PDA

View Full Version : Hoops News

BisonMav
11-29-2003, 04:22 PM
Nice games by both men and women last night.

Men almost upset the #5 Team. The men have had a tough schedule so far.
Cal-Pamona (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=44948)

Women won easily. They play highly rated Bentley tonight.
Chadron (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=44946)

BisonMav
11-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Good game by the Bison Women, defeating #2 Bentley.

Bentley Game (http://gobison.jumpinteractive.com/news/index.cgi?id=829)

wfduck
12-01-2003, 11:43 AM
Sue eek out a win against the Beavers........
men lay another egg.........
women need some consistency

I've been squawking about Bison Big Men and the need of more. Uof Mary has a 7' center-and yes he can play.

Mohall ND high school goes 6'7, 6'6 6'3. they would matchup well vs NDSU :P

NDSU_grad
12-01-2003, 02:36 PM
Sue eek out a win against the Beavers........
men lay another egg.........
women need some consistency

I've been squawking about Bison Big Men and the need of more. Uof Mary has a 7' center-and yes he can play.

Mohall ND high school goes 6'7, 6'6 6'3. they would matchup well vs NDSU :P

The Yellowjackets have always had tall teams. When I was a senior their front line was 6'6, 6'5, 6,4. One of those guys ended up playing basketball at Northern St. and another played football for the Bison. Alot of fun I tell you.

wfduck
12-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Pankratz boys?
I'm not taking shots at Mohall at all. A quick look through the ND Hoopster and Central Cass also goes 6'8 6'7 6'4

Lucas Moorman from Dickinson 6'9
Verdow is 6'8

I liken it to the Great Les Jepson. There is a need for height in all basketball programs. Major college will take any 7'0 with a heart beat. NDSU should find away to get at least a couple 6'9 6"10 ballers on the court

NDSU_grad
12-02-2003, 01:23 AM
Pankratz boys?
I'm not taking shots at Mohall at all. A quick look through the ND Hoopster and Central Cass also goes 6'8 6'7 6'4

Lucas Moorman from Dickinson 6'9
Verdow is 6'8

I liken it to the Great Les Jepson. There is a need for height in all basketball programs. Major college will take any 7'0 with a heart beat. NDSU should find away to get at least a couple 6'9 6"10 ballers on the court

Actually, the Pankratz boys are my cousins, but they're not from Mohall. Dustin Undlin and Brady Oberholtzer were two of the guys I was talking about. ND seems like they've produced quite a few good big men over the years; the Vliem (sp) boys from Hettinger, Matt Clooten from Beulah, Brandon Badding, the