PDA

View Full Version : NDSU's Momentum Campaign

kchats
05-20-2006, 04:27 PM
I was checking the progress of the Momentum Campaign the other day and I noticed that they have a graph showing where they are in raising the money. I am happy to report the graph is full for the $8 million for the BSA Renovation. Does anyone know where the additional funding, an additional $8 million to bring the total project to $16 million, stands?

Here is a link showing the graphs.

http://www.ndsufoundation.com/campaign/goals/charts.htm

WYOBISONMAN
05-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the link......it is interesting information!

IowaBisonToo
05-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Looks like the Equine Center is in rough shape. I wonder why :-? Probably becuase there are only a small, small handful of people that care about what goes on there??? Do they still have horse racing out there?

RedRiver
05-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Looks like the Equine Center is in rough shape. *I wonder why :-? *Probably becuase there are only a small, small handful of people that care about what goes on there??? *Do they still have horse racing out there? *

Yes they do. There have been several improvements completed and some more planned for this year.

sambini
06-11-2006, 03:30 PM
+++++++++++

Wilhelm_Klink_1972
07-23-2006, 04:36 AM
Looks like the Equine Center is in rough shape. *I wonder why :-? *Probably becuase there are only a small, small handful of people that care about what goes on there??? *Do they still have horse racing out there? *

Yes they do. *There have been several improvements completed and some more planned for this year. *
The Equine center is one of the diamonds in the rough for The Whole State and Region!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bisonaudit
07-24-2006, 12:59 PM
The equine center is a boondogle of epic proportions. A disaster of backroom politics foisted on an unwitting public by special interests. The population base is not anywhere near large enough to make racing work. It's barely large enough in Minneapolis. Horse racing is a wilting sport. Even in historical hotbeds like Maryland it is struggling. The mastermind behind the equine center is the next Karl Rove.

tony
07-24-2006, 01:40 PM
I don't think the Equine Center is the same deal as the North Dakota Horse Park. The Equine Center was built with NDSU money. The North Dakota Horse Park was built with ND Racing Commission funds (along with help from NDSU and Fargo).

North Dakota Horse Park = race track.
Equine Center = home of NDSU's equine studies program and equestrian team (supposing NDSU ever starts a team, that is).

roadwarrior
07-24-2006, 06:38 PM
I am pretty certain that there is already a club equestrian team at NDSU.

Bisonguy
07-24-2006, 08:47 PM
I am pretty certain that there is already a club equestrian team at NDSU.

Yes, there's already a club equestrian team- http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extnews/newsrelease/2006/021606/13ndsueq.htm

02Bison
07-25-2006, 12:00 AM
The equine center is a boondogle of epic proportions. *A disaster of backroom politics foisted on an unwitting public by special interests. *The population base is not anywhere near large enough to make racing work. *It's barely large enough in Minneapolis. *Horse racing is a wilting sport. *Even in historical hotbeds like Maryland it is struggling. *The mastermind behind the equine center is the next Karl Rove.

Wow...you sure sound like you are an IRS tax compliance auditor the way you talk. Like the rest of the guys have said, the equine center is totally different than the horse park. With that said, I'll let you get back to your restricted fund audit of NDSU. ::)

BisBison
07-25-2006, 01:11 AM
The equine center is a boondogle of epic proportions. *A disaster of backroom politics foisted on an unwitting public by special interests. *The population base is not anywhere near large enough to make racing work. *It's barely large enough in Minneapolis. *Horse racing is a wilting sport. *Even in historical hotbeds like Maryland it is struggling. *The mastermind behind the equine center is the next Karl Rove.

Wow...you sure sound like you are an IRS tax compliance auditor the way you talk. *Like the rest of the guys have said, the equine center is totally different than the horse park. *With that said, I'll let you get back to your restricted fund audit of NDSU. * ::)

I'd say this is a clear case of not looking before you jump. Maybe you should stop jumping to conclusions and check the facts b-4 trashing something audit.

bisonaudit
07-25-2006, 01:51 PM
My understanding is that the facility is shared and that NDSU is committed to contribute $3.0 million to a project that from a racing perspective is doomed.

The university may get an equine program, some extra barns, and an exercise track out of the deal but that doesn't make it a good decision.

tony
07-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Oops, I stand corrected as NDSU does have an equestrian team (that's what I get for being flippant). Any idea on when that will get varsity status? Man, that would close that Title IX gap in a hurry.

mikelsch
08-10-2006, 08:24 PM
During the Mid-Con luncheon yesterday it was announced that NDSU has surpassed the $75 million goal. Currently at $82 million and hoping to reach $100 million to fund more student scholarships, teaching endowments, research equipment, the general fund, and campus building upgrades.

tcbison
08-10-2006, 09:09 PM
During the Mid-Con luncheon yesterday it was announced that NDSU has surpassed the $75 million goal. *Currently at $82 million and hoping to reach $100 million to fund more student scholarships, teaching endowments, research equipment, the general fund, and campus building upgrades.

Sweet! Thanks for the update. This is the type of info that I love to hear and why I come to Bisonville.

kchats
08-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Kudos to Irv Inniger and all others responsible for fundraising. Did they give a breakdown on any of the items contained within the Momentum Campaign? How close to $16 million are they with the BSA renovation?

pmp6nl
08-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Kudos to Irv Inniger and all others responsible for fundraising. Did they give a breakdown on any of the items contained within the Momentum Campaign? How close to $16 million are they with the BSA renovation?

The breakdowns can be seen at: http://www.ndsufoundation.com/campaign/goals/charts.htm , but I dont think they are up to date.

I would assume that they have reached the 16 million if they have exceeded their goal.

NanoBison
08-11-2006, 06:22 AM
I would also question that chart. I remember hearing saying before the date indicated on the chart, that they had met the $75 million dollar goal and were now just pushing forward to see how much they can raise by the end of the year.

:)

BisBison
08-11-2006, 12:27 PM
I would also question that chart. I remember hearing saying before the date indicated on the chart, that they had met the $75 million dollar goal and were now just pushing forward to see how much they can raise by the end of the year.

:)

The chart is up to date as of May 15, 2006. Don't know how much has been raised since then. Only $8MM for the BSA is included in the momentum campaign. The rest will have to come after the campaign wraps up.