PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Brown

NDSBISON04
06-22-2003, 01:58 AM
Who is this guy??
Any info on this recruit??

Bisonguy
06-27-2003, 04:45 AM
This is all that was on the official Bison site: (http://www.gobison.com/mens/basketball/index.cgi?id=2333)

ANDREW BROWN of Dickinson (ND) High School who signed last week

mojobison
06-27-2003, 05:38 AM
Dunno much about him except that he's a 6'7 forward who is fast, physical and can jump. Can't remember who said it, but Miles sees a lot of potential in him.

NDSBISON04
07-01-2003, 05:56 PM
I think this player will be a banger if they need one. I think he is gonna need time to develop because right now he is raw. I don't think that he will be a Denver Tenbroek though.

tony
07-01-2003, 08:22 PM
You're dead on in your comments. I've heard he's raw too and there are not many Denver TenBroek's out there.

I like that Miles is willing to develop players though.

NDSBISON04
07-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Andrew Brown is one of those projects. Hopefully Miles can develop this player for the D1 level. Andrew is gonna have to bang with the big boys and for that a lot of patience and steady work is going to be needed. In Class A Basketbal I really didn't hear too much from Andrew, because most of the attention was on Koenig and Hysjulien(Grand Forks Central). Best of luck to Andrew and Coach Miles in their new chapter of college basketball.

NDSBISON04
07-08-2003, 08:17 PM
I wonder if he is looking to redshirt. At Dickinson High School, I don't think he was All-State. They had two other guys who were all-staters but I dont remember Andrew being there. Miles really liked him after watching the state tournament. So maybe he will out as time goes on.

NDSBISON04
07-25-2003, 09:01 PM
To anybody on this board, Would u guys agree with me that I think that Andrew Brown may have not got a scholarship right away, but he may as the season progesses. The reason why I say this is because from the football board I heard that NDSU isn't big into signing in-state guys to scholarships right away and I would wonder why NDSU would sign him to a scholarship right away, especially with Erbes, and Theis arriving. To me it wouldn't make sense any other way

mojobison
07-27-2003, 02:33 PM
If they announced his signing, he got some sort of scholarship.

SDSUFAN
07-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Mr. Brown may have gotten an academic scholarship and what was said about in-state kids having to prove them-selves may be very true, unless their the top guy in North Dakota.
I dont know beans about scholarships, academic kind, at NDSU but I am sure they have something similar to what SDSU has in that if your ACT is between 24 and 28, you qualify for a Jackrabbit Guarenteed scholarship of 1000 bucks a year and the student has to maintain a certain grade point average. We got a good baseball Player a few years back from near Mankato with this type of scholarship.
We did not have much baseball scholarship money and we beat out MSU-Mankota on what we could offer.
I would think the NDSU Foundation would have something similar. Also the family income level sometimes qualifies one for a Pell Grant.