PDA

View Full Version : Another little birdie (BSA Remodel)

IowaBison
02-09-2006, 02:32 PM
I don't know how these little birdies find me in the middle of the winter, but I have learned that

NDSU has almost all the money they need to begin the BSA renovation (if you have some extra dollarinies please consider a donation) and will be looking for an architect in the next couple of months to begin designing the new facility.

The current (tentative) plan includes

1) expanding to the south

and bumbabum (trumpet sounds please)

2) digging down for the basketball court

tony
02-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Wow! Lowering the floor would be outstanding!

Bison_Dan
02-09-2006, 03:13 PM
If we replace the seating with nice seats it can be a great venue. ;D

IowaBison
02-09-2006, 03:14 PM
That is also part of the plan.

Paulie
02-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Digging down seems like a huge undertaking. I'd almost think the money would be better spent on a new purpose built basketball/volleyball venue. One with no movable bleachers and running track etc.

IowaBison
02-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Digging down seems like a huge undertaking. *I'd almost think the money would be better spent on a new purpose built basketball/volleyball venue. *One with no movable bleachers and running track etc. *

That would make sense if a new venue costwise would be in the same ballpark as a remodel IF the remodel wasn't necessary.

It seems to me that the Bison will be hitting two birds with one stone on this one.

1) Remodel the BSA including athletic offices and training space.

2) Provide a better venue for basketball and other sports.

If done right the remodel should give the Bison a fantastic place to call home.

tcbison
02-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the update! Any idea when they could get it done by?

IowaBison
02-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the update! Any idea when they could get it done by?

Fall '07, if they did the ground breaking this spring.

Bison_Dan
02-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Will the seats on the east side still be moveable and will they have backs? Will it be setup as a bowl, with seats all the way around?

IowaBison
02-09-2006, 04:30 PM
I don't know....

Flintstone
02-09-2006, 04:47 PM
No way they will break ground this spring if an architect hasn't even been selected yet. This fall might be possible but that is still pushing it.

NDSUstudent
02-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Fall '07, if they did the ground breaking this spring.

So are the Bison going to be playing in the Dome when the BSA is being fixed up?

Paulie
02-10-2006, 12:05 AM
So are the Bison going to be playing in the Dome when the BSA is being fixed up?

Or the volleyball gym.

I still say hold off and put the money towards a new building. Digging down has to be very expensive. Can anyone name an example where this has been done before in an indoor facility?

roadwarrior
02-10-2006, 12:23 AM
I am pretty sure that during construction, if necessary, games would be played at the dome.

silkamilkamonico
02-10-2006, 12:40 AM
I just hope these young guys will get a chance to play in the remodeled BSA.

I'm sure they are a primary factor on bringing more donations in and speeding up the process of raising enough money to do the remodeling.

It would be a shame if they didn't even get to play the BSA after it's remodeled.

sambini
02-10-2006, 01:10 AM
This sounds good.++++

bisongold
02-10-2006, 01:22 AM
By their senior year , they will be in the BSA and they will be selling out almost every home game. They will be remembered as the team that brought NDSU into respectability in Div. 1 BB. The student section will catch onto the fact that these games are the the best game in town and they will be the ones that make NDSU basketball crowds start to resemble the Dukies or the Jayhawks. It is a learning curve for them also, but they will get it done!!!

Mr_Meanor
02-10-2006, 03:48 AM
By their senior year , they will be in the BSA and they will be selling out almost every home game. They will be remembered as the team that brought NDSU into respectability in Div. 1 BB. *The student section will catch onto the fact that these games are the the best game in town and they will be the ones that make NDSU basketball crowds start to resemble the Dukies or the Jayhawks. *It is a learning curve for them also, but they will get it done!!!
Did you just mention NDSU in the same sentence as Duke and Kansas? Wow...I hope you really don't expect NDSU crowds to resemble those of Duke and Kansas because that is just never going to happen

TheBisonator
02-10-2006, 04:20 AM
Question: What will the finished capacity be??

kchats
02-10-2006, 04:22 AM
Isn't is a little over 7000?

RedRiver
02-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Did you just mention NDSU in the same sentence as Duke and Kansas? *Wow...I hope you really don't expect NDSU crowds to resemble those of Duke and Kansas because that is just never going to happen

Yes, isn't it great that you can talk about NDSU in the same sentence as the big-time schools, its called DI. By the way, why are most of your posts so negative?

Paulie
02-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know of an example where an indoor arena was expanded by digging down? I know it is done in outdoor stadiums all the time but indoors I have never heard of this being done. Seems extremely cost prohibitive.

Seems like you would get more bang for your buck building new.

TheBisonator
02-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know of an example where an indoor arena was expanded by digging down? *I know it is done in outdoor stadiums all the time but indoors I have never heard of this being done. *Seems extremely cost prohibitive.

Seems like you would get more bang for your buck building new.

Yes, there was an instance of this happening. Back in the late-90's, The Arena in Oakland (which before was known as Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum) was completely rebuilt and expanded its capacity (from roughly 16,000 to 19,000) by demolishing the interior arena, keeping the exterior skeleton in place, and digging in some distance and creating a brand-new state-of-the-art arena bowl grandstand. If you look at pictures of the before and after work of just the exterior, you couldn't tell that they're completely different arenas on the inside. I'll try to post some pictures of it if I can.

MplsBison
02-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I have no info on remodels, but every modern arena and stadium (indoor or out) has the playing surface below ground level. I believe this to be true, anyway.

NDSUstudent
02-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I have no info on remodels, but every modern arena and stadium (indoor or out) has the playing surface below ground level. I believe this to be true, anyway.

Ever been to the tin shed up North(AKA the Alerus)?

B-Ball_Roadgamer
02-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Mr. Meanor; I agree with you.
Red River; Those schools are the Big Fish.
NDSU isn't and never will be.
I love the place but it's not gonna happen
for a multitude of reasons.
That's reality.
PS: Yes! to seatback chairs in the BSA. :D

MinotBison
02-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Yes, there was an instance of this happening. Back in the late-90's, The Arena in Oakland (which before was known as Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum) was completely rebuilt and expanded its capacity (from roughly 16,000 to 19,000) by demolishing the interior arena, keeping the exterior skeleton in place, and digging in some distance and creating a brand-new state-of-the-art arena bowl grandstand. If you look at pictures of the before and after work of just the exterior, you couldn't tell that they're completely different arenas on the inside. I'll try to post some pictures of it if I can.

