PDA

View Full Version : Spring Game

BisonBryce
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
The Battlewagon will be tailgating for the spring game. Need to do spring cleaning in it and see if the grill and flags still work. 8-)

Anyone else in?

Till
04-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I'd like to say that the Green Monster will make it, but it's currently wintering behind a grain bin by Hunter, ND. I was hoping to bring it back this weekend, but "The Man" doesn't need much of an excuse to put a tow tag on it, especially with snow on the ground.

Bison_Pride_99
04-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Bryce,
I'll be at the game. Hoping to make it tailgaiting. Not sure yet how much time I will have. Got a colicy 1 mo. old so it just depends on how things are going at home.

tcbison
04-13-2007, 07:19 PM
The Battlewagon will be tailgating for the spring game. *Need to do spring cleaning in it and see if the grill and flags still work. * 8-)

Anyone else in?

I plan on making to the spring game. Hopefully we can hook up. I'll PM you more details.

NDFAN2
04-13-2007, 08:49 PM
The Battlewagon will be tailgating for the spring game. *Need to do spring cleaning in it and see if the grill and flags still work. * 8-)

Anyone else in?

I plan on making to the spring game. Hopefully we can hook up. I'll PM you more details.

tcbison - your reservations are confirmed. We'll have a great time!

TransAmBison
04-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Bisonbryce...you and Bisonsig going to have your grills? Or do we need to bring ours? The Mrs. and I will definitely be out there...Odoul's and all... (sigh) :)

MN_BISONS
04-14-2007, 06:16 PM
TransAmBison, I think you need to request one get out of jail free card for the spring game. ;D

TransAmBison
04-14-2007, 06:38 PM
TransAmBison, I think you need to request one get out of jail free card for the spring game. ;D
I got one of those...and only one...for the weekend after the spring game. Some college buddies are coming to Fargo for a three day weekend bender...ahhhh...good times! :)

TheDoctor
04-15-2007, 05:47 AM
Wish I could go! :( Brothers 4 day bachelor party at a resort in Brainard. :) Have fun! ;)

BisonBryce
04-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Bisonbryce...you and Bisonsig going to have your grills? Or do we need to bring ours? The Mrs. and I will definitely be out there...Odoul's and all... (sigh) :)

We will have both big grills in case the holland is sick again.

Yo
04-17-2007, 12:36 AM
No one feels the need for tailgating more than I do. But, keep in mind the Outback Scholarship Luncheon at noon. Tickets are $15 and the benefits are obvious. Bohl will say a few words before the game as to what to expect to see. So our plans are to tailgate before, check out the rummage sale & silent auction, go to the luncheon than the game. Maybe a little more tailgating afterword. This also means I don't have to worry if we have enough gas for the grill ;).

BisonBabe
04-17-2007, 03:13 AM
Okay this may be a dumb question but as I don't know the answer I will ask. Is there power in the tailgating area? We would like to start tailgating this year but most of my ideas for cooking involve having power. Crockpot recipies, blended drinks etc.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hammersmith
04-17-2007, 04:39 AM
Okay this may be a dumb question but as I don't know the answer I will ask. *Is there power in the tailgating area? *We would like to start tailgating this year but most of my ideas for cooking involve having power. *Crockpot recipies, blended drinks etc. *

I'd recommend getting a power inverter from a place like Sears or Radio Shack. They plug into a cigarette lighter(smaller) or attach to your car battery(larger) and convert the DC power into household standard 110V AC. They can range from 80 watt up to 750 watt and cost anywhere from $20-$80 depending on size and features. Check the wattage on the appliances you'd like to use(normally found on the bottom) and add up any you plan to use at the same time. For reference, my blender lists a 375 watt max and my crockpot is labeled at 200 watt. I could get by with a 375 watt inverter as long as I didn't try to use both devices at the same time or constantly run the blender at full power(the inverter would overheat and blow its fuse if it ran too long(10+ minutes) at its maximum power rating).

sambini
04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
No one feels the need for tailgating more than I do. But, keep in mind the Outback Scholarship Luncheon at noon. Tickets are $15 and the benefits are obvious. Bohl will say a few words before the game as to what to expect to see. So our plans are to tailgate before, check out the rummage sale & silent auction, go to the luncheon than the game. Maybe a little more tailgating afterword. This also means I don't have to worry if we have enough gas for the grill *;).
Proceeds benefit BISON scholarship fund+++++

TransAmBison
04-17-2007, 12:20 PM
I hope the luncheon is successful, but as for me...I'll be out there tailgating. *My wife told me the forecast is for rain all weekend! :( That kind of puts a damper on plans...might have to rethink strategies...

IDDUKES
04-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Okay this may be a dumb question but as I don't know the answer I will ask. *Is there power in the tailgating area? *We would like to start tailgating this year but most of my ideas for cooking involve having power. *Crockpot recipies, blended drinks etc. *

I'd recommend getting a power inverter from a place like Sears or Radio Shack. They plug into a cigarette lighter(smaller) or attach to your car battery(larger) and convert the DC power into household standard 110V AC. They can range from 80 watt up to 750 watt and cost anywhere from $20-$80 depending on size and features. Check the wattage on the appliances you'd like to use(normally found on the bottom) and add up any you plan to use at the same time. For reference, my blender lists a 375 watt max and my crockpot is labeled at 200 watt. I could get by with a 375 watt inverter as long as I didn't try to use both devices at the same time or constantly run the blender at full power(the inverter would overheat and blow its fuse if it ran too long(10+ minutes) at its maximum power rating).

