PDA

View Full Version : New Sound System in the Dome!

chuckles
01-28-2007, 12:31 AM
While I was at the boat show this weekend I noticed many many new speakers hanging from the roof of the dome, with almost one speaker pointed into each section. There were also some more speakers around the concourse and even outside by the doors. Looks like they finally got the new system in, it better sound better than the previous one!

BisBison
01-28-2007, 01:45 AM
couldn't hurt could it?

NDSUFREAK10
01-28-2007, 02:26 AM
righteous!!!!+++++ Nice, that will be perfect.

sambini
01-28-2007, 02:34 AM
Now lets ROCK THE PLACE+++

NDSUFREAK10
01-28-2007, 04:07 AM

I'm gettin stoked for football season already.

TransAmBison
01-28-2007, 04:30 AM

I'm gettin stoked for football season already.
Went to the basketball game tonight and sat next to a high school classmate of mine. Seems the only time we ever see each other now is at Bison sports events. I think we were both getting more excited about the upcoming season the more we talked about it.

mikelsch
01-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Speaking of sound systems --> my clock radio sounds better, and less distorted, than the BSA...how embarassing

Looking forward to hearing the Bison football intro on the new dome sound system

BigBison
01-29-2007, 03:52 AM
Thats awesome, and i have to agree with the BSA sounds system i mean yuck! Oh well hopefully a new arena will fix that ;)

Herd Mentality
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Holy cow.... I hadn't heard about this.

"When the old loudspeakers were cut loose from the ceiling beams and lowered down, a shocking discovery was made: over half of them were stuffed with masking material! It seems that they were black when they were put up there, but later on they were painted Bison Green along with much of the gridwork up above. The drivers were stuffed with masking material so they didn't get coated in paint, and - oops - apparently most of them were never unmasked. "

Bisonguy
06-02-2007, 06:57 PM
If anyone is interested in the specifics, I found this article on the new sound system: http://svconline.com/largevenue/features/avinstall_sports_audio_adventures/

...........The Fargodome in Fargo, N.D., is another multi-use venue with demanding sound requirements. Owned by the city, the facility houses North Dakota State University football games, as well as regional high school football teams, and is set up to hold two basketball games simultaneously for annual collegiate tournaments. The facility — the largest such venue in the entire state — also hosts municipal events and commercial tradeshows, as well as theatrical productions.

“The orientation of the venue has to be able to change significantly, and that applies to the sound too,” says Dean Eberle, sales engineer with AVI Systems of Bismarck, N.D., which handled the systems integration in conjunction with acoustical consultant Bob Oswood of Synergistic Design Associates of Minneapolis. The Fargodome has 22 clusters of JBL PD series speakers and Crown CTs amplifiers positioned around the seating area, plus six more retractable clusters on motorized pulleys, all programmed with macros designed for each type of application..........