PDA

View Full Version : Future of NDSU athletic facilities

2006gwfcchamps
03-06-2007, 01:50 PM
First of all, let me ask an honest question:

assuming the new FD arena is built, does it make any sense whatsoever to have the basketball locker rooms at the BSA?

No, it doesn't.

Football has their locker rooms at the FD where they play their games.

Why shouldn't basketball be that way too?

The locker rooms at least should be in the same place that the sport is going to play its games.

IE, vball locker rooms at the BBFH. Fball locker rooms at the FD.

So with that said, here is what I think the future of NDSU athletic facilities is going to be:

Football:

games and locker room at the FD

2 new practice fields next to the BSA, something like this:

http://fieldturf.com/images/installs/webgood.jpg

Basketball:

games and locker room at the new FD arena

new practice gym at the BSA, something like this:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/fsu/galleries/BTC/basketball2-lg.jpg

Volleyball:

games, practice and locker room at the BBFH (same as before)

Soccer:

games at new soccer stadium where football practice fields are now, take the seating from around the track and move it to the new soccer stadium

new locker room at BSA

new practice field next to new stadium

track:

old BSA arena becomes new permanent indoor track fieldhouse, remove all wooden seating

outdoor track at Ellig

new locker rooms at BSA

softball:

new softball stadium at Ellig

new locker room at BSA

baseball:

newman field

new locker room at BSA

wrestling:

dual matches at old BSA arena

new locker room next to BSA wrestling room

Anyone else have thoughts or comments?

ACES1180
03-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Wow...Those football fields at Virginia look sweet!

DORMIE
03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Whether or not the addition is built onto the Dome, the BSA will still have a major job done on it. Both BB coaches will get new offices, a conference/theater area to watch film with staff or players and their own private practice court. Being that they will practice in the BSA, thier lockers should be there. This would be more that just our playing floor. It would just be a smaller venue than the Dome, but also munti purpose. This facility would be so awsome for SU and Fargo. I was in the new facility at UNI on Saturday. You can't believe how great it would be to have a similar facility here. Keep your fingers crossed.

2006gwfcchamps
03-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Why not put the practice gym at the new arena site, then?

Put the locker rooms and coaches offices/meeting rooms over there too.

Then the players won't have to run around everywhere.

sambini
03-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Whether or not the addition is built onto the Dome, the BSA will still have a major job done on it. *Both BB coaches will get new offices, a conference/theater area to watch film with staff or players and their own private practice court. *Being that they will practice in the BSA, thier lockers should be there. *This would be more that just our playing floor. *It would just be a smaller venue than the Dome, but also munti purpose. *This facility would be so awsome for SU and Fargo. *I was in the new facility at UNI on Saturday. *You can't believe how great it would be to have a similar facility here. *Keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks Dormie +++

TheBisonator
03-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Soccer:

games at new soccer stadium where football practice fields are now, take the seating from around the track and move it to the new soccer stadium

Don't make me barf. They're already trying to find a way to do away with the old shit bleachers at Schlanser Track (I've talked to Gene about it), there's no way in hell they would use them again at the new soccer fields. And besides, it's not a lot of money to construct a 2,000-seat modular bleacher set like they have at Fargo North High (or most high schools in this country) for the new soccer stadium, plus some landscaping around it. Don't think that they'll try to re-re-re-reuse the crap at the track field again. That idea is COMPLETELY idiotic.

I don't mean to offend you, but the thought that those old shit bleachers would still be used makes me want to pull my hair out. Are people REALLY that attached to old Dacotah Field?? Those things were originally built on the cheap by the city of Boston for the Patriots' temporary home. They have no value whatsoever, and frankly, very little sentimental value.

56BISON73
03-07-2007, 06:27 AM
"""Are people REALLY that attached to old Dacotah Field??""""

I guess if you never played there you wouldnt understand. When I came back last year the sight of the old stadium brought back a flood of memories.

But you are correct about the bleachers except for one thing. When they were brought in they were considered and upgarde to the current seating. PL

2006gwfcchamps
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
If they built new seating that would be fine too.

It was just the idea that came to mind. No big deal.

BvilleBison
03-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Why not put the new soccer stadium next to the BSA and use the old stands? Lockers could be upgraded for the ladies and the location is still better then the Bunker. I'm a young Bison, but I would agree that the old bleachers would be a great thing to keep around. New isn't always better.

cabis
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Soccer:

Don't make me barf. They're already trying to find a way to do away with the old shit bleachers at Schlanser Track (I've talked to Gene about it), there's no way in hell they would use them again at the new soccer fields. And besides, it's not a lot of money to construct a 2,000-seat modular bleacher set like they have at Fargo North High (or most high schools in this country) for the new soccer stadium, plus some landscaping around it. Don't think that they'll try to re-re-re-reuse the crap at the track field again. That idea is COMPLETELY idiotic.

I don't mean to offend you, but the thought that those old shit bleachers would still be used makes me want to pull my hair out. Are people REALLY that attached to old Dacotah Field?? Those things were originally built on the cheap by the city of Boston for the Patriots' temporary home. They have no value whatsoever, and frankly, very little sentimental value.

I know NJIT has taken a lot of flack lately but this reminds me of its soccer field. It about 1500-2000 modular seats with a smallish press box. It is directly adjacent to their BSA equivalent with lockers, weights, trainers etc. A beautiful lit field turf pitch and a landscaped area with picnic tables and benches. It is a great facility and I believe the NDSU-NJIT soccer game outdrew the men's basketball!
Other than the fact it is in Newark I would have to say it was the best facility I saw NDSU play in.

TheBisonator
03-07-2007, 08:55 PM
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/images/election2004/0928debatebush.jpg

Read my lips... NO USED BLEACHERS!!!

56BISON73
03-07-2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/images/election2004/0928debatebush.jpg

Read my lips... NO USED BLEACHERS!!!

Then may be you can explain where the money is going to come from since you want everything new? May be you can make a donation to the fund raising drive???? PL