PDA

View Full Version : The BSA

Bisonguy
10-31-2003, 03:14 AM
I heard on WDAY AM today that an architectural firm in Kansas City is working on the planning and cost estimates for the remodelling of the BSA. Gene Taylor said that it would probably be in the $8-10 million range. New improvements would include new seating ;D, new weightroom, new offices, new training facilities and other things I forgot. Fund raising will begin this winter.

roadwarrior
10-31-2003, 03:32 AM
You mean we are going to lose those nice soft pine seats on the east side ?? ;D

Bisonguy
10-31-2003, 03:49 AM
You mean we are going to lose those nice soft pine seats on the east side ?? *;D

Yup, the new bleachers will be birch or maple ;). Taylor did make a comment about the seating. Something along the lines of "We know that it's not comfortable sitting on the bleachers watching two consecutive games." I think one game on the bleachers is one too many.

wfduck
10-31-2003, 12:54 PM
and put in the budget some money for a hat and gloves. when they open that big garage door on the north side. i get frost bite

siouxmenow
11-02-2003, 07:24 AM
wow...let's see...8-10 million to redo the BSA on top of what it will take for the move to DI (scholarships...travel...a new diamond studded strap-on for Amy...) WOW - talk about biting off more than you can chew at one time! Seriously, BEST OF LUCK WITH THE FUND DRIVE!! Considering you've been shopping the naming rights to the FargoBarn for 3 YEARS now with NO takers should be a bit of a wake up call that Bison athletics isn't QUITE the hot commodity all you think it is...Can I still buy a "suite" in the dome by the way??? I'm guessing I can...they used to call it a season ticket...

MN_BISONS
11-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Since when has NDSU been trying to sell naming rights to the Fargodome? It's owned by the city, so I don't see how the university could sell the naming rights. At least the Fargodome makes money, unlike that tin shed you call a football stadium. I think you should worry more about where you are going to make your money since Uncle Ralph is no longer with us and you better pray that the people in DC keep the base open because if they don't, that sad little city will be dead. Classy comment about Amy by the way. At least she's not out hitting the bong with her players like Gene used to do in his baseball coaching days and that is a fact. :o

BisonMav
11-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Is there anyone from UND that has "CLASS".

Posted by: siouxmenow Posted on: Today at 1:24am
The last post by siouxmenow is just one in a long line of low life post by the resentful und fans. I am not even going to quote them here. This ranks right down there with siouxrock and originalsiouxrock. This person must have just left the hockey game. How low can they go.

NDSU_grad
11-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Considering the last fund drive led by Chapman exceeded expectations, I really don't think we'd have any trouble this time. The best thing is that all of this will come from private money. We won't have to whining to the state legislature to get what we want.

siouxmenow
11-03-2003, 06:54 AM
Since when has NDSU been trying to sell naming rights to the Fargodome? *It's owned by the city, so I don't see how the university could sell the naming rights. *At least the Fargodome makes money, unlike that tin shed you call a football stadium. *I think you should worry more about where you are going to make your money since Uncle Ralph is no longer with us and you better pray that the people in DC keep the base open because if they don't, that sad little city will be dead. *Classy comment about Amy by the way. *At least she's not out hitting the bong with her players like Gene used to do in his baseball coaching days and that is a fact. *:o

siouxmenow
11-03-2003, 06:56 AM
dude!! GENE ROEBUCK smoking pot??? I WISH!! I think that's what he's needed for YEARS!! It would at least loosen his sphincter a bit...Please tell me the story...I'm dying here...

