Brian Atkins (Concord)
Matt Jones (South Dakota State)
Austin Nichols (Humboldt State)
Spencer Ross (Queens, N.C.)
Brian Westre (Missouri-Rolla)
Honorable Mention
(West Region Selections)
Jeff Bonds (Cal Poly Pomona)
Jonathan Levy (Cal State San Bernardino)
Terri Miller (Cal State Bakersfield)

JACKGUY
10-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Jacks are loaded with talent and experience. Anything less than a Elite 8 appearance will be considered a dissapointment with the group they have. They play #3 Tampa in Brookings! Would love to leave DII with a National Championship like the women had last year. Any speculation on how the Bison will be?

BisonMav
10-01-2003, 07:31 PM
The Bison lost their Franchise player last year in Denver Tenbroek. *The recruits and transfers look promising, along with some good returning players. *

The women will be good as usual. *They have the height and ball handling. *SDSU had some strong players last year that cleared out our tall players under the basket.

89rabbit
10-01-2003, 10:06 PM
I think you guys are looking at last years preseason polls. *Street and Smith have the Jacks 5 this year and USD is 8th. *That site you are looking at is always a little slow during the off season.

BASKETBALL: South Dakota State is ranked fifth and South Dakota eighth in Street & Smith's NCAA Division II men's basketball Top 10 preseason rankings. The publication also tabbed USD senior Tommie King as a first-team preseason All-American, while SDSU's Matt Jones was named to the second team and USD junior Josh Mueller received honorable mention

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Wednesdayarticle5.shtml

Go SDSU!

BisonMav
10-02-2003, 01:10 PM
I updated my original post with the current Street and Smith's Poll.