It was expanded in 1997 at a cost of $121. It now seats 19,200 for BB, 20,000 for concerts and has 72 luxury suites. I don't know how many luxury suites the BSA will have when remodeled (just kidding ;D).

The U of Oklahoma BB arena (Lloyd Noble Center) was built into the ground and is a very nice facility.

MplsBison
02-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Ever been to the tin shed up North(AKA the Alerus)?

http://www.fightingsioux.com/info/facilities/images/alerus_interior.jpg

I believe the section entrances are at ground level in most stadiums. Could be wrong here. But if that's true then the Alerus is also below ground.

Bisonguy
02-11-2006, 01:55 AM
http://www.fightingsioux.com/info/facilities/images/alerus_interior.jpg

I believe the section entrances are at ground level in most stadiums. Could be wrong here. But if that's true then the Alerus is also below ground.

You have to climb stairs or ride the elevator to get to concourse level in the Alerus.

Mr_Meanor
02-11-2006, 03:17 AM
Yes, isn't it great that you can talk about NDSU in the same sentence as the big-time schools, its called DI. *By the way, why are most of your posts so negative?
I am not being negitive...I am just realistic. Don't get me wrong I love the bison and am a huge fan but some people on this board get carried away. To even consider the bison games in the same ilk as Duke and Kansas is just absurb. We are not even selling out the BSA while down at Duke and Kansas they are sleeping in tents to get tickets.

kchats
02-11-2006, 03:55 AM
I am not being negitive...I am just realistic. *Don't get me wrong I love the bison and am a huge fan but some people on this board get carried away. *To even consider the bison games in the same ilk as Duke and Kansas is just absurb. * We are not even selling out the BSA while down at Duke and Kansas they are sleeping in tents to get tickets. *

But we are in the same league as them. NDSU is a division I basketball program just like Kansas, Duke, Connecticut, Florida, USC, Minnesota, etc. There is nothing stopping NDSU from building their program to compete against these schools since we have the same scholarship allotment and academic requirements. There is no difference except that they have been division I longer and have experienced success.

Mr_Meanor
02-11-2006, 04:28 AM
But we are in the same league as them. *NDSU is a division I basketball program just like Kansas, Duke, Connecticut, Florida, USC, Minnesota, etc. *There is nothing stopping NDSU from building their program to compete against these schools since we have the same scholarship allotment and academic requirements. *There is no difference except that they have been division I longer and have experienced success.

First off...there is a huge difference between mid majors and major conferences. *Don't get me wrong I am glad NDSU has made the jump to D I and I am excited to watch this program grow. *However, I am realistic about what this team is capable of and I don't set the sites to high. *Comparing NDSU to Kansas and Duke is just unrealistic. *We are not even filling the BSA and people are on here talking about how in a few years the crowds will be just like Duke and Kansas and that will just never happen. * NDSU is what it is...its not Duke...its not Kansas and it will never be anything like those schools. *I hope someday that BSA will be soldout for every game and *have a unique atmosphere that makes it tough road teams. * We need to find a niche that makes the BSA unique and I think we will be successful doing that but we will never be like the Dukes and Kansas's in the world.

DIBISON
02-11-2006, 05:41 AM
I am not being negitive...I am just realistic. *Don't get me wrong I love the bison and am a huge fan but some people on this board get carried away. *To even consider the bison games in the same ilk as Duke and Kansas is just absurb. * We are not even selling out the BSA while down at Duke and Kansas they are sleeping in tents to get tickets. *

Whatever, even you are talking about the Bison in the same sentence as Duke and Kansas. If the Bison were not DI, you couldn't even talk about it. Yes, everything is highly unlikely, but just like the Wisconsin game, it is not impossible. Oh ya, don't forget that the Bison are only in the early stages of the DI transitional period. And how would have thought that there would have been all of this success to-date and national exposure for the Bison. Nothing is impossible!!

Mr._Bill
02-11-2006, 06:06 AM
Man, some of you really have low expectations or maybe you are just troll'in, but this team plays extremely well together and there is great potential. I believe that next year depends somewhat on the 3 redshirts and how well they contribute, but I expect to win in Williams arena next year. If we can go deeper at 8-9 players and get stronger inside, the Bison will be tough.

If you want to have low expectations, go right ahead, but I believe that is realistic. I can't wait to see next year's schedule, because this team will turn heads and win against major opponents.

basketballer
02-11-2006, 06:57 AM
But we are in the same league as them. NDSU is a division I basketball program just like Kansas, Duke, Connecticut, Florida, USC, Minnesota, etc. There is nothing stopping NDSU from building their program to compete against these schools since we have the same scholarship allotment and academic requirements. There is no difference except that they have been division I longer and have experienced success.

Are you drunk? You may have forgotten about the small difference in the budget of betwen 15-60 million dollars there. That makes it a bit more difficult to compete with them.

Right now, to use a D-II comparison, NDSU is like Crookston, if they got lucky and beat augie at basketball. Does that mean that they are on there way to being NCC level? NO. It means they had a good game, and a .500 season, but you have to remember that the NCC schools have way, way more resources then Crookston does, even for basketball. Coaches salaries, facilities, conference, tradition, attendance, notoriety, all of these go to the NCC schools, which will allow them to beat crooskton 49 times out of 50.

NDSU is in the same situation. I understand everyone here feels invincible after the wisconsin game, but come on. Think of how many advantages Minnesota has against you. Any of your players they wanted, they could have had in an instant. Monson probably makes 10 times what miles does. You're not going to be dominating Minnesota next year like you seem to think. They have you beat at every position on the court. Don't tell me that woodside was better, he was only in foul trouble. Why was he in foul trouble? Maybe because he was getting burned on D, and had to foul?

You guys managed to lose to Utah Valley state, but you're still talking about being in the Big 10. You need to get some realism injected in you. You're only what, 2 games above .500 against D-I's, and those D-I's were one of the weakest schedules you could make, but now you're ready for the Big 10? I think some of you are getting cabin fever up there.

basketballer
02-11-2006, 07:03 AM
Man, some of you really have low expectations or maybe you are just troll'in, but this team plays extremely well together and there is great potential. I believe that next year depends somewhat on the 3 redshirts and how well they contribute, but I expect to win in Williams arena next year. If we can go deeper at 8-9 players and get stronger inside, the Bison will be tough.