siouxmenow
11-03-2003, 06:57 AM
Since when has NDSU been trying to sell naming rights to the Fargodome? *It's owned by the city, so I don't see how the university could sell the naming rights. *At least the Fargodome makes money, unlike that tin shed you call a football stadium. *I think you should worry more about where you are going to make your money since Uncle Ralph is no longer with us and you better pray that the people in DC keep the base open because if they don't, that sad little city will be dead. *Classy comment about Amy by the way. *At least she's not out hitting the bong with her players like Gene used to do in his baseball coaching days and that is a fact. *:o

siouxmenow
11-03-2003, 07:04 AM
uuuhhh...ask Erv! YES they've been trying and sell the naming rights to the FargoDome for years!! DUHHH!!! The Alerus is owned by the city of GF too...I guess they figured out the $3 million dollars GF got from Alerus Financial for their rights PLUS the 90%+ sellout of THEIR suites brought in some $$$...not like you jokers that figured out nearly 10 years after the fact that suites were a good idea...then took some prime ticket holder seats and sold them as "SUITES"...or are at least trying to sell them...BTW - I see the Bisexuals are still on the OUTSIDE looking in on the playoffs. THE FUNNIEST PART IS...with your big move to DI - you might be able to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the FargoBarn with the possibily of the playoff game...while the Alerus will have hosted at least 4 games in its 3rd year....HAIL THE BISON LOSERS!!!

siouxmenow
11-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Hey BisonMav...don't resent me for feeling THAT way about Amy. She's a hell of a coach! I don't care which way she "swings". Frankly - I'd rather have her than Roebuck but what can you do...

siouxmenow
11-03-2003, 07:07 AM
at least I can spell...

BisonMav
11-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Hey BisonMav...don't resent me for feeling THAT way about Amy. *She's a hell of a coach! *I don't care which way she "swings". *Frankly - I'd rather have her than Roebuck but what can you do...

I would rather pray for you siouxmenow than resent you. You have nothing I want or need.

Bisonfan1234
11-03-2003, 04:13 PM
uuuhhh...ask Erv! *YES they've been trying and sell the naming rights to the FargoDome for years!! DUHHH!!! *The Alerus is owned by the city of GF too...I guess they figured out the $3 million dollars GF got from Alerus Financial for their rights PLUS the 90%+ sellout of THEIR suites brought in some $$$...not like you jokers that figured out nearly 10 years after the fact that suites were a good idea...then took some prime ticket holder seats and sold them as "SUITES"...or are at least trying to sell them...BTW - I see the Bisexuals are still on the OUTSIDE looking in on the playoffs. THE FUNNIEST PART IS...with your big move to DI - you might be able to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the FargoBarn with the possibily of the playoff game...while the Alerus will have hosted at least 4 games in its 3rd year....HAIL THE BISON LOSERS!!!

Hmm...if this is true that is disheartening...we should be able to sell the naming rights. Perhaps the Wells Fargo Dome?

Bisonguy
11-03-2003, 10:06 PM
Actually, the Fargodome has been looking for naming rights. They almost had a deal a year or so ago, but the company pulled out at the last minute. The Fargodome, unlike the Alerus, isn't latching onto the first company to throw a couple dollars their way. They're holding out for more money, because the Fargodome actually makes a profit, unlike the Alerus, which is in the red and is a tax burden upon the city of Grand Forks. The Fargodome even has reserve money from profits in case they don't turn a profit.

MN_BISONS
11-04-2003, 03:01 AM
The Fargodome has had suites since day one, they just added more recently. As for NDSU selling the rights, I don't think that is true, but I have nothing to back that up with. I do know that Irv did sell the rights to Newman Outdoor and that was built with money from the city and SU with the agreement that NDSU would sell the naming rights. I don't doubt the city may have tried to sell the rights to the dome though. The tin shed on the prairie sold its name, but I don't think UND had anything to do with that, it was the dity of GF. It wouldn't surprise me if UND did help in selling the rights though, it wouldn't be the first time they sold out for money.

As for Gene, well all I will say about that is I knew several UND baseball players back when I was at SU and that's what they said. Remember, I said it was back in his baseball coaching days, which were in the early 90's.

BisonBizzo
11-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Bisonguy is right... The fargodome did try to sell the naming rights and they did have one or more potential buyers... I don't know what happened...

dnk
11-04-2003, 03:19 PM
That big FARGODOME sign they put on the dome was
not cheap. I wonder if they decided to pull the naming
rights off the market and keep it the FARGODOME?.

Bisonfan1234
11-04-2003, 04:06 PM
If that's true that seems very foolish. They could have got a big name sponser and alot of money.