PDA

View Full Version : Athletic Facilities Upgrades

mikelsch
06-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Planned upgrades for the Ellig softball and soccer complexes. *$4.5 million for softball, TBD for soccer.
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=129313&section=Sports

__________________________________________________ ________________

Other "wishful" projects for NDSU

1. *Indoor 120-yard-practice facility that has field-turf. *Many of our sports could use this. Put on the old Dakotah Field spot.

2. *New Basketball arena that seats 8000 people. *Would be great for NDSU, and local high school games/tourneys, concerts, trade shows, and even for high school hockey games/tourneys. *Put on land west of Fargodome.

3. *On-campus 18-hole golf course, complete with driving range, chipping/putting area, clubhouse, and indoor golf simulator --- would be great for students/faculty/staff/public use, in addition to the Bison golf and cross country teams. *Could build on all that land on west end of campus

4. *BSA modifications/additions - new offices, locker rooms, restrooms, concessions, chair-back seating, 4-sided-video scoreboard, sound system, athletic training area, auditorium, classrooms, weights/cardio area, banked 8 lane 200 meter track, 2 basketball practice courts, storage

5. *BBF modifications - new offices, locker rooms, chair-back seating, improved court markings

6. *Softball - New irrigation system, dugouts, locker rooms, and press box (from article). Chair back seating.

7. *Soccer - Locker rooms, press box

Any other ideas?

Bisonguy
06-08-2006, 08:08 PM
4. *BSA modifications/additions - NEW LIGHTING, new offices, locker rooms, restrooms, concessions, chair-back seating, 4-sided-video scoreboard, sound system, athletic training area, auditorium, classrooms, weights/cardio area, banked 8 lane 200 meter track, 2 basketball practice courts, storage

MplsBison
06-08-2006, 10:39 PM
New 45k open air football stadium.

Copy UCF's design = 50 million dollars to build.

sambini
06-09-2006, 03:20 AM
I LIKE THE LIST GREENIE+++++++++++++++

DORMIE
06-09-2006, 10:04 PM
With 8 18hole courses and a few executive cources in the area a golf course is the last thing we need. To build it and maintain it is out of the question. The land west of campus is used for research. It sucks anyway.Too flat. Our Bison teams seem to be welcome and at home at the Fargo Country Club. I've been
in golf for over 50 years. My handle speaks, "4 up with 4 to play."

MplsBison
06-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I like the idea of a campus 18 hole golf course.

My motto is that UND gets one, NDSU should get one.

It could be nice if they let students play for free.

NanoBison
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
I don't know if I like the idea of an F-16, being taken down by someone chipping a golf-ball 150 feet in the air... (gets sucked into the air intake...) Keep in mind the main landing strip for all Commercial and Military aircraft and it's adjoining airspace, runs right through the west side of campus. That's why they aren't expanding the Research Park farther west....

Flintstone
06-10-2006, 03:03 PM
I don't know if I like the idea of an F-16, being taken down by someone chipping a golf-ball 150 feet in the air... (gets sucked into the air intake...) Keep in mind the main landing strip for all Commercial and Military aircraft and it's adjoining airspace, runs right through the west side of campus. That's why they aren't expanding the Research Park farther west....

You're joking, right? *That would be one hell of a national news story but would never happen. *Those planes are 400 - 500' high when they come over that area. *The planes may look low when they come over, but there is no way in hell you would ever hit one with a golf ball. ;)

sambini
06-10-2006, 03:36 PM
I could the way I play golf. If there is only one tree or water hazzard I will find it+++++++++++++++

MplsBison
06-10-2006, 04:31 PM
First of all, it wouldn't go where the research ag plots are.

That won't happen.

That, of course, leads me to wonder just where could it go?

Maybe NDSU could buy El Zagal from the city, expand it to 18 holes, and build a locker room/indoor driving and putting range there?

Bisonguy
06-10-2006, 05:08 PM
First of all, it wouldn't go where the research ag plots are.

That won't happen.

That, of course, leads me to wonder just where could it go?

Maybe NDSU could buy El Zagal from the city, expand it to 18 holes, and build a locker room/indoor driving and putting range there?

