PDA

View Full Version : BSA Renovation??

somebison
11-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Is there any new news on the future of the BSA? I remember seeing some threads on it some time ago, but haven't heard anything lately. I see Northern Iowa is in the process of building a new building for basketball, vb, wrestling etc.
http://www.unipanthers.com/athletics/pages/mcleod/index.asp
I think if we could build something similar and just use the BSA for track, indoor baseball, softball practice, weight training etc. that would be great. Also a new BB facility would help our conference hunt as it could be used for hosting tourney's etc.

Bisonfan1234
12-11-2003, 07:41 PM
This sounds like a great idea to me. Only $15 million is needed so it's definately do-able for us.

Bisonguy
12-11-2003, 09:37 PM
The BSA is receiving an update as part of the $70 something million fundraising campaign at NDSU. I believe the BSA portion was around $20 million.

There's huge speculation on my part, but I think the Fargodome may build a small venue arena (Alerus sized ;D), that would make a perfect place for Bison BB/VB and that other sport from canadia if NDSU decides to add it within ten years. I think this may be the reason that NDSU is not worried about replacing the BSA at the moment. There's already a synergistic relationship with NDSU and the Fargodome, and the FB offices have been talked about moving to the Fargodome.

JBB
12-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Thats an excellent idea and has been discussed by the Dome Authority. Usually when this idea comes up an ice sheet is part of the plan, but Fargo is in desperate need of a 8-10,000 seat arena, ice or no ice. The Alerious is a smaller venue. The satillite venue for the Fargo Dome would have a much easier time competing for events, especially if it had good major tenants like BISON BB.

Bisonguy
12-12-2003, 04:59 AM
Correction from my above post- The BSA renovation is slated at $15 million.

wfduck
12-14-2003, 04:18 AM
Thats an excellent idea and has been discussed by the Dome Authority. *Usually when this idea comes up an ice sheet is part of the plan, but Fargo is in desperate need of a 8-10,000 seat arena, ice or no ice. *The Alerious is a smaller venue. *The satillite venue for the Fargo Dome would have a much easier time competing for events, especially if it had good major tenants like BISON BB. *
no offense JBB but as tax paying citizen of Fargo. I don't want to see another dime of public money put into the Fargodome.

When we voted on it circa 1989 we were sold that hockey WOULD be in the dome with this tax period.

i'm in favor if its no new taxes

Bisonfan1234
12-14-2003, 06:53 PM
Duck, you are most definately right.

The citizens are never taxed when a business needs a new office building, so why should they be taxed for a stadium?

I think, however, that NDSU is raising this money itself, so no worries.

WYOBISONMAN
12-17-2003, 06:46 PM
As a resident of Wyoming.....I am supportive of any and all additional taxes in Fargo.... ;)