If you want to have low expectations, go right ahead, but I believe that is realistic. I can't wait to see next year's schedule, because this team will turn heads and win against major opponents.

Majors like K-State? That game went real well didn't it. Everybody just seems to gloss over that one though, the one game where a team was actually playing to its potential. Just go to Wisconsin, and pretend that you overpowered them with your talent and skill. I'm sure thats what will happen next year though. I mean, if you can manage to beat mississippi valley state, you should be pounding the majors right.

Next year, you're schedule isn't going to loaded with majors, because Miles knows you can't compete consistanly at that level, just like scott nagy found out the hard way this year. But you guys are going to be talking about how "everybody is afraid to play us", just like football at the beginning of the transition, when you had a weak schedule. Funny how I don't hear that anymore though.

jjbluecw
02-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Majors like K-State? That game went real well didn't it. Everybody just seems to gloss over that one though, the one game where a team was actually playing to its potential. Just go to Wisconsin, and pretend that you overpowered them with your talent and skill. I'm sure thats what will happen next year though. I mean, if you can manage to beat mississippi valley state, you should be pounding the majors right.

Next year, you're schedule isn't going to loaded with majors, because Miles knows you can't compete consistanly at that level, just like scott nagy found out the hard way this year. But you guys are going to be talking about how "everybody is afraid to play us", just like football at the beginning of the transition, when you had a weak schedule. Funny how I don't hear that anymore though.

What is your point?? NDSU is not is good as a few fans think they are? Thanks for setting everyone straight. Your basketball knowledge is overwhelming.

MplsBison
02-11-2006, 03:41 PM
You have to climb stairs or ride the elevator to get to concourse level in the Alerus.

Ah, thank you for correcting me.

B-Ball_Roadgamer
02-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Mr Meanor & basketballer,
AMEN to you!
You've got it right.

jjbluecw
02-11-2006, 05:56 PM
First off...there is a huge difference between mid majors and major conferences.

So much difference in fact that the Missouri Valley conf has a higher RPI then the pac 10 and there are 3 mid major teams in the top 10 of the polls. ;)

Mr._Bill
02-11-2006, 06:08 PM
B-Ball'in, I will define my version of realistic and urge you to put some numbers behind your pessimism. I have watched or listed to every game the bison have played in 2005-6. I am not discounting the ugly losses to Manhattan and K-state. Every team has the ugly losses, low-mid-high majors, all of them. Should Indiana's season be judged on their loss to MN, or their whole body of 28 games. I suppose that you think they should be out of the ncaa field because of that loss. The bison will finish with about 17-18 wins taking into account the 4 non-DI teams on the schedule. The schedule will continue to get better each year and it will be more challenging with only 1-2 non-D1's. But I believe that this team can win 20+ against stronger schedules and win 3-4 out of 7-8 games against top 100 teams and finish with an RPI around 100-120. That is my expectation. There will always be the mail in losses and the road refs like Utah Valley State where you just dont win.

Don't be confused about schedule. The Bison schedule will get better each year. Who would you rather play the expected 300 rpi bison or the current 150-200 rpi bison. Lots of the sub 150's will now see value in the schuling the bison. This will equate to better fan support overall for the bison, and greater challenges. Who would you rather get a call from for next year for a game, NDSU or SDSU?

The whole dynamic changes when we get into a league. If NDSU could land in a league like the Mid-Con or Big Sky before these freshman are gone, this team will have a chance to win 20+ and dance (not because of 20 wins of course). Next year's goals should be 20 wins and mid-major ranking. Tell me that is not realistic.

kchats
02-11-2006, 08:22 PM
+++

basketballer
02-11-2006, 08:37 PM
B-Ball'in, I will define my version of realistic and urge you to put some numbers behind your pessimism. I have watched or listed to every game the bison have played in 2005-6. I am not discounting the ugly losses to Manhattan and K-state. Every team has the ugly losses, low-mid-high majors, all of them. Should Indiana's season be judged on their loss to MN, or their whole body of 28 games. I suppose that you think they should be out of the ncaa field because of that loss. The bison will finish with about 17-18 wins taking into account the 4 non-DI teams on the schedule. The schedule will continue to get better each year and it will be more challenging with only 1-2 non-D1's. But I believe that this team can win 20+ against stronger schedules and win 3-4 out of 7-8 games against top 100 teams and finish with an RPI around 100-120. That is my expectation. There will always be the mail in losses and the road refs like Utah Valley State where you just dont win.

Don't be confused about schedule. The Bison schedule will get better each year. Who would you rather play the expected 300 rpi bison or the current 150-200 rpi bison. Lots of the sub 150's will now see value in the schuling the bison. This will equate to better fan support overall for the bison, and greater challenges. Who would you rather get a call from for next year for a game, NDSU or SDSU?

The whole dynamic changes when we get into a league. If NDSU could land in a league like the Mid-Con or Big Sky before these freshman are gone, this team will have a chance to win 20+ and dance (not because of 20 wins of course). Next year's goals should be 20 wins and mid-major ranking. Tell me that is not realistic.

I would have to see your schedule to tell you if its realistic or not. Against this years schedule it is definitely realistic, but this years schedule was very weak. 15 of your total games this year will be against teams with an RPI of 200 or more. Counting in the 4 non D-I's that is 19 games with an RPI of more than 200. That's pretty weak. If the bison were playing a schedule consistantly of schools with an RPI of better than 200, around the 150 region consistantly the bison would be lucky to go .500. I'm not talking about you, but some posters on this site seem to think that going .500 against this schedule means they can dominate the big 10 or something, which is idiotic.

If NDSU had what SDSU has for a schedule this year, they would have about the same record I have to think. I hate to keep comparing the two teams, but look what a consistently stronger schedule did to sdsu, pretty much destroyed a basketball team. Do you think NDSU would be doing much better, if they were taking that kind of punishment night in and night out. Alot of people don't understand what it takes to get through a tough basketball season.

DenverBison05
02-11-2006, 08:57 PM
If NDSU had what SDSU has for a schedule this year, they would have about the same record I have to think. *I hate to keep comparing the two teams, but look what a consistently stronger schedule did to sdsu, pretty much destroyed a basketball team. *Do you think NDSU would be doing much better, if they were taking that kind of punishment night in and night out. *Alot of people don't understand what it takes to get through a tough basketball season.