Some major land acqusition would have to occur for that scenario. The land that El Zagel sits on is only about 1/4 to 1/5 the size of a full-size 18, such as Edgewood.

MplsBison
06-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Edgewood isn't really that far away from NDSU.

About the same as Les Bolstad from the Mpls. campus at the U of M.

NDSU should buy Edgewood from the city, build a locker room, indoor driving range, and let NDSU students and staff golf there for free.

sambini
06-10-2006, 06:12 PM
IT WON,T HAPPEN BUT I LIKE THE IDEA.

MplsBison
06-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Why won't it happen?

Anyone have a rough idea how much the city would sell for?

Tatanka
06-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Eleventy gazillion dollars should do the trick. ::)

roadwarrior
06-11-2006, 02:59 AM
Edgewood is owned by the Fargo Park District. It is not a part of the City of Fargo government.

semobison
06-11-2006, 11:22 AM
I could an on campus driving range for the golf team to practice. But buy Edgewood, not gonna happen!

MplsBison
06-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Edgewood is owned by the Fargo Park District. It is not a part of the City of Fargo government.

Wow, I really messed that one up bad!

MplsBison
06-11-2006, 02:51 PM
I could an on campus driving range for the golf team to practice.

Ok, that's fair.

But buy Edgewood, not gonna happen!

So no one is even going to bother to think of a legitimate reason why it wouldn't happen?

Does the Park District make any money on Edgewood?

broke_back_mnt
06-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Eleventy gazillion dollars should do the trick. * ::)

Do you think they would set up payments with a reasonable down?

roadwarrior
06-11-2006, 05:29 PM
I think that the Park District makes a lot of money at Edgewood. At least when its not underwater half of the season.

02Bison
06-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Edgewood isn't really that far away from NDSU.

About the same as Les Bolstad from the Mpls. campus at the U of M.

NDSU should buy Edgewood from the city, build a locker room, indoor driving range, and let NDSU students and staff golf there for free.

Where's NDSU going to get the money for all these radical ideas? Money doesn't grow on trees.

MplsBison
06-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Radical?!

What?!

Yes, a university buying a golf course for the golf team. That's radical?!

I forgot we're talking about North Dakota.

What? An electric furnace to heat my home?! Nonsense! I have a wood stove that's never failed me! Don't fix it if it's not broke!

MplsBison
06-11-2006, 08:05 PM
I think that the Park District makes a lot of money at Edgewood. At least when its not underwater half of the season.

I'm invisioning some sort of structure...very long, fairly tall, not very wide...along the banks of the river....I think they have a name for it...hold on.... Ah yes! A wall.

02Bison
06-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Don't fix it if it's not broke!

Exactly...the local courses have been fitting the bill for the Bison since the golf program started. No need to throw financial resources toward something like that unless you get donors who explicitly wish to fund creation of a NDSU golf course. Instead of spending tons of money on a golf course (they aren't cheap!), how about working on raising faculty and staff salaries to a point that they are competitive with and comparble to peer institutions? After all, isn't the number one goal of a College Campus to provide the best academic environment possible for its students and staff? I believe it is. This goal is made easier to achieve with financial backing to attact and retain the best minds of Academia.

MplsBison
06-11-2006, 10:57 PM
A NDSU Golf course is at the bottom of a long list.

This is an assumption we've made since the beginning of the thread.

So don't come in here with some BS about raising staff salaries. Obviously that's more important than a golf course.

Just don't pretend that having NDSU play on the public 9 hole is "good enough" for DI. That's barely DIII thinking. NAIA maybe.

If UND can have an 18 hole Ray Richards, then NDSU damn well deserves to have an Edgewood.

roadwarrior
06-11-2006, 11:36 PM
The University of Minnesota does NOT have its own 18 hole golf course. It simply has an agreement to use a private course. The UND golf course is probably a rarity in college sports. I know nothing of its history, but maybe it was land donated to the college at some point? I doubt that it was purchased or developed by UND simply for the reason to have a place for the golf team to play.

roadwarrior
06-11-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm invisioning some sort of structure...very long, fairly tall, not very wide...along the banks of the river....I think they have a name for it...hold on.... Ah yes! A wall.

