PDA

View Full Version : BATTLEWAGON STOLEN (AND THE WONDER POLE AND FLAG)

BisonBryce
09-01-2006, 03:22 PM
I'd like those who have tailgating rigs to read this especially.

Up to now I've had a great experience tailgating at NDSU. The security staff for tailgating continues to do an excellent job at the events. The people tailgating have been fun to tailgate with and my pleasure to get to know some of you.

Last night, during the CSP game, the Battlewagon was stolen. Additionally my wonder pole and green NDSU flag was also lifted (approx $190 value). All that was left was my flagpole stand. Which makes me possibly conclude that someone else, other than the criminals who stole the battlewagon, probably lifted the flagpole/flag. I had left my emergency door on the battlewagon open, which is my fault for forgetting to lock. Inside, I recently had some spare keys made.

Of course when they did steal it, I don't see why anyone would question them. I happened to not tailgate yesterday around people I really knew well, so why would anyone suspect?

As soon as I heard the news I left the dome in the 4th quarter I proceeded to the West Lot. I asked security for assistance and they did a great job helping with my needs. They were able to contact the rest of Fargo/NDSU PD and within minutes found the Battlewagon! I mean, of course, is someone that stupid (or drunk) to steal something so recognizeable?

It was parked at the Bison Turf.

The criminals left all the doors open and left my spare set of keys that they found inside on the floor. I saw no recognizeable damage except for the loss of beer from a cooler(oh well). I met four NDSU police officers there and again they were great to work with. I filed a report and did some rather small investigation inside the bar.

In the future, all of my flags will have to come down before the game starts. I can't trust anyone out there anymore.

Not many people have wonder pole flags (not sure who else other than TransAmBison and Bisonfan1 have them). Please keep an eye out for mine.

Thanks
Bryce

BisonBacker
09-01-2006, 03:50 PM
That really is a shame that we have that crap going on here. One of the benefits or at least it supposed to be is that we don't have things like this happen in Fargo, but the sad truth obviously is that we do. I guess as the city grows and more people attend games some bad things are going to eventually happen but its sad to see it. I remember the problems some had in Montana and while reading their board thinking its good stuff like that isn't happening here in Fargo but we are not immune to stupid people which is obviously the case here. I hope in the end someone will do the right thing and return your flag and pole Bison Bryce.

tony
09-01-2006, 03:50 PM
You have got to be kidding me :(

lakesbison
09-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Every tailgate I go to... Vikings, gophers, packers, bears, chiefs etc.

i see stuff get stolen... it just happens.. thousands of drunk people. and "KIDS- 18-21"

Im sorry you lost your flag.... but lets not get carried away.

SORRY!!

insane_ponderer
09-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Till and I had the window flags on the Green Monster until they got broken and ripped off down at SDSU a few years back. Although it sucked it was a bit more understandable; rivalry game, being visitors, etc.

What is sad is that it was most probably local students that did it.

mebison
09-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Just curious, any chance it was someone you knew playing a practical joke on you? Maybe realized after the fact that they had gone overboard when they saw cops involved?

BisonBryce
09-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Every tailgate I go to... Vikings, gophers, packers, bears, chiefs etc.

i see stuff get stolen... it just happens.. thousands of drunk people. and "KIDS- 18-21"

Im sorry you lost your flag.... but lets not get carried away.

SORRY!!

Yeah and I learned a good lesson. I got lax because of the good times and not expecting local ndsu people to be pulling this.

However stealing a vehicle is a felony.

TransAmBison
09-01-2006, 05:22 PM
I was the first on the scene...the flag pole stand was all that was left...if it had been a joke they would have taken everything, the flag pole and flag would still be in there, the doors would not have been left open at the Turf, etc. Very sad state of affairs...the FPD were very helpful...

BisonBryce
09-01-2006, 05:31 PM
New news. I got a tip that the vehicle was stolen before halftime. Heck they might have stolen it right after my group left the battlewagon site. The cops didn't get involved until I went to the west lot towards the end of the 4th quarter.

If anyone has anything to add please do so, it might help (or may not).

It wasn't a practical joke with anyone that I know, but I guess one can't rule something like that out 100%.

lakesbison
09-01-2006, 05:56 PM
i wasnt tryin to be sarcastic..

Im just saying.. it was my first tailgate and i was EXTREMELY impressed with the turnout, the partying, the students out there partying, and the decorations... that I would hate to make a mountain outta a molehill... bottom line is you got ur truck back and thats the MOST IMPORTANT PART!! agreed???

but yea.. that sucks... but hey, NDSU is gonna have 15,000 students in about 3 years and unfortunatly sh...t is gonna happen.

Peace man! I couldnt believe I was at a NDSU event so big as last night, cant wait til 16th!

TransAmBison
09-01-2006, 06:28 PM
i wasnt tryin to be sarcastic..

Im just saying.. it was my first tailgate and i was EXTREMELY impressed with the turnout, the partying, the students out there partying, and the decorations... *that I would hate to make a mountain outta a molehill... bottom line is you got ur truck back and thats the MOST IMPORTANT PART!! *agreed???

but yea.. that sucks... but hey, NDSU is gonna have 15,000 students in about 3 years and unfortunatly sh...t is gonna happen.

Peace man! I couldnt believe I was at a NDSU event so big as last night, cant wait til 16th!
Don't make a mountain out of a molehill???? It's called a felony...I think that's a pretty big deal.

Bisonguy
09-01-2006, 07:09 PM
That sucks, but at least you got the Battlewagon back.