IMO, SDSU's schedule was the least of their problems. Injuries and off the court issues are what really hurt their team.

Mr._Bill
02-11-2006, 09:09 PM
I believe that we are reaching some middle ground in this discussion, and I agree with you on several of your points. I also know that I am talking with someone who does not root for the Herd . . . while I am a ND native (living in MN), a NDSU grad, former NDSU walk-on athlete, and I bleed buffalo green.

Yes, there is a difference between the SDSU/NDSU schedules this year, but there is also a difference in the teams, even before the resent situation down south. I give NDSU + 4 or 5 with the Jack schedule this year.

And yes, there is a difference between playing a Big 10 schedule and slipping into a Big 10 arena to get an out of conference win. NDSU's depth and stregth would put them at the bottom of the Big 10, but we would not get shut out either.

You are right, you cannot count W-L's until you see the schedule, but I would guess that we will play 5-6 higher majors next year vs. 4-5 this year. And we will replace our non-D1's with more D1 Indies, and I don't think that will equate to more losses on that part of the schedule, but time will tell. The Bison are moving in the right direction and that is AWESOME!

NDSUstudent
02-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Here is NDSU's schedule so far for next year,

@Minnesota
@SDSU
@New Jersey Tech
@Utah Valley
@IPFW
@UT-Pan America
Furman
K-State
Wisconsin Green Bay
SDSU
New Jersey Tech
Utah Valley
IPFW
UT-Pan America

There is 14 games and I like our chances in most as far as the rest of schedule I would say there will be at least 1 or 2 more major conference teams and then probably a few Mid-Con, MVC, or Big Sky teams mixed in. 16-20 wins is a good possibility in my opinion.

Mr._Bill
02-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the schedule 8). We should have our sites set on 20 wins. I think we can!

BisonBacker
02-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Or the volleyball gym.

I still say hold off and put the money towards a new building. *Digging down has to be very expensive. *Can anyone name an example where this has been done before in an indoor facility? *

++++++++++++++++++++++

sambini
02-12-2006, 02:55 AM
Maybe some Bison fan can win the lottery tonite. And build us a new arena and indoor track. ++++ Get your tickets.

Mr_Meanor
02-12-2006, 11:46 PM
So much difference in fact that the Missouri Valley conf has a higher RPI then the pac 10 and there are 3 mid major teams in the top 10 of the polls. *;)
Rankings are overrated...there is no way GW is the 8th best team in the country...if they played in the big ten they would have alot more losses and would not even be ranked. Yes there are some good mid majors but they will have a very very hard time competeing with the major conferences...when is the last time a mid major has won a national championship?

jjbluecw
02-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Rankings are overrated...there is no way GW is the 8th best team in the country...if they played in the big ten they would have alot more losses and would not even be ranked. Yes there are some good mid majors but they will have a very very hard time competeing with the major conferences...when is the last time a mid major has won a national championship?

I don't totally disagree w/ you, I was just stating some facts. As far as GW is concerned who knows. If they were in say the big ten they might have some more big wins which could put them higher in the polls.....

sambini
02-13-2006, 03:29 AM
I had breakfast this morning with some alumni board members. They said the BSA project hasn't even hired an architect yet. Then we will see some new ideas for the BSA.

IowaBison
02-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Thanks for bringing the topic back to the BSA, Sambini.

You reiterated what I had in my first post.

MplsBison
02-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Ok, let's make a wishlist for the BSA.

What would guys most like to see? Or perhaps just any suggestions?

Personally, I would love to see those giant pillars that that are right in front of the side seats on the west stands moved out of the way.

Anyone else?

B-Ball_Roadgamer
02-13-2006, 04:13 PM
A better PA system that can be
understood in all areas to go
along with the seatback chairs.

Bison101
02-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Now, to do it up right the indoor track should be taken out and their should be bowl seating all the way around.
Here are the three phases....

Phase I: Build a 100 yard indoor football practice facility that has a track around it. Their should be enough to seat roughly 1000 people. all other sports would greatly benefit from this facility.

Phase II: Dig down and do the BSA up right with continous permanent chair back seating in a bowl type configuration. (except for the student section as they should be standing. )This will be the home of Bison Basketball, wrestling and Volleyabll.

Phase III: Practice facilty for basketball and volleyball. We would need a minimum of four full length courts. This phase would include a new weight training faciltity for all sports.

Even if it took another five years of fundraising, all sports would greatly be enhanced with this plan.

NDSU_grad
02-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Now, to do it up right the indoor track should be taken out and their should be bowl seating all the way around.
Here are the three phases....

Phase I: Build a 100 yard indoor football practice facility that has a track around it. Their should be enough to seat roughly 1000 people. all other sports would greatly benefit from this facility.

Phase II: Dig down and do the BSA up right with continous permanent chair back seating in a bowl type configuration. (except for the student section as they should be standing. )This will be the home of Bison Basketball, wrestling and Volleyabll.

Phase III: Practice facilty for basketball and volleyball. We would need a minimum of four full length courts. This phase would include a new weight training faciltity for all sports.

Even if it took another five years of fundraising, all sports would greatly be enhanced with this plan.
That would take a lot more than an additional 5 years of fundraising; more like 30. Facilities like that would probably run in the ballpark of $100 MM

NDSU_grad
02-13-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't know how these little birdies find me in the middle of the winter, but I have learned that

NDSU has almost all the money they need to begin the BSA renovation (if you have some extra dollarinies please consider a donation) and will be looking for an architect in the next couple of months to begin designing the new facility.

The current (tentative) plan includes *

1) expanding to the south

and bumbabum (trumpet sounds please)

2) digging down for the basketball court

Just thinking out loud, but I wonder how far they plan to expand to the south. Just enough for a foyer?

B-Ball_Roadgamer
02-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Question.
Bison101: WHY should the students be standing??
They DO NOT have the right to block another
persons line of sight.
I know you won't like this but I believe anyone
standing should be told to sit down & if they don't, they should be thrown out.
It is inconsiderate, rude, unacceptable behavior, and should not be tolerated.

Bison101
02-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I am swearing under my breath right now. I will assume that you are joking and enjoy stirring the pot if you will. If you are serious and you represent most of NDSU's fan base...Good Lord, we are in for a long painful haul in DI.

IowaBison
02-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Just thinking out loud, but I wonder how far they plan to expand to the south. *Just enough for a foyer?