Top corp of engineers priority: a flood wall for a golf course. ::)

MinotBison
06-12-2006, 02:02 AM
I used to live in GF some years back, and Ray Richards was only 9 holes. When did it become 18?

imabison
06-12-2006, 02:19 AM
I used to live in GF some years back, and Ray Richards was only 9 holes. When did it become 18?

It still is a 9 hole course according to the school up norths website.

MinotBison
06-12-2006, 03:11 AM
I used to live in GF some years back, and Ray Richards *was only 9 holes. *When did it become 18?

It still is a 9 hole course according to the school up norths website.

I thought so. During the golf season, we would regularly go out and shoot a quick nine after work at Ray Ricks.

02Bison
06-12-2006, 05:57 AM
A NDSU

So don't come in here with some BS about raising staff salaries. Obviously that's more important than a golf course.

Just don't pretend that having NDSU play on the public 9 hole is "good enough" for DI. That's barely DIII thinking. NAIA maybe.

Last I checked, staff salaries was a big issue confronting NDSU so I don't think I would categorize that as BS mplsbison. It is an issue if NDSU loses professors to other institutions offering higher salaries and better benefits.

When has NDSU been playing on a public 9 hole golf course? Looking at their schedule from last year it appears as though the only "home meet" of their year was the 3-day Erv Kaiser invitational which was held at Oxbow Country Club the fist day, Villiage Green the next day, and then the Fargo Country Club on the last day. All three courses are 18 hole golf courses within a reasonable distance from NDSU.

What is this 9 hole public golf course you are referring to MplsBison? I'd like to know. Did you bother to research before stating that?

MplsBison
06-12-2006, 10:31 AM
The University of Minnesota does NOT have its own 18 hole golf course. It simply has an agreement to use a private course. The UND golf course is probably a rarity in college sports. I know nothing of its history, but maybe it was land donated to the college at some point? I doubt that it was purchased or developed by UND simply for the reason to have a place for the golf team to play.

http://www.minnesotagolf.org/golf/uofm1.htm

Just like you were right about tuition reciprocity, right?

Every major DI school has their own on campus or near campus course. Even Illinois State has one.

MplsBison
06-12-2006, 10:31 AM

It's not 18 yet.

Expanding it to 18 is one of UND facilty upgrade "wants".

MplsBison
06-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Last I checked, staff salaries was a big issue confronting NDSU so I don't think I would categorize that as BS mplsbison. It is an issue if NDSU loses professors to other institutions offering higher salaries and better benefits.

Raising salaries is not BS.

It's BS that you'd try to present it as a counter argument when we've been assuming all this time that a golf course was low priority.

All three courses are 18 hole golf courses within a reasonable distance from NDSU.

Bull.

None of them are a reasonable distance from NDSU. Only Edgewood is.

NDSU_grad
06-12-2006, 12:51 PM
What would really suck is if we had to play football in a city-owned facility. ;)

02Bison
06-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Last I checked, staff salaries was a big issue confronting NDSU so I don't think I would categorize that as BS mplsbison. It is an issue if NDSU loses professors to other institutions offering higher salaries and better benefits. *

It's BS that you'd try to present it as a counter argument when we've been assuming all this time that a golf course was low priority.

All three courses are 18 hole golf courses within a reasonable distance from NDSU.

Bull.

None of them are a reasonable distance from NDSU. Only Edgewood is. *

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) I think having a civil debate with you is a lost cause...much like it was with 1234...Are you 1234 reincarnated? ;D Within 10-45 minutes time from the campus is pretty reasonable for a golf course IMHO!

02Bison
06-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Last I checked, staff salaries was a big issue confronting NDSU so I don't think I would categorize that as BS mplsbison. It is an issue if NDSU loses professors to other institutions offering higher salaries and better benefits. *

Bull.

What is the 9-hole course you were referring to? I'm still waiting for an answer on that one? Its okay to admit you just spewed that one without researching it first, Mpls!

imabison
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM

Bull.

What is the 9-hole course you were referring to? I'm still waiting for an answer on that one? Its okay to admit you just spewed that one without researching it first, Mpls! *

He responded above, it is at that School in the city up north, who cares..

roadwarrior
06-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Sorry that I was wrong about the U of M golf course. *It was NOT listed on their website under facilities and when I checked under the sport of golf, it mentioned the private golf course arrangement.

