PDA

View Full Version : License Plates

pwbnd
09-12-2006, 07:02 PM
How is it that there aren't 400 Bison fans in the entire state of ND that won't cough up 25 bucks for an NDSU license plate??

http://www.ndsualumni.com/license/index.htm

This offer has been available for at least a year and still there's only 215 ordered. *Disappointing. *:(

roadwarrior
09-12-2006, 07:27 PM
I agree. If I lived in ND, I would have 2 ordered.

They did have a table set up at the Fargodome in the east concourse during the Concordia-SP game, so maybe they will find enough to get it going.

IowaBisonToo
09-12-2006, 09:03 PM
I agree. *If I lived in ND, I would have 2 ordered.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++

mikelsch
09-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Pass the word and order a plate if you live in ND --- geez they're only $25 --- even the students can afford that

BisBison
09-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Pass the word and order a plate if you live in ND --- geez they're only $25 --- even the students can afford that
I know, I ordered mine last Dec. GOBZN is the personalized plate. and still no plates, I'm pissed get after it Bison fans. I want my plate damit.

pwbnd
09-13-2006, 12:18 AM
I have no data to support this, but I would bet that the majority of the members on this site live outside of the state of ND...such as myself. That means it's up to you folks that live in the great state of ND to get the word out and encourage your friends and neighbors to sign up for these plates.

Somebody should print out a bunch of forms and take them to the parking lot on Saturday. Pass them out to your fellow tailgators.

roadwarrior
09-13-2006, 01:41 AM
I sent an email to the alumni association to suggest the direct selling method in the tailgate lots.

pwbnd
09-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Good idea....I'm guessing the reason they are selling so slow is that the only people that know about them are those that stumble across the offer on the alumni homepage.

With a little advertising, they should have no trouble hitting 400 plates.

They should have the P.A. guy make an announcement at the game or something.

imabison
09-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Good idea....I'm guessing the reason they are selling so slow is that the only people that know about them are those that stumble across the offer on the alumni homepage.

With a little advertising, they should have no trouble hitting 400 plates.

They should have the P.A. guy make an announcement at the game or something.

Another reason is that they are limited to 5 numbers or characters. Anyone who currently has a 6 character plate can't get one. :(

IowaBisonToo
09-13-2006, 07:44 PM
You should see the number of U of I and ISU plates running around the state down here. That's what it should be like up in ND.

87Bisonfan
09-13-2006, 07:50 PM
The Alumni Assoc. had a table set up in the Fargo Dome last year during the SDSU game also. You would think with 15,000 Bison fans in the building you could get 3% to sign up for the plates. I ordered mine in January and was really hoping I would have the new plates this fall.

Herd_Mentality
09-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Well, I will GUARANTEE you that the problem is the fact that you had to order the plates and fork over the dough without knowing if they would even have the plate. They should have had a sign-up, and once they had 400 people sent out the applications. I'm sorry, but people in this part of the world work pretty hard for their money to fork some over without knowing if they're going to get something or just get the check sent back two years later.

TransAmBison
09-24-2006, 02:10 PM
I think the plates could have been made a little better. I mean, it's just a plate with a little Bison emblem. A LITTLE Bison emblem. C'mon, I know everybody here bleeds green and gold and backs everything NDSU, but this plate was nothing special. They could do better.

sambini
09-24-2006, 02:45 PM
++++++++++++++

lonelygriz
09-28-2006, 04:43 AM
I agree. *If I lived in ND, I would have 2 ordered.

They did have a table set up at the Fargodome in the east concourse during the Concordia-SP game, so maybe they will find enough to get it going.
Buy them as a novelty. I don't believe the State cares if they get there 25 bucks?

sambini
09-29-2006, 01:34 AM
++++++++++++

Bison49
09-30-2006, 02:50 AM
Thank you for your support about the license plates. We AGREE that 400 plates should have been an easy sell.
The Alumni Association has completed the following marketing efforts:
1) A special direct mail piece was sent to over 8000 NDSU alumni who reside in ND
2) We did a special direct mail to Team Makers
3) We did a special direct mail piece to the NDSU faculty and staff
4) Student government promoted and hosted a table in the Union for students
5) We did a telephone campaign
6) We have sent out several broad cast e-mails
7) We have had information at Team Maker meetings
8) We have tabled at football games

We are stumped... and we are taking on last effort this Fall.
The best way to get this done ~ is for Bison fans to encourage their friends to get a plate.

The State of ND is requiring 400 applications with payment attached to launch this program.
We have tried to just pay the fee for this quanity of plates, but no go. This initiative was a legislative bill, and the state is following it to the letter.

So, please Bison fans.... get the word out, put pressure on your friends...time is short.....YOUR help is needed.... Thank you!

IowaBison
09-30-2006, 03:03 PM
really all we need is a couple dozen farmers to outfit all their old grain trucks with bison plates..................................

mikelsch
09-30-2006, 07:11 PM
They may not be the greatest or most prominent design, but nonetheless they support NDSU. If you live in ND, please buy one --- they're only $25.

TransAmBison
09-30-2006, 08:19 PM
They may not be the greatest or most prominent design, but nonetheless they support NDSU. *If you live in ND, please buy one --- they're only $25.
I understand your logic, but I for one am going to wait until they make a design worth having. I just think they did it half-ass and need to do it better.

sambini
10-01-2006, 03:36 AM
I sure hope they can get this done.

lonelygriz
10-01-2006, 02:52 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bison49
10-01-2006, 07:53 PM
The legislation set the design of the license plate. *We would love to have a full plate Green and Gold. *

TransAmBison
10-01-2006, 11:16 PM
The legislation set the design of the license plate. *We would love to have a full plate Green and Gold. *
That's interesting. You make a full green and gold plate and the TA will have one ordered on the first day, along with the rest of the vehicles in my household.

mikelsch
10-02-2006, 07:36 PM
I doubt the legislature will approve any other designs besides the current one. Pretty soon we're going to see that crappy ND logo driving around, while the Bison fans are stuck 185 below the quota.

WYOBISONMAN
10-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Come on you North Dakotans.........make it happen.......If I were still there they would be on all my vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!

somebison
10-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Come on you North Dakotans.........make it happen.......If I were still there they would be on all my vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you put one on your horse too?

WYOBISONMAN
10-03-2006, 05:50 AM

Would you put one on your horse too?

ABSOLUTELY......as long as it was OK with the Brand Inspector.......