I recall something about an indoor training facility to the south.

I was in a small group when I heard this and didn't want to ask too many questions. The only clarification I asked for regarded the 'digging' (as that was by far the most interesting single aspect) to which a 'yes' response was made.

B-Ball_Roadgamer
02-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Sorry, but I'm 100% serious.
It's something I feel very strongly about.
Ever been to Brookings and not see anything for
your money and effort to go there?

NDSUstudent
02-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Question.
persons line of sight.
*I know you won't like this but I believe anyone

Students standing and chearing on their team at games is what college sports is all about. If you want students to sit go to GF and become a Sioux fan because that is the only place where your attitude will be accepted.

B-Ball_Roadgamer
02-13-2006, 10:39 PM
In Watertown after the Jacks game I ran
into a woman from Sisseton that had hauled a load of hi-school girls to Brookings for the day.
They were behind the students and had Not seen anything. Happened to me last year.
Nobody has the right to block someones sightline.

NDSUstudent
02-13-2006, 10:43 PM
into a woman from Sisseton that had hauled a load of hi-school girls to Brookings for the day.
They were behind the students and had Not seen anything. * * Happened to me last year.

Good thing at the BSA and FargoDome not be able see anything because of students standing isn't much a problem. There are plenty of places to watch the game from where students standing won't be in your way. This is a meaningless discussion anyway because NDSU students will very likely always be allowed to stand.

pwbnd
02-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Says sarcastically - - Standing is bad enough, but some people that go the these games actually have the nerve to clap and cheer too! They make so much noise sometimes I have trouble reading my book that I brought. ::)

Jeese...

Students should be encouraged and rewarded for standing and making noise. It's called a home court advantage.

The new BSA redesign should accomodate for students to stand the whole game and be as rowdy as they want.

B-Ball_Roadgamer
02-13-2006, 10:51 PM
I want to SIT and watch the game.
Why should I pay good money >> then have
someone stand in front of me so I can't see?
Longer term; Do you think adults would
continue to attend if they are constantly blocked out?

mojobison
02-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Standing up at a basketball game is not intentionally rude. Kids stand because they want to show support for a team, a team that nobody has better claim of ownership to than the student body of the State University of North Dakota. Contrast that behavior with some of the overbearing rude behavior in this thread and others.

I think you can disagree without being rude. In other words, practice what you preach.

DORMIE
02-13-2006, 11:09 PM
I was at a meeting with some University staff people a week ago. I
believe that when it comes time to meet with the architects, there
will be some forums for anyone to attend. End result is that the remodeled BSA will be good for everyone. The students want to
stand (just watch a Duke game). Give the students a corner with
risers with benches so that they won't be in anyones way who wants
to sit(aka. the Dome). Meetings that include both students and older
fans should take care of any of the problems that they ended up with at The Betty!!

sambini
02-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks Dormie for the info and insight.++++

BisonBacker
02-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Question.
persons line of sight.
*I know you won't like this but I believe anyone
Sounds like we have the typical bookreading dome dweller here. Then people wonder why its hard to get a home field/court advantage with this type of fan?????

BisonBacker
02-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Sorry, but I'm 100% serious.
It's something I feel very strongly about.
Ever been to Brookings and not see anything for
your money and effort to go there?
There's always the library, they have plenty of chairs and its really quiet there ;D

BisonBacker
02-14-2006, 12:58 AM
They were behind the students and had Not seen anything. * * Happened to me last year.
Sit in the top row, you should have a birds eye view. ???

BisonBacker
02-14-2006, 01:00 AM
*Longer term; Do you think adults would
They should be standing as well, maybe if you stood a little you might get into the game. Hey try even yelling and clapping it might get you pumped up a bit. Were not at the Library. If you don't understand that then your hopeless.

sambini
02-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Stand and cheer thats what your at the game for. Be respectful to those around you. Your right its not a library. HERE WE GO BISON HERE WE GO .++++

TransAmBison
02-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Just lean against your walker and you can stand. ;D

SDbison
02-14-2006, 03:18 AM
b-ball gamer, basketballer or Mr Meaner. Even though some of what you say makes sense, 95% of what you guys post is negative, talks down NDSU's success, and attacks others on this website. I don't think you are true NDSU fans, more likely some trolls who decided to act like fans and make fun of those who take NDSU's transition and future success seriously. Get a life. If for some reason you are legitimate go start a post about some topic you are passionate about instead of always knocking others views.

BisonBacker
02-14-2006, 03:54 AM
I would guess they are Trolls. Look at the posts they have made.

tony
02-14-2006, 01:18 PM
There should be some room for compromising that allows students to stand while accomodating those who don't want to. No need to get argumentative.

Maybe NDSU will never be a perennial tourney team, but there is no reason our fans can't have as much fun or be as involved as those at Duke and Kansas (where, from what I've seen, students stand during the games if they want). Heck, when it comes to Duke, our crowds could be just as loud and just as big - Duke, btw, has bleacher seating on the lower level. That just shows how much more important a good program is than assorted luxuries.

-----------------

About the troll talk. It's good to be wary but let's not go overboard. For example, Mr_Meanor a troll? Where'd the that come from? *basketballer - doesn't like NDSU much but that's no problem. The departed b-ball_roadgamer - troll or not, that was one angry dude.

NDSU_grad
02-14-2006, 01:49 PM
I really haven't seen one post from Mr. Meanor that is negative. Pointing out that NDSU is not in the same league as Kansas or Duke is hardly negative.

Bisonfan1
02-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Same arguement as with the Dome, there should be areas to stand or sit, whatever your choice. Why should I pay good money to be forced to sit the entire game when I have an extremly bad back and cannot sit the whole game? I know there is plenty of people out there that would jump at the chance to be in a standing/cheering section, maybe others that have a disability that does not allow them much sitting time. Whats the differance with the folks that cant stand much or the folks that cant sit much. Could this be an ADA issue ? Maybe. Just design/change/provide an area for standing cheering people to help provide a homefield advantage at the BSA and the DOME.

