PDA

View Full Version : BISON BATTLE TANK FOR 2008

Bisonfan1
08-13-2006, 01:47 AM
Plans are under way, Ive got help for building this contraption. It will either be similiar to a WWII Sherman or a Patton Battle Tank. Ive fiquired out the plans for making the main body around a full size car. What is not decided is if I make it street legal, or button it up to protect myself against hostle teams ;D and trailer to game. What I could use some assistance with is the design of the turret. How can I mount so it turns 360 degrees (some kind of ball bearing system?) Also, since NDSU and FargoDome security would probably not appreciate the tank shooting projectiles, I would at least like the barrel to shoot smoke, so could also use assistance in designing a moveable up and down barrel with a fan system to push smoke out the barrel. There are a couple other minor issues but those are the 2 main ones I am hoping someone has an easy solution for. I am also looking for a good running full size car, body can be shot because will be recovered with tank body. Impala 4-dr, Lesabre, Bonneville, LTD, Roadmaster etc. Have I lost my mind ? probably, miss the BattleWagon so have to come up with something new and outragious. GO BISON !

sambini
08-14-2006, 02:16 AM
GOOD LUCK+++++++++

Bisonguy
08-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Hopefully there's a ME on here that can help with the turret/barrel.

As far as the "smoke", I would suggest a pro-sound fog machine, like any of these- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=fog

BisonBryce
08-18-2006, 04:03 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!
++++++

I can't wait to see it!!

mebison
08-18-2006, 01:30 PM
I think you should make the turrent a potato gun...The dome security won't mind, really! *:D

I just sketched out a turrent base...gotta see if I can figure out how to post the picture on here....

I can't get to image-hosting sites from this computer and the link to email you isn't working for me either, anyone want to volunteer an email address and post the pic for me? Thanks.

87Bisonfan
08-21-2006, 07:13 PM
BF1, I don't know if this will help you or not but I have a family friend who has an older Cadillac painted with the NDSU colors and logos. He used it when his son played football at NDSU. I guess it has just been sitting in his shed now for the last couple of years. I visited with him last week and he said he may be interested in selling it since it does not get used now. Last time I saw the car it was in pretty good condition. Send me a message if you or anyone is interested and I can give you his contact info.

Bisonfan1
08-23-2006, 02:34 PM
I remember the car, and wondered whatever happened to it, yes it needs to get used again, the custom vehicles at the game really add to the atmosphere. It is way too nice for my use, it would be a shame to cover it up with new metal. I just need something that is good mechanicaly but could look like a piece of junk on the outside, because will be totally recovered anyway. I would get all the details and advertise on a new thread here to get that vehicle back to the dome this year. I still cant believe that van in Jamestown here hasnt sold for 700.00, would make an excellant tailgating vehicle, espicially with the inside already done.

pmp6nl
08-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Sweet idea, maybe a fundraiser would help with money...