PDA

View Full Version : Hot dogs

RodentiaX
03-30-2006, 10:54 PM
A ball game isn't the same without a hot dog. What stadiums have you been to that had the best hot dogs?

*The 1/4 hotdog at the Fargodome was quite good.

*I remember the hotdogs at Metropolitan Stadium being good.

*The hot dogs at the Metrodome are mediocre. The "Dome Dog" is large, but bland.

*The hot dogs at Williams Arena were pretty skimpy. I had to look to make sure I didn't have just a bun in my hand!

There is something special about getting a good ballgame hot dog, loading it up with all the condiments you can fit, and then piling more sauerkraut and onions. Messy, disgusting, but good. It's what the game is all about.

BraxtonT
03-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Fenway Franks sucked, but Dodger Dogs were great. Miller Park bratwursts were pretty darn good, too.

That's my 2 cents.

BisonMav
03-31-2006, 12:30 AM
Nathans at Yankee Stadium

Montreal Dogs at the old Met Arena at North Stars Games. Butter toasted buns.

Winnipeg Arena has something similar to Montreal Dogs.

Bisonguy
03-31-2006, 02:09 AM
Hot dogs at the Fabulous Fargodome by Cloverdale Meats.

Cloverdale Meats TM- A Proud Sponsor of Bison Athletics.

Cincinnati owns all when it comes to chili cheese dogs.

sambini
03-31-2006, 05:06 AM
Bisonguy you are right on with CLOVERDALE THE PRIDE OF MANDAN,NORTH DAKOTA.+++++++++++++++++++++=

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-31-2006, 05:16 AM
Sambini and Wacker chowed on Wrigley dogs....... ;D :D

sambini
03-31-2006, 05:21 AM
THEY WERE GOOD

RodentiaX
04-05-2006, 07:18 PM
My wife is a vegetarian, but with a Chicago style hot dog, she can get it with no meat and still have a meal. :) I don't get to Chicago often, but when I go I have to have a Chicago Style hotdog.

sambini
08-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Sambini and Wacker chowed on Wrigley dogs....... ;D :D
WE MIGHT HAVE TO GO BACK TO wrigley NEXT YEAR++++++++++

broke_back_mnt
08-01-2006, 01:29 AM
SDSU has a great dog and the Old Dacotah Field had Valley Made dogs. They were great. Cloverdale is good too.

bisonranch
08-01-2006, 02:25 AM
Fargodome and Seattle's Safeco field, home of the Mariners. Cloverdale dogs of course.

IowaBisonToo
08-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Had a bachelor party at the Metrodome a couple years back for a friend - I might add it wasn't the only place we stopped if you get my drift 8-) - and I had a dome dog. *It might have been a dome dog going down but was a damn dog coming back up! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

NDSUguy
08-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Fenway Franks sucked, but Dodger Dogs were great. Miller Park bratwursts were pretty darn good, too.

That's my 2 cents.

Braxton! What are you talking about. I have been to 23 different major league baseball stadiums (i'm don't know much about football stadium dogs) and at each place have had a dog or two. The two best that i've had are:

1. Dodger Dog
2. Fenway Frank

Maybe you didn't like the frank because of what they put on it... It you're not in to onions/peppers than I can see people not liking it. For those of us who like a dog with character the Fenway Frank is right up there.

The best place that i've been to (for stadium food) was in San Fran. AT&T park has the most unique/best ballpark food!!!! Gilroy Garlic Fries, Boudin Sourdough bread, fajitas and Caribbean BBQ... You won't find a better variety anywhere!!! :D

Tatanka
08-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah, but you can get toasted canneloni at the new Busch Stadium in St Louis...

BraxtonT
08-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Fenway Franks sucked, but Dodger Dogs were great. *Miller Park bratwursts were pretty darn good, too.

That's my 2 cents.

Braxton! *What are you talking about. *I have been to 23 different major league baseball stadiums (i'm don't know much about football stadium dogs) and at each place have had a dog or two. *The two best that i've had are:

1. *Dodger Dog
2. *Fenway Frank

Maybe you didn't like the frank because of what they put on it... *It you're not in to onions/peppers than I can see people not liking it. *For those of us who like a dog with character the Fenway Frank is right up there.

The best place that i've been to (for stadium food) was in San Fran. *AT&T park has the most unique/best ballpark food!!!! *Gilroy Garlic Fries, Boudin Sourdough bread, fajitas and Caribbean BBQ... *You won't find a better variety anywhere!!! *:D

Ha, I'm sitting at 28!! Damn rain out at Milwaukee in '97 cost me another one. Two each for the Rangers, Pirates, & Twins have helped.

I'll get another one from the Yankees, Padres, Cardinals, Phillies, Twins, and Tigers in the coming years.

Fenway Frank? I'm a Yankee fan, so I'm supposed to hate it! ;D Actually, I just remember it being a long skinny hot dog with a big bun. Maybe I should've put on the condiments you suggested.

By the way, PM me the list of the parks you haven't gone to. I'm curious.

Scooter
08-02-2006, 02:32 AM
The Brats at Miller Park where the Brewers play are excellent. Maybe it was the Beer....