Mr_Meanor
02-14-2006, 05:45 PM
b-ball gamer, basketballer or Mr Meaner. *Even though some of what you say makes sense, 95% of what you guys post is negative, talks down NDSU's success, and *attacks others on this website. *I don't think you are true NDSU fans, more likely some trolls who decided to act like fans and make fun of those who take NDSU's transition and future success seriously. *Get a life. *If for some reason you are legitimate go start a post about some topic you are passionate about instead of always knocking others views. *
First off I would like to say I am not a troll. *NDSU is my alma mater and I will always be a huge fan of the Bison. *I will admit that I don't agree with alot of the things on this board. * I don't think there is anything wrong with stating my opinion. *I feel alot of people are expecting to much from NDSU. *Don't get me wrong the football team is showing alot of promise and the mens basketball team in heading in the right direction and I am glad the teams are having success. *On the other hand I am not ready to say that NDSU is in the same leauge as Kansas and Duke in basketbal and that the football prgram is ready to compete at the D IA level. *To me these are just unrealistic at this point in time. *We have not proven anything yet in Division I yet we have fans on here talking about how great we are. *NDSU is a great school and we do have alot to offer both academically and athletically. *I think we should be enuthastic and excited about *the program but at the same time we need to be realistic. *I remember some people posting about how cocky the people on the georgia southern board where but I think some of the people who post here are just as bad. * *I am not trying to be negitive but sharing my 2 cents.

basketballer
02-14-2006, 09:23 PM
b-ball gamer, basketballer or Mr Meaner. Even though some of what you say makes sense, 95% of what you guys post is negative, talks down NDSU's success, and attacks others on this website. I don't think you are true NDSU fans, more likely some trolls who decided to act like fans and make fun of those who take NDSU's transition and future success seriously. Get a life. If for some reason you are legitimate go start a post about some topic you are passionate about instead of always knocking others views.

You got me, I'm not a fannatic of NDSU, I have contributed to your athletic budget though, in the form of purchasing basketball tickets. Hope that helps my "negativity".

BisonBacker
02-14-2006, 09:25 PM
The only reason the DI talk came up was not because we think we are so great at all. It has everything to do with the fact we are not in a conference. If we were in a conference already then this topic most likely wouldn't even have come up. The comment was made that if we had no conference in DIAA give's us the nod then if a DIA conference was looking for members that why not try to get in. That's all that was said, nothing about were so almighty that we should be in any DI conference.

basketballer
02-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Back to the BSA remodel, I have no reason to doubt your info. about digging in the interior, but are they still planning on doing that for 16 million? I can't believe thats all it would cost to get everything in the interior redone, and dig the center out. Have they added money to the budget?

IowaBison
02-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Back to the BSA remodel, I have no reason to doubt your info. about digging in the interior, but are they still planning on doing that for 16 million? *I can't believe thats all it would cost to get everything in the interior redone, and dig the center out. *Have they added money to the budget?

I don't know. I'll I heard is that the BSA remodel part of the current fundraising campaign has gone very well.

I didn't want to play twenty questions as I didn't want to over step my bounds when working on unrelated business.

tony
02-14-2006, 10:23 PM
I really haven't seen one post from Mr. Meanor that is negative. *Pointing out that NDSU is not in the same league as Kansas or Duke is hardly negative.

For the record, that was what I was trying to say too in my prost immediately prior to yours.

bisonranch
02-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Do you really think digging out the center is very expensive compared to the rest of the project? Removing the concrete floor and excavating dirt is cheap compared to building the structure, which already exists. With the bowl, more concrete for the floor and seats are needed. Guess we'll find out for sure when the plans are revealed. If they do dig, I hope they learn from the dome and take flood precations.

GoBison127
03-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Went to the basketball game Saturday and saw the new signs they put at each end of the BSA. The side that says "Welcome to the BSA" as you walk in was awsome. A very cool touch. I tried to imagine those up with new seating and a re-vamped look. I think it could be pretty sweet. For me, all it takes is a trip to Williams Arena at the U to convince me that renovation IS the way to go. If ya build a new arena you leave behind so many memories and tradition. Just my opinion. Something really does need to be done though. That place is starting to feel so out of date.

I was at "the Betty" in Grand Forks this weekend too. Must admit. A very nice facility they have up there.

Bisonguy
03-09-2006, 12:09 AM
per the KVLY 6:00 news

The finance committee (?) of the State Board of Higher Ed has given the green light for the $8MM expansion of the BSA. Donations increased greatly after the win at Wisconsin, and all $8MM has been raised.

TheBisonator
03-09-2006, 12:31 AM

The finance committee (?) of the State Board of Higher Ed has given the green light for the $8MM expansion of the BSA. Donations increased greatly after the win at Wisconsin, and all $8MM has been raised.

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!! WOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!!

And that $8 million is just for the FIRST PHASE. I heard that a 2nd phase would cost another $8 million, bringing the total to $16 million in rennovations.

WAY TO GO, FUNDRAISERS!!!!

MplsBison
03-09-2006, 12:36 AM
..."second" phase, you say?

What's left to do?

Why not build a new arena?

NDSUstudent
03-09-2006, 12:41 AM
WDAY at 6 said that phase one would add new bleachers, playing floor, locker rooms, swimming pool renovations, and they didn't say it but they better be adding a new sound system because what we have no is not acceptable. I can't wait to see the renderings that the architects have come up with and hopefully the BSA can become a respectable DI arena.

Siouxpreme
03-09-2006, 12:56 AM

The finance committee (?) of the State Board of Higher Ed has given the green light for the $8MM expansion of the BSA.This is great news for your guys. Will you be able to finish the renovation before Woodside and Co graduate? Will you be able to redo the exterior, so it doesn't look like a hog finishing tin shed on campus?

Donations increased greatly after the win at Wisconsin, and all $8MM has been raised. Seems to me you guys were saying this money had been raised years ago. Now the story has changed and all the money has finally been raised after the great Wisconsin win. So the question is, who was blowing the smoke up your a$$ before and why has everyone been so gullible?

TheBisonator
03-09-2006, 01:13 AM
You can try and rain on our parade, Sue fan, but it won't work. ::)

mikelsch
03-09-2006, 01:13 AM
No one said the money was raised any earlier than today. *If anyone did, they were purely speculating.

Add new heating/cooling system to the above mentioned renovations.