From gophersports:

In July of 2002, the University of Minnesota golf programs and the Tournament Players Club of the Twin Cities announced plans for the TPC of the Twin Cities to become the new home for Golden Gopher golf. The Gophers will have special access to the Club including practice and play privileges during the fall and spring seasons. The teams will have access to the back end of the practice area and special short-game area for privacy.
In addition, the Senior PGA Tour’s 3M Championship, held annually at the TPC of the Twin Cities, has pledged $150,000 to support the Gopher golf team and is working on a scholarship endowment for future years.

“The University of Minnesota golf team displayed incredible resilience and determination during a very difficult time,” PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem said.

“We are pleased to be able to offer our support to Coach Katie Hanneman and her team through the use of our Tournament Players Club and the financial commitment of the 3M Championship.

“This is yet another illustration of how the PGA Tour and the Senior PGA Tour support the communities in which they play,” Finchem added. “We also believe strongly in the importance of collegiate golf programs and the powerful impact they have on developing future Tour members and leaders within the golf industry.”

The use of the TPC of the Twin Cities will be particularly important to the continued success of the team, Hanneman said.

“This is the greatest thing that can happen for our recruiting efforts at the University of Minnesota, to have a world-class practice facility like the TPC of the Twin Cities,” said Hanneman. “This is a great opportunity for the University of Minnesota and the TPC of the Twin Cities to form a long-lasting relationship, and I look forward to working with the TPC in the future.”

“The members and staff at the TPC of the Twin Cities are very excited about adding the University of Minnesota Gopher golf teams to our facility,” said Ken Lane, General Manager and Director of Golf at the TPC of the Twin Cities. “Local residents and companies have another proud reason to enjoy membership at the TPC.”

The Tournament Players Club of the Twin Cities is a private golf club that opened in June 2000 as Minnesota’s first and only PGA Tour golf facility. The championship golf course, designed by Arnold Palmer along with PGA Tour player consultant and former Golden Gopher All-American Tom Lehman, is located approximately 20 minutes north of the University of Minnesota’s downtown campus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tournament Players Club of the Twin Cities
11444 Tournament Players Parkway
Blaine, MN 55449

MplsBison
06-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Within 10-45 minutes time from the campus is pretty reasonable for a golf course IMHO!

That's a great way to think...if you're in DII!

Like I said, a golf course is at the bottom of a long list.

But it's there. Edgewood would be a perfect buy for NDSU when the time is right.

NebraskaBISON
06-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Considering all these gold courses are within 10 minutes of NDSU, that is very reasonable. All this talk that D1 schools all own their own courses is also garbage. You seem to throw around opinion as if it were fact. Plus, it makes a lot of sense to buy a golf course in the first place? What do maybe 20 kids try out, 10 or so make the roster. Then they end up playing for maybe 3-4 months if that? Good investment. P.S. weren't you the guy who wanted to get rid of baseball and get NDSU a tennis squad? So priority #1, tennis courts, #2 buy a golf course. Just checking

02Bison
06-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Considering all these gold courses are within 10 minutes of NDSU, that is very reasonable. * *All this talk that D1 schools *all own their own courses is also garbage. *You seem to throw around opinion as if it were fact. *Plus, it makes a lot of sense to buy a golf course in the first place? What do maybe 20 kids try out, 10 or so make the roster. *Then they end up playing for maybe 3-4 months if that? *Good investment. *P.S. weren't you the guy who wanted to get rid of baseball and get NDSU a tennis squad? *So priority #1, tennis courts, #2 buy a golf course. *Just checking

+++++++

kchats
06-13-2006, 01:06 AM
He is also the leader of the UND to division I fan club. He is more interested in making it happen than most UND alumni or fans. 8-)

MplsBison
06-13-2006, 10:33 AM
P.S. weren't you the guy who wanted to get rid of baseball and get NDSU a tennis squad?

Nope.

I've never said that I wanted to get a tennis team for NDSU.

bisonaudit
06-13-2006, 12:57 PM
RE: travel times to University Gold Courses.

