PDA

View Full Version : Lions All-Star Basketball Classic

NDSBISON04
07-17-2003, 08:59 PM
This is the High School Annual All-Star Game held each year between the Class A and Class B Teams. This year in bismarck Class B laid the smack down on Class A with a 92-72 victory. In the second game Class A claimed revenge with a 84-77 victory. Looking at NDSU Andrew Browns stats:

The big guy did well overall.

Andrew Brown led the Class A scorers with 10 points in the first game and in the second game he had 4 points.

Craig Nelson probably played the best there with 21 in game one and 15 in game two. Wouldn't doubt if he was the MVP.

Just an update.

JBB
07-17-2003, 11:16 PM
I havent been around ND much lately and I thought they had stopped playing that game. But, that's why it was loved so much. Class B is definately the D2 of ND high school BB. I love it when they win.

SDSUFAN
07-21-2003, 06:23 PM
If there is one thing that caused me to loose interest in South Dakota high school basketball it was the going from Class A and B to Class AA, A and B. *The B used to have more competition and to get to the State Tourney at Huron, *a Class B team usually had to win 3 district games and 2 regionals. Of course those days were before school consolidation. *But the B tourney at the Huron Arena used to out draw the Class A tourney that was held the following week. Schools like Miller, Milbank and Sisseton were marginally Class A before the change and could not compete against Watertown so that was why the change was made.
No all star game, but lots of folks thought there should be on.

NDSBISON04
07-22-2003, 04:26 PM
SDSU FAN,

South Dakota is harder to follow with three divisions. When u have team that can barely play with other schools, schools are forced to make the moves they do. It happens in a lot of states and yes it makes it less interesting.