This is great news. *I wouldn't be surprised if phase one is completed by next season. *2 seasons at the latest. *

Bisonguy
03-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Seems to me you guys were saying this money had been raised years ago. *Now the story has changed and all the money has finally been raised after the great Wisconsin win. * So the question is, who was blowing the smoke up your a$$ before and why has everyone been so gullible? *

Please cite an example sans heresay, where someone from NDSU has stated that the $8MM to renovate the BSA was raised years ago.

sambini
03-09-2006, 03:51 AM
You can bet Erv is out trying to raise the rest. Great job Erv.++++++++++++++

Siouxpreme
03-09-2006, 03:59 AM
Please cite an example sans heresay, where someone from NDSU has stated that the $8MM to renovate the BSA was raised years ago. Thought for sure it that was said on this board, but can't find it. Without question though, there's been renovation plans for years, and somehow these bigger plans just aren't happening:

by met1990, 02/01/04 at 12:39:09

The last time I talked with Gene Taylor the proposed plans for the Bison Sports Arena expansion would take over roughly 1/3 of Dacotah Field. However, there have been plans for renovating the BSA at least since I started going to school at SU in 99. I'm interested in seeing when they actual move on it.

sambini
03-09-2006, 04:36 AM
All I can say is GITTER DONE.++++++++++++++

Yellow
03-09-2006, 04:39 AM
Yes, there has been PLANS to renovate the bsa for about 20 years now, but they never decided to do it. Finally a year ago they gave the green light and started fundraising for it and now have the 8m for phase one. The other plans were just ideas and speculations

Bisonguy
03-09-2006, 04:58 AM
Thought for sure it that was said on this board, but can't find it. *Without question though, there's been renovation plans for years, and somehow these bigger plans just aren't happening:

Right on! There were also 'plans' for a hockey arena attached to the Fargodome, 'plans' for a downtown Fargo arena, heck, there were even 'plans' for a family restaurant in Grand Forks that had a 60 ft. tall hockey player dressed in black with eyes that lit up green in front of it. *

What about the 'plans' for a roof that doesn't leak in a brand new basketball arena? Looks like 'plans' don't always mean much.

The BSA has long been a project that NDSU wanted to proceed with, but the actual 'plan' was just implemented with the most recent capital drive.

ndsubison
03-09-2006, 01:31 PM
I found this tidbit...

http://in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=120007&section=Sports

Go Bison

TheBisonator
03-09-2006, 01:39 PM
I found this tidbit...

http://in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=120007&section=Sports

Go Bison

Every time I think we've raised a certain amount of money for the BSA renovation, it turns out it's actually less. The article says only $6.5 million has been raised. :-/

BisBison
03-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Every time I think we've raised a certain amount of money for the BSA renovation, it turns out it's actually less. The article says only $6.5 million has been raised. :-/

It also says they hope to have naming rights as part of the funding. Gene says there is a very strong candidate for that who may be interested. I talked to Erv yesterday, he is in Florida talking to potential donors, my little birdie says it'll happen. ;D ;D

RedRiver
03-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Great news, and the hiring of an architect will get this project going. Shoud have the design work done this year yet and according to Taylor the first phase will be the additional space added to the BSA for basketball practice courts and weight room.

Bison_Dan
03-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Thought for sure it that was said on this board, but can't find it. *Without question though, there's been renovation plans for years, and somehow these bigger plans just aren't happening:

by met1990, *02/01/04 at 12:39:09

What's the matter soospreme having another jealousy attack again. NDSU will have a 8,000 seat arena in a couple of years you'll still have the 3300 seat betty with a leaky roof. And as far as using the ralph, I haven't heard any soo fans say anything positive about it for bb. ;D

sambini
03-09-2006, 07:38 PM
AWESOME BABY+++++++++++++

Mr._Bill
04-08-2006, 07:53 PM
It is time to stick some serious money into this arena for the Bison, and put the team in a truly D1 facility with better seating and the amenities as you would expect in a D1 school. This would address the main facility issue at NDSU and will seriously help bigger time recruiting for the men and women's BB.

I also want to make sure it is an NDSU facility, not like the situation up north where the school is held hostage by a big donor. Someday that situation will rear its ugly head and put the school in a tight spot or in debt, if it hasn't already. I don't want NDSU to be any part of a situation like that.

Mr._Bill
04-08-2006, 08:00 PM
A new arena would also help NDSU in recruiting battles with our rival to the south. After years of hearing how great the arena in brookings is from the jack board, I finally visited this past BB season. A BSA renovation would put us at a significant advantage to draw recruits north, as I believe that the BSA is significantly better right now. I did not feel like I was in a D1 facility (dome in minot is better), but maybe it was those da** cowbells.

jackrabbit1979
04-09-2006, 05:30 PM
A new arena would also help NDSU in recruiting battles with our rival to the south. *After years of hearing how great the arena in brookings is from the jack board, I finally visited this past BB season. *A BSA renovation would put us at a significant advantage to draw recruits north, as I believe that the BSA is significantly better right now. *I did not feel like I was in a D1 facility (dome in minot is better), but maybe it was those da** cowbells.

The BSA is significantly better than Frost Arena right now? :-?

Are you kidding me...Frost has Better seating, Better atmosphere, Better Scoreboards, Sound System, Lighting, Fans, Appearance, Band, Announcer, tradition...should i keep going. At least you guys could say you had a better team last year, that was a first in quite some time. And then we still split games.

Charger
04-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Frost Arena is not only better now, but it also has a lot more potential than that tin shed you guys play in. Even with $16 million in renovation I still think Frost will be better. I honestly do not know why you guys do not look more at building a new arena. Renovation is fine if you have a decent building to start off with, but I do not see a lot of potential with the BSA. Just my thoughts.

Mr._Bill
04-09-2006, 08:02 PM
A new arena would also help NDSU in recruiting battles with our rival to the south. *After years of hearing how great the arena in brookings is from the jack board, I finally visited this past BB season. *A BSA renovation would put us at a significant advantage to draw recruits north, as I believe that the BSA is significantly better right now. *I did not feel like I was in a D1 facility (dome in minot is better), but maybe it was those da** cowbells.

The BSA is significantly better than Frost Arena right now? *:-?

Are you kidding me...Frost has Better seating, Better atmosphere, Better Scoreboards, Sound System, Lighting, Fans, Appearance, Band, Announcer, tradition...should i keep going. *At least you guys could say you had a better team last year, that was a first in quite some time. *And then we still split games. *

I am perfectly capable of forming my own unbiased opinion. I have been to several D1 arenas Missouri, Kansas, Kansas St., OU and MN, along with NCC and MIAA arenas. I can assure you that Scoreboards and sound do not make an arena. Frost has a very small feel, the lighting was funky yellow, with the fans were on top of the floor like in HS. To me it felt small and somewhat dated. From a potential standpoint, I was not overly impressed, but I am only 1 unbiased opinion. While the BSA has nothing on Frost today, it has a much bigger feel and the potential with upgrades to impress a conference commish.