Hammer, with the inverter do you have to constantly run your vehicle or do you just start it every so often? *Thanks

Till
04-17-2007, 04:11 PM
We bought an inverter for the van. *It was originally meant to power the TV and playstation for the road trip from Greeley, but since then it's been great for crock pots full of chili. *We wanted to use an electric frying pan, but ours couldn't quite handle it.

You will probably want to start the vehicle up every so often and let it run for a bit. *I know that we had to jump start the van once before we learned that lesson.

Although in terms of the Green Monster that's not too bad. *I know the people tailgating next to us at Rapid Park in Minneapolis enjoyed the back fire *;D

Also, since our van doesn't have a cigarette lighter we bought an inverter that would allow us to slip a connector right on the battery terminal.

BisonBabe
04-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Hammer, with the inverter do you have to constantly run your vehicle or do you just start it every so often? *Thanks

Okay another question. We have a small generator that we use for camping would this be something we could use? Or are they not allowed?

WYOBISONMAN
04-17-2007, 09:14 PM

Okay another question. *We have a small generator that we use for camping would this be something we could use? *Or are they not allowed?

I have seen nothing that would prohibit a generator, I guess if i were bringing one I would get one of those quiet Hondas. They may complain about a loud one with a 2 cycle motor.....

Bisonguy
04-17-2007, 09:44 PM

If you can't cook it on a grill, it's not worth bringing to tailgating. ;)

As far as blended drinks-

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Pod/00/59/34/p005934sq02.jpg
If you must have blended drinks, this is the ticket.

There's a couple different companies that make these.

Hammersmith
04-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Regarding generators:

The best way to answer that is with a question: If you were trying to have a conversation within 5 to 10 feet of your generator while it's running, could you talk normally or would you have to shout? If you would have to shout, then you probably shouldn't use it while tailgating except for occasional brief instances. If you could talk normally, then it should be okay. Also, consider whether it generates any strong fumes or exhaust. Gassing your tailgating neighbors is considered poor manners. *;)

Regarding power inverters and running your vehicle:

It boils down to three things: the size and condition of your battery, the amount of energy consumed by your appliance, and the length of time you use said appliance. If you've got a brand new 1250 CCA battery and you're going to use a electric can opener a couple of times, then starting up your car/truck is not really needed. On the other hand, if you plan to microwave 12 bags of popcorn or use a hotplate to bring 24 quarts of gumbo to a boil using only a 350 CCA battery that's on its last legs, running the engine is probably a good idea. If you're going to run a high wattage appliance like a microwave or a hotplate/electric skillet, I would go ahead and start the engine and run it until you're finished with the appliance. If you're using a low or medium wattage appliance for extended periods, like a crockpot or hotplate on low, then I would run the engine for 5 or 10 minutes out of every half hour. No matter what, I would bring along a set of jumper cables just in case, and I would try to start my vehicle about a half hour before I planned to walk over to the Fargodome. That gives you plently of time to get a jump and charge your battery if it's dead.

TxBisonFan
04-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Got a text message from BJ. He saw a Bison bus in Minot last Saturday. Had North Dakota State and the alternative logo on the back. Any ideas which one it is? Wish I could be there Saturday!!

Bisonguy
04-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Got a text message from BJ. *He saw a Bison bus in Minot last Saturday. *Had North Dakota State and the alternative logo on the back. *Any ideas which one it is? *Wish I could be there Saturday!!

Is that the new one from Jay Hight that was on the news??

TheDoctor
04-18-2007, 03:35 AM
Got a text message from BJ. *He saw a Bison bus in Minot last Saturday. *Had North Dakota State and the alternative logo on the back. *Any ideas which one it is? *Wish I could be there Saturday!!

Is that the new one from Jay Hight that was on the news??

I think so because that had the new alternative logo.

99Bison
04-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Regarding generators:

The best way to answer that is with a question: If you were trying to have a conversation within 5 to 10 feet of your generator while it's running, could you talk normally or would you have to shout? If you would have to shout, then you probably shouldn't use it while tailgating except for occasional brief instances. If you could talk normally, then it should be okay. Also, consider whether it generates any strong fumes or exhaust. Gassing your tailgating neighbors is considered poor manners. ;)

Regarding power inverters and running your vehicle:

It boils down to three things: the size and condition of your battery, the amount of energy consumed by your appliance, and the length of time you use said appliance. If you've got a brand new 1250 CCA battery and you're going to use a electric can opener a couple of times, then starting up your car/truck is not really needed. On the other hand, if you plan to microwave 12 bags of popcorn or use a hotplate to bring 24 quarts of gumbo to a boil using only a 350 CCA battery that's on its last legs, running the engine is probably a good idea. If you're going to run a high wattage appliance like a microwave or a hotplate/electric skillet, I would go ahead and start the engine and run it until you're finished with the appliance. If you're using a low or medium wattage appliance for extended periods, like a crockpot or hotplate on low, then I would run the engine for 5 or 10 minutes out of every half hour. No matter what, I would bring along a set of jumper cables just in case, and I would try to start my vehicle about a half hour before I planned to walk over to the Fargodome. That gives you plently of time to get a jump and charge your battery if it's dead.

How about just bring an extra battery or two and run it off that... Then Charge em during the week.

99Bison
04-18-2007, 04:33 PM
BB, great avatar and tag line on it!

BisonBabe
04-19-2007, 12:11 AM

Thanks ;)

sambini
04-19-2007, 03:07 AM
++++++++++++

NDSUFREAK10
04-21-2007, 04:17 AM
HEYYY!!!! BISONBABE has made it on to BISONville. Jump over from AGS. WELCOME

sambini
04-21-2007, 05:30 AM
THOR WILL BE THERE WITH THE BISON TAILGATING VAN POWERED BY BUDWEISER AND THE TRAILER. TIP ONE FOR GOOFYS MEMORY ON SATURDAY.