PDA

View Full Version : let the games begin

wfduck
11-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Men travel to Northern State Saturday for a huge game to tip off the season. They beat some washed up D1 players on a Saturday night exhibition. *John Banks pulled in 11 boards, but I'm not convinced the men have enough size to really put up a big season.

Last year NSU beat SU in a great game.

Women are ranked #16 with SDSU #1 USD #3 and some team from Grand Forks ahead of them. I think the women with Fricke, Johnson, Lorenz, Froehlich and Klabo should be able to gain some ground against USD and SDSU this year.

BisonMav
11-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Don't forget Brandee Gibbs, a 6'4" transfer from Ohio State.

The big thing the Bison needed to work on was strength under the boards. Strength is why SDSU won a National Championship last year. The Bison have great height, just need to get stronger.

wfduck
11-10-2003, 12:44 PM
Don't forget Brandee Gibbs, a 6'4" transfer from Ohio State.

The big thing the Bison needed to work on was strength under the boards. *Strength is why SDSU won a National Championship last year. *The Bison have great height, just need to get stronger. *

ahhh yes. I did forget. I can't wait to see how another year for the herd helps them. It was clear that SDSU had the edge in confidence and strength. But this year...who knows??????

roadwarrior
11-11-2003, 12:19 AM
Dont forget the Dahlen twins from Fargo North on the women's team this year.

Bisonguy
11-11-2003, 12:38 AM
the duck,

Why aren't you talking about Charyl Weingarten? She transferred from Oregon. ::) ;D

The Lady Bison have some DI talent this year. Should be a great year.

BisonMav
11-11-2003, 12:55 AM
Phil Hansen's sister Alison

wfduck
11-11-2003, 01:54 AM
the duck,

Why aren't you talking about Charyl Weingarten? She transferred from Oregon. *::) ;D

Haven't see her, Ali Hansen or the Dahlen sisters play

Are Katie, Kayla and Ali red-shirting?

BisonMav
11-14-2003, 12:30 PM
Looks like Hansen is redshirting.
The Dahlens are competing for starting spots.
Should be a great year.
Bison Women (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=44043)

JACKGUY
11-24-2003, 07:15 PM
NDSU has a tough game this weekend against Cal Poly Ponoma a top 5 rated team.

somebison
11-24-2003, 10:27 PM
NDSU has a tough game this weekend against Cal Poly Ponoma a top 5 rated team.

From their stats it appears SU needs to hit some shots they are shooting .366 from the field this year http://gobison.jumpinteractive.com/mens/basketball/stats/index.html...
not going to win many games that way, also they are getting killed in the second half this year

SCORE BY PERIODS: 1st 2nd Total
------------------------------ ---- ---- ----
North Dakota State............ 76 86 - 162
Opponents..................... 88 121 - 209

I don't know what is going on, but they do have alot of new faces and are dealing with some injuries hopefully they can get their stuff together and compete well in the conference