Charger
04-09-2006, 09:38 PM
I am perfectly capable of forming my own unbiased opinion. *I have been to several D1 arenas Missouri, Kansas, Kansas St., OU and MN, along with NCC and MIAA arenas. * I can assure you that Scoreboards and sound do not make an arena. *Frost has a very small feel, the lighting was funky yellow, with the fans were on top of the floor like in HS. *To me it felt small and somewhat dated. *From a potential standpoint, I was not overly impressed, but I am only 1 unbiased opinion. *While the BSA has nothing on Frost today, it has a much bigger feel and the potential with upgrades to impress a conference commish. *

The BSA has a "bigger feel"? *Maybe because it is like setting up portable bleachers in a convention center. *The ceiling is like 10' tall. *Players probably have to duck when walking under the scoreboard. *And the BSA, even with the renovation, will have a high school feel. *Aren't all the bleachers pretty much retractable from the walls. *Atleast Frost has two levels. *I'll admit Frost is not the nicest Arena in the country, but it is one of the nicest in the region, and there will be further renovation that will even better in the future. *I wouldn't exactly call your opinion unbiassed (I also would not call mine unbiassed), but Frost is not only better now, it also has so much more potential. *I have seen plans for Frost that will put it on par with any Mid-major arena in the country. *The remodeled BSA will be a waste of money. *Until you guys build a completely new arena we will have the facility advantage in basketball, just like you guys have in football.

jackrabbit1979
04-10-2006, 03:40 AM

I am perfectly capable of forming my own unbiased opinion. *I have been to several D1 arenas Missouri, Kansas, Kansas St., OU and MN, along with NCC and MIAA arenas. * I can assure you that Scoreboards and sound do not make an arena. *Frost has a very small feel, the lighting was funky yellow, with the fans were on top of the floor like in HS. *To me it felt small and somewhat dated. *From a potential standpoint, I was not overly impressed, but I am only 1 unbiased opinion. *While the BSA has nothing on Frost today, it has a much bigger feel and the potential with upgrades to impress a conference commish. *

You may be able to form an opinion, but you sure aren't very consistent. Your first post said the BSA was "significantly better right now" then Frost arena. Your second post states, "the BSA has nothing on Frost today". Which is it?

i understand that scoreboards and sound don't make an arena, but they must add to it. otherwise Daktronics Inc. in Brookings has made too much money pulling the wool over everybody's eyes. Look back at my post i also listed about six other things that make Frost better, and i said i could go on. I will admit, i have a biased opinion, but even a biased person can make sound judgement on this comparison. I just really can't believe you are saying the BSA is comparable. By the way, what is wrong with the crowd being on top of the court. Isn't that what you want at a basketball game. It adds to the atmosphere (which you may not as much about in the BSA) and is better for the spectator. I have never been to a game at Cameron Indoor (and i wouldn't think of comparing Frost to it) but i am pretty sure the fans are right on top of the court and it is considered the best college basketball venue in the country...

mikelsch
04-10-2006, 03:51 PM
The BSA might not be visually appealing, but it provides a big home court advantage. 8-1 last season for the men against DI teams.

mikelsch
04-20-2006, 07:38 PM
From the April 19 'It's Happening at State' newsletter...

"Looking ahead, NDSU is advertising for architects to work on the BSA project. The $8 million project is expected to include a renovated basketball court, track, locker rooms, administrative offices, practice facility, weight room, and storage space. A groundbreaking is expected in Spring 2007" end of quote

The $8 million isn't fully raised yet, please donate if you can. President Chapman would like to have the money in by homecoming.

Bison13
09-08-2006, 09:42 PM
I believe there will be a meating held tomorrow regarding the BSA remoldeling project. T. Stroh will be hooking up with some NDSU personnel to try to get this project moving along. Talked to Stroh saying how huge and complicated this renovation will be. He is a great guy and a well respected architect. I have no doubt that he will make the place look great! Estimates that NDSU will in all reality spend anywhere from 16-20 million on the project :o

TheBisonator
09-08-2006, 10:01 PM
I believe there will be a meating held tomorrow regarding the BSA remoldeling project. T. Stroh will be hooking up with some NDSU personnel to try to get this project moving along. Talked to Stroh saying how huge and complicated this renovation will be. He is a great guy and a well respected architect. I have no doubt that he will make the place look great! Estimates that NDSU will in all reality spend anywhere from 16-20 million on the project *:o

$16 to $20 million??? HOLY CRAP!!! :-? :-? :-?

MinotBison
09-08-2006, 10:59 PM
I believe there will be a meating held tomorrow regarding the BSA remoldeling project. T. Stroh will be hooking up with some NDSU personnel to try to get this project moving along. Talked to Stroh saying how huge and complicated this renovation will be. He is a great guy and a well respected architect. I have no doubt that he will make the place look great! Estimates that NDSU will in all reality spend anywhere from 16-20 million on the project *:o

??????

TheBisonator
09-09-2006, 02:00 AM

??????

Yeah, I was thinking, is Ron Jeremy gonna be there?? ;D

Bison2248
09-09-2006, 02:00 AM
I have a feeling it is gonna take too long to get the BSA done, probably b/c I want to see it done fast. But once it is done I know that we will finally LOOK like a D-1 school, we already compete like one.

Bison13
09-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Yea a meating, with cleavers.....oops my bad!! So yea, a MEETING. I guess I was starving since it was around dinner time when I wrote that. Since NDSU is already over there 75mil campaign fund, why dont they set some extra aside for the BSA? Last I heard they were at 82mil. Since the 8 million didnt really take long to raise, after this year (depending how well the bball team does) there should be at least 16 million raised all together. I really hope this thing takes off soon. Miles and Co. deserve it!

Flintstone
09-09-2006, 01:54 PM
My guess would be that the project starts some time next year and is broken down into multiple phases over the next couple of years. That's how many large remodel projects are handled. It allows for the least amount of disruption to the building tenants and also allows for additional funds to be raised as many times, once a building gets started and people can see some progress, more donations will start to roll in.