It's isn't 20 minutes from the main U of M campus to the TPC... unless you're playing midnight golf, you better allow 40 minutes or more.

The U of M owned course is on the St. Paul Campus. It's 20 minutes from the main campus.

Everything in Fargo is so convienent you lose all sense of perspective. Holly, is an easier drive from the NDSU campus than the TPC is from the U of M.

IowaBisonToo
06-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Buy Edgewood????? Are you nuts??? :-? Don't even take into consideration the cost and upkeep. Compare Edgewood to the Fargo CC! Hey, I like Edgewood and it has its nuances but, if you're going to play collegiate golf, wouldn't you want to play on a course that is a little tougher? Imagine playing on Edgewood and then having to go to The TPC of the Twin Cities to play the U of M. It would be akin to having your home field for FB at Fargo North and then going to play at Ohio St. And then that wouldn't even compare well because it's still 100 yds long - just holds more people. If you play golf on a regular basis, you will understand. It pays to have a very nice home course. Look at it this way, the U of M just finished tied for something like 4th place at the NCAAs and I believe were just out of 1st before the final round.

In terms of travel time, bisonaudit nailed it right on the head. So what if you have to drive an extra 10 MINUTES to get to the FCC vs Edgewood. Good grief! The way you talk, you'd think these guys had to walk or take horse and buggy to play. :D Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's low on the priority list. Hell, it shouldn't even be on the list at all.

NebraskaBISON
06-13-2006, 04:45 PM
P.S. weren't you the guy who wanted to get rid of baseball and get NDSU a tennis squad?

Nope.

I must've been dreaming then when I saw all those posts a few months ago.

MplsBison
06-13-2006, 09:51 PM

Nope.

I must've been dreaming then when I saw all those posts a few months ago.

You were dreaming.

I did say someting about NDSU being forced to add a tennis team if they joined the Big Sky.

But I don't want NDSU to add tennis. I don't watch tennis.

MplsBison
06-13-2006, 10:01 PM
RE: travel times to University Gold Courses.

It's isn't 20 minutes from the main U of M campus to the TPC... unless you're playing midnight golf, you better allow 40 minutes or more.

The U of M owned course is on the St. Paul Campus. It's 20 minutes from the main campus.

Everything in Fargo is so convienent you lose all sense of perspective. Holly, is an easier drive from the NDSU campus than the TPC is from the U of M.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1718/untitled6qt1.jpg

Les Bolstad is the course the U uses.

MplsBison
06-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Buy Edgewood????? Are you nuts??? :-? Don't even take into consideration the cost and upkeep. Compare Edgewood to the Fargo CC! Hey, I like Edgewood and it has its nuances but, if you're going to play collegiate golf, wouldn't you want to play on a course that is a little tougher? Imagine playing on Edgewood and then having to go to The TPC of the Twin Cities to play the U of M. It would be akin to having your home field for FB at Fargo North and then going to play at Ohio St. And then that wouldn't even compare well because it's still 100 yds long - just holds more people. If you play golf on a regular basis, you will understand. It pays to have a very nice home course. Look at it this way, the U of M just finished tied for something like 4th place at the NCAAs and I believe were just out of 1st before the final round.

In terms of travel time, bisonaudit nailed it right on the head. So what if you have to drive an extra 10 MINUTES to get to the FCC vs Edgewood. Good grief! The way you talk, you'd think these guys had to walk or take horse and buggy to play. :D Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's low on the priority list. Hell, it shouldn't even be on the list at all.

Then building a new course near campus is the only option.

Still low on the list.

sambini
06-13-2006, 10:31 PM
VERY LOW

MplsBison
06-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes, very low.

But it should be on the list.

Even if it takes 10-15 years.

NebraskaBISON
06-13-2006, 10:43 PM
I don't see why 10-20 (mens and womens included) athletes need their own course. There's at least 5 great courses within 10 minutes of campus. Lots of variety and I bet it's not that difficult to schedule time for them around town. Maybe, maybe, and I repeat maybe if a school was located in a part of the country where they played year round would it be a good deal. Otherwise, what a waste of money. By the way, you're taking a beating on just about every thread on the site.

imabison
06-13-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't see why 10-20 (mens and womens included) athletes need their own course. There's at least 5 great courses within 10 minutes of campus. Lots of variety and I bet it's not that difficult to schedule time for them around town. Maybe, maybe, and I repeat maybe if a school was located in a part of the country where they played year round would it be a good deal. Otherwise, what a waste of money. By the way, you're taking a beating on just about every thread on the site.

