PDA

View Full Version : Gopher game...

Mr_Meanor
08-29-2006, 02:10 AM
I really didn't know where to put this thread but I was just wondering where everyone was staying when they were in Minneapolis for the gopher game in Oct. I am going down with a group of 15 and are thinking about trying to find a place near Block E. Just thought I would ask since it would be neat to have alot of Bison fans staying in the same hotel to party with after the upset. LOL I can dream can't I.

lakesbison
08-29-2006, 05:20 AM
HOLIDAYINN METRODOME * *www.metrodome.com

its on 7 corners... its a blast over there... about 6 blocks to metrodome by foot..

all kinds of bars, 7 of them.. ha ha... *Gopher Central. and we can make it BISON CENTRAL at that Grandma's????

$121.95 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED LEISURE NONSMOKING

$121.95 USD
Average Nightly Rate 1 KING BED LEISURE SMOKING

$121.95 USD
Average Nightly Rate 2 DOUBLE BEDS NONSMOKING

$121.95 USD
Average Nightly Rate 2 DOUBLE BEDS SMOKING

rocko
08-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Normandy Inn four blocks away 94.00/night. I hope it's OK to list what I paid.

WYOBISONMAN
08-29-2006, 01:55 PM
The Normandy is a Best Western I believe, and I have stayed there many times and been very happy.

Green-N-Gold
08-29-2006, 03:54 PM
I really didn't know where to put this thread but I was just wondering where everyone was staying when they were in Minneapolis for the gopher game in Oct. *I am going down with a group of 15 and are thinking about trying to find a place near Block E. *Just thought I would ask since it would be neat to have alot of Bison fans staying in the same hotel to party with after the upset. LOL *I can dream can't I. *

Watch out for perverted Vikings in Block E. ;D :o

TheBisonator
08-29-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm staying at my parent's house. :D

bisonaudit
08-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Embassy Suites is centrally located. Walking distance to Metrodome or Warehouse District/Block E.

The Manager's Reception (happy hour) and Breakfast are great as well.

bisonmike
08-29-2006, 09:07 PM
not positive where exactly yet but I'm fairly sure we will be staying by the mall of america and jumping on the tram to the dome.

sway1331
08-30-2006, 03:25 AM
The NDSU Alumni page said they had a block of rooms set aside for NDSU fans at the Marriott City Center in downtown and another hotel out by the MOA (not sure which one since I can't find it on the alumni page anymore). I have stayed at the Marriott several times and would recommend it. It is also 1 block from Block E.

I would also say the Marquette hotel downtown is nice and sometimes has good specials.

Both of the two above mentioned places are about 8 blocks from the metrodome and 4 blocks from the tailgating area behind the target center.

As bisonaudit said Embassy Suites is a nice place plus you get the benefit of a third bed if you are coming with a few people and want to share a room. I can also say the "happy hour" is a great deal. Free drinks with a room card for two hours every night. This hotel does have a pool and is located pretty close to half way between the metrodome and tailgating area behind the Target Center.

If you have kids and are coming to town and want to stay downtown I would check out www.thedepotminneapolis.com. This property has 3 hotels and a small waterpark as well as an indoor ice skating rink (not sure if that will be set up in October). This property is probably 8 blocks to the dome and 10 blocks to the target center tailgate area.

The weekend of the game also happens to be the weekend of Minnesota's "teachers convention" which is being held in St. Paul. This means kids will be out of school on Thursday and Friday of that week and because of that many families use it as a fall vacation weekend. So hotel rooms tend to fill up at some of the more popular hotels.

bisonaudit
08-30-2006, 02:29 PM
If you're not staying someplace where you can walk back to your hotel, taking the lightrail up from a MOA area hotel is an excellent idea. There's a stop right across the plaza from the HHH and the last stop down in the warehouse district is a reasonable walk from the tailgate area. The wait/crowds for a train after the game will likely be less of a nightmare than navigating parking and the post game traffic snarl trying to get out of the city.

NDSUguy
08-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Personally I have have great luck with the Holiday Inn Express downtown. It's only about 5 blocks from the dome and the rates are cheep!

BisonBacker
08-30-2006, 04:22 PM
If you're not staying someplace where you can walk back to your hotel, taking the lightrail up from a MOA area hotel is an excellent idea. *There's a stop right across the plaza from the HHH and the last stop down in the warehouse district is a reasonable walk from the tailgate area. The wait/crowds for a train after the game will likely be less of a nightmare than navigating parking and the post game traffic snarl trying to get out of the city.

Boy you said a mouthful there. *I was just at a Twins game against Chicago a little over a week ago and the traffic in the downtown parking lots was a nightmare. * :-/

bisonaudit
08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
That series was the largest three day draw for the Twins since 1992 so it's probably a ligitimate comparison to U of M football traffic. If you have any choice, walk or take the light rail.