Vagisil Court, no matter how much dough is involved.

Ok maybe you can put a price on corporate sponsorship.