I think it should be considered a benefit to the community if NDSU plays golf at a rotating schedule at the courses, including Moorhead. I am not sure if all the public courses, and country clubs would agree to allow it, but its a thought.

MplsBison
06-14-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't see why 10-20 (mens and womens included) athletes need their own course.

Of course you wouldn't.

You still think in terms of DII.

IowaBisonToo
06-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I don't see why 10-20 (mens and womens included) athletes need their own course. *

Of course you wouldn't.

You still think in terms of DII.

It's not a matter of thinking in terms of DII, it's a matter of thinking in terms of economics. *I realize this is way down on the list and can maybe be accomplished IF the city of Fargo were to grow in population to that 200-250K mark. *Then, yes, it would probably make sense. *But then the following questions need to be asked.

- If you build one, is it necessarily going to be closer to campus than Fargo CC? *Especially with the airport there. *Who wants to be playing a relaxing or competitive round of golf and have F-16s buzzing you while you're trying to line up a putt?
- Who foots the $5-10M bill (if you want one nicer than Fargo CC) for the course (basically, who owns it; Fargo or NDSU)?
- Who foots the $500K - $1M bill for yearly upkeep?
- How do you explain to the rest of the city that they're going to have to dish out more money to keep the muni's going because of the new NDSU course (again, keeping population in mind, this may not be critical)?
- Why spend the money as long as somebody else is willing to give you course time on the nicest course in the state (although by that time, there may be others that surpass it)?

I guess I'd really like to see some numbers on how many of the major golf schools have their own course and how many play on private/muni courses.

In the end, sure, I'd love to see NDSU have their own course but only as long as it would benefit the school some how, the population of the city warranted another course, and most importantly, it was nicer than any other course in the area (hard to make that happen when you have people dishing out thousands of dollars a year at a private course).

NebraskaBISON
06-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm thinking in terms of not making stupid decisions and not wanting to flush money down the toilet when there are numerous better ways to spend it.

MplsBison
06-14-2006, 10:00 PM
In the end, sure, I'd love to see NDSU have their own course but only as long as it would benefit the school some how, the population of the city warranted another course, and most importantly, it was nicer than any other course in the area (hard to make that happen when you have people dishing out thousands of dollars a year at a private course).

I think your standards are unreasonable.

Yes, like I said, this is low on the list.

But as long as it benefits the athletic program and the school, that's good enough for me.

And yes, I'd like to see some numbers from other courses too (esp. if Ray Richards goes to 18).

MplsBison
06-14-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm thinking in terms of not making stupid decisions and not wanting to flush money down the toilet when there are numerous better ways to spend it.

There are numerous better ways to spend it.

That's why it's very low on the list.

But it's on the list.

02Bison
06-14-2006, 11:15 PM

There are numerous better ways to spend it.

That's why it's very low on the list.

But it's on the list.

Who's list? A list created by you? *If this is on a list created by NDSU Administrator(s), please show proof. *

BTW, is this your personal site http://maddox.xmission.com/ or did you just steal the image in your last post from it? *Looking through the site, it sure looks like something someone the likes of yourself would create. *If it is indeed your site, I urge you to seek help with all your issues! * *

roadwarrior
06-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Well here is what we know: NDSU has recently retained an architect for the BSA expansion/remodel project. (The state legislature has already approved this project.) The new football locker rooms and meeting rooms in the lower level of the Fargodome will be completed this summer. NDSU recently asked the State Board of Higher Education to approve a future project to make improvements for the softball complex on campus.