It's pretty pathetic that some people only go to tailgate, and don't even make it to the game. This is the same crap that happened at Montana State last year, by the same sort of people (not AT the game, just there to tailgate).

AFAIK- I was the first person to have a Wonderpole in the West Lots.

Bisonfan1
09-01-2006, 07:22 PM
It is a mountain as far as I am concerned, after we got hit in Montana, (with the same BattleWagon I might add) we stopped leaving anything out, not secured, taken down, or locked up. Any kind of theft/vandalism etc with a dollar amount over $500.00 is a felony. Practical joke or not, and I doubt that to be the case here, could be prosecuted by Bison Bryce and I hope if the culprits are caught, they are prosecuted to the fullest extent. It used to be fun to come out of a night game and see the blinking lights going on top of the flagpole etc. Its stupid crap like this that will ruin it for everyone that may just want to hang out in the west lot for a little longer (yes inside during the game is where to be) but some may not choose to stay inside the entire time and get out for some fresh air, and hang out in the west lot which is the way it should be. At least enough decency could have been extended to not steal the flag and pole which is very expensive. At any rate, thanx BisonBryce for bringing the BattleWagon to all the games, it really adds to the atmosphere, as does all the other speciality units that come each week. I hope this kind of thing does'nt discorage others from building and bringing BattleWagon type vehicles, we need more, it is cool, and reflects well on NDSU. So Bryce, you want to bring that back over to the original place where it all started, you are more than welcome.

Bisonfan1
09-01-2006, 07:35 PM

It's pretty pathetic that some people only go to tailgate, and don't even make it to the game. This is the same crap that happened at Montana State last year, by the same sort of people (not AT the game, just there to tailgate).

Yea , see what you started "BisonWonderPoleGuy" and "BisonMiniHollandGrillGuy" (I have one also now) forgot to mention that to you) what new neat stuff will you have this year that we can copy? ;D

WYOBISONMAN
09-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Holy Cow.......The Battlewagon has endured much.......from the flag stealing and burning in Bozeman, MT to Grand Theft Auto in Fargo! Keep us posted as the investigation unfolds!

Bisonguy
09-01-2006, 08:08 PM

Yea , see what you started "BisonWonderPoleGuy" and "BisonMiniHollandGrillGuy" (I have one also now) forgot to mention that to you) what new neat stuff will you have this year that we can copy? ;D

LOL- It was your full-sized Holland that inspired me to get the mini.

This obviously was a bad event, but maybe everyone can learn something from this - namely, to bring everything inside, and that it might not hurt to have an alarm or starter disable on some of the tailgate rigs. Pretty pathetic that those things might be necessary, but better safe than sorry, IMO.

IowaBison
09-01-2006, 08:18 PM
I think it is also a lesson to further build the tailgating community by visiting with those around you-ie have your neighbors look out for you.

BisonBryce
09-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I think it is also a lesson to further build the tailgating community by visiting with those around you-ie have your neighbors look out for you.

I agree completely with both of you.

gobison
09-02-2006, 01:33 AM
When we took the Battlewagon to Montana, we didn't even imagine that anyone would vandalize or screw with it; probably because the tailgating atmosphere at the Dome was so great and we got a little naive taking it into "hostile territory." We had never had problems at the Dome or ever heard of any of that crap going on there. It's too bad there's punks like that running around - I hope these guys are caught so we can keep our Class Image in the Tailgate areas. Hopefully the True Bison Fans will keep an eye out to keep this crap from happening, and hopefully it doesn't deter those that want to build and bring their own Bison Vehicles to the games. What a shame to have to take down the Bison Colors at our own Field. NDSU Tailgating is a great event - Let's keep it clean and fun.

4mcruenomore
09-02-2006, 02:17 AM
As a "sober cab", being as we drove in from Bismarck right before kick off, and headed back to Bis. right after the game, I have a few observations.
Lots of drunkards, I like to drink a 12 pack just as much as the next guy, but I don't appreciate some guys taking a leak by our car after the game and drunk a** people all over. These are the people that ruin it for everybody. A fellow bison fan took it as far as calling my wife and I d***heads as he thought we butted in line to get in to the FFD, as he wobbled all over the place.
Anyways, end of my rant, we still had a great time, sorry to hear for all the misfortune!!

kchats
09-02-2006, 04:21 AM
Sounds like the Bison Battlewagon is a trouble magnet. The fact that it looks so good attracts attention and brings people to it. Sorry to hear the fans don't know enough to leave other fans stuff alone.

02Bison
09-02-2006, 03:42 PM
As a "sober cab", being as we drove in from Bismarck right before kick off, and headed back to Bis. right after the game, I have a few observations.
Lots of drunkards, I like to drink a 12 pack just as much as the next guy, but I don't appreciate some guys taking a leak by our car after the game and drunk a** people all over. *These are the people that ruin it for everybody. *A fellow bison fan took it as far as calling my wife and I d***heads as he thought we butted in line to get in to the FFD, as he wobbled all over the place.
Anyways, end of my rant, we still had a great time, sorry to hear for all the misfortune!!

Until a negative stigma gets attached to public drunkeness around here, I think this will continue to be an issue (though isolated as always) for years to come. Nothing wrong with a couple beers, but getting intoxicated...that's too much.

TheDoctor
09-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Lakes Bison- I think you have to be the most insenstative guy in the world. Apparently you didn't take the advice given on another thread to "think before you type". This is a mountain and it will soon start looking like Colorado in ND if people like you continue to down play such actions. >:(