PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Tailgate?

lakesbison
09-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Whats the plan for Tailgating this saturday and how many of you will be at the REDHAWKS game at 1pm gettin "Sauced" ???

I for one will be there, with some buds having a few buds!!

I invite you all to go!! $5 tickets!!!

tcbison
09-14-2006, 03:22 PM
I am making the trip from the Twin Cities and will be tailgating. Lakes if you remember I met you last year at Sensor's after the Montana State/NDSU game.

sway1331
09-14-2006, 06:42 PM
I'll be making the trip up as usually and plan to be in the west lot. Hopefully the forecast for rain is wrong.

sambini
09-15-2006, 04:43 AM
CADILAC WILLHAVE THE BUDWEISER TAILGATING VAN AND THORS COOKING TRAILER. GOOFYS BRINGING THE POLISH AND PLENTY OF GOLDEN LIGHT AND BUD SELECTS. I WON'T BE THERE NEITHER WILL THOR. ITS OFF TO SOUTH BEND FOR THE NOTRE DAME - MICHIGAN GAME. GO BISON

NDFAN2
09-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Wow, what great weather for the Tailgaiting! I hope to do it again soon!

IowaBison
09-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Saw the Sts. Anne and Joachim Knights of Columbus had a tailgating event.

That's pretty cool, imo.

Imagine all the men's fraternal (and other social) groups showing up.

Maybe for Nov 11 we should have bring a veteran to tailgating/the game day.

tcbison
09-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Saw the Sts. Anne and Joachim Knights of Columbus had a tailgating event.

That's pretty cool, imo.

Imagine all the men's fraternal (and other social) groups showing up.

Maybe for Nov 11 we should have bring a veteran to tailgating/the game day.

Yes, they did! It was NDFAN2's idea! They had 30 people there and at the game as well. Everyone I talked to said it was great idea and they should do it again.

NDFAN2
09-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Yes, there is talk of tailgating again for Homecoming. The KC's are famous for their fried onions on their brats and burgers. Also, there is talk of ordering a KC flag, as our banner wouldn't quite work for tailgating.

IowaBison
09-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Awesome!

I might have to come over and visit even though I'm not a member of your council.

I'd love to see it spread to other fraternal organizations as well.

Why not a VFW, Shriners, or Sons of Norway group?

sambini
09-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Bring more groups the better.++++++++++

Bisonguy
09-22-2006, 03:13 AM
Yes, there is talk of tailgating again for Homecoming. *The KC's are famous for their fried onions on their brats and burgers. *Also, there is talk of ordering a KC flag, as our banner wouldn't quite work for tailgating. *

Why not throw down the gauntlet to some other groups??

Challenge them to a tailgating cookoff!!

NDFAN2
09-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Yes, there is talk of tailgating again for Homecoming. *The KC's are famous for their fried onions on their brats and burgers. *Also, there is talk of ordering a KC flag, as our banner wouldn't quite work for tailgating. *

That wouldn't be fair, since the KC burgers are the best. (Wait a minute, is this Smack? :-?)

tcbison
09-22-2006, 01:58 PM

As Sambini would say, bring on the competition! ++++++

IowaBison
09-22-2006, 02:09 PM
like a local ribfest...................

Do you do best burger?

Change from game to game..............

DIGRAPPLER
09-22-2006, 04:19 PM
I talked to one of the marketing guys at Team Makers luncheon and he said they are planning tailgating competion. Best set-up, best food, best of the best, etc, etc. He said details would be distributed at the next game. I am in! My group is already planning the menu!

IowaBison
09-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Great idea.

Now all they need is to allow Team Makers to purchase reserved parking in the alcohol lot.

imabison
09-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Great idea.

Now all they need is to allow Team Makers to purchase reserved parking in the alcohol lot.

Why? Do you want to ruin tailgating as they have done at UNI. First come first serve, and there is nothing wrong with it.

sambini
09-24-2006, 10:40 PM
First come is working just fine++++++++++++++

IowaBison
09-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Just an opinion.

First off, you expose more folks to Team Makers and add an additional benefit.

Second, you generate revenue.

Third, I'd be guaranteed a spot.

I don't disagree that things are working fine now, but I believe the idea deserves some consideration.

Bisonguy
09-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Just an opinion.

First off, you expose more folks to Team Makers and add an additional benefit.

Second, you generate revenue.

Third, I'd be guaranteed a spot.

I don't disagree that things are working fine now, but I believe the idea deserves some consideration.

I believe McNeese State, Georgia Southern, and some of the other really big I-AA tailgating schools have reserved tailgating spots.

IowaBison
09-26-2006, 07:57 PM
So does Iowa State.

mebison
09-26-2006, 08:21 PM
UI (Iowa) just turned one of their prime lots into a reserved lot that you have to "donate" a certain amount before you can get the tag you need to get in.

roadwarrior
09-26-2006, 08:33 PM
The reserved spot thing has already been tried by NDSU/Fargodome and dropped.

IowaBison
09-26-2006, 08:41 PM
if at first you don't succeed...............

broke_back_mnt
09-26-2006, 09:38 PM
I dont think it can work at the FFD. It screwed up traffic too much. A reserved lot needs a sperate entrance.