Other than that it's all anyone's guess what else might come along after those projects are done.

kchats
06-15-2006, 03:18 AM
They mentioned the soccer complex too didn't they road? What about Bentson Buckner Fieldhouse what has been done to it recently. I know they added scoreboards but what about improved locker rooms, seating and lighting.

roadwarrior
06-15-2006, 03:39 AM
After the new seating is put into the BSA, dont be surprised if that will then be the home of NDSU volleyball. Just my guess.

kchats
06-15-2006, 03:42 AM
Makes sense. I don't remember if they had volleyball lockers in the BSA but that would help with recruiting immediately too.

If that happens what do you do with BBFH? Use it for practice when necessary or tear it down and put a new building in its place?

MplsBison
06-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Who's list? A list created by you? If this is on a list created by NDSU Administrator(s), please show proof.

BTW, is this your personal site http://maddox.xmission.com/ or did you just steal the image in your last post from it? Looking through the site, it sure looks like something someone the likes of yourself would create. If it is indeed your site, I urge you to seek help with all your issues!

No, that's not my site. The guy who wrote that lives in Utah (not surprised he hates the world).

And yes, it's my list.

MplsBison
06-15-2006, 10:21 AM
I would like to see the BBFH remodeled and made the permanent home of NDSU volleyball.

A lot of DI schools use the "old" gym as home for their vb teams.

mikelsch
06-15-2006, 03:41 PM
VB is not planning to move to the BSA anytime soon. With the right enhancements, the BBF will be a good VB facility. Teams prefer to play where they practice, and right now the VB team doesn't have to share the BBF (unlike the crowded BSA).

The list on page 1 of this thread is a wish list. Some of it is happening already (i.e. BSA), but most of it is just an idea (golf course, etc).

MplsBison
06-15-2006, 10:19 PM
What would be the official wish list?

Would it look something like this?

Baseball: indoor batting/pitching facility

Basketball: new indoor arena, new basketball practice facility

X Country/Golf: new 18 hole course near campus, indoor facility for golf

Fargodome: maybe new turf?

Soccer: remodel stadium

Softball: remodel stadium

Volleyball: remodel BBFH

sambini
06-16-2006, 06:29 AM
The turf in the dome would be up to the DOME AUTHORITY. NEW INDOOR TRACK AND FOOTBALL PRACTICE FACILITY.

buffalobill
06-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Makes sense. *I don't remember if they had volleyball lockers in the BSA but that would help with recruiting immediately too.

If that happens what do you do with BBFH? *Use it for practice when necessary or tear it down and put a new building in its place? *
That would be a slap in the face to the memory of Chuck Bentson and an embarrassment to Art Bunker who is still alive and I hope well!!!!!!!!!

sambini
06-30-2006, 02:19 AM
++++++++++++++++++++++

NanoBison
07-07-2006, 02:57 AM
Did somebody tick off MplsBison??? Where did he go? I may not have always agreed with him, but still found his comments interesting...
:-?

NanoBison
07-07-2006, 03:00 AM
Makes sense. I don't remember if they had volleyball lockers in the BSA but that would help with recruiting immediately too.

If that happens what do you do with BBFH? Use it for practice when necessary or tear it down and put a new building in its place?
That would be a slap in the face to the memory of Chuck Bentson and an embarrassment to Art Bunker who is still alive and I hope well!!!!!!!!!

I wish they would have kept the Ivy growing on the Eastern side of the building. That looked really nice during the Spring summer and the Fall. It gave the building a certain Ivy League look to it. I understand it was actually damaging the facade of the building, but couldn't they build a metal curtain to hold it?

BisBison
07-07-2006, 05:00 AM
Makes sense. *I don't remember if they had volleyball lockers in the BSA but that would help with recruiting immediately too.

If that happens what do you do with BBFH? *Use it for practice when necessary or tear it down and put a new building in its place? *

I wish they would have kept the Ivy growing on the Eastern side of the building. That looked really nice during the Spring summer and the Fall. It gave the building a certain Ivy League look to it. I understand it was actually damaging the facade of the building, but couldn't they build a metal curtain to hold it?

How could ivy hurt brick??? I liked it too.

bisonaudit
07-07-2006, 01:15 PM
The Ivy actually grows root like appendages which bore into cracks in the mortor and/or brick damaging the building, but if the Ivy were appropriately trellaced and maintained the desired effect could be achieved w/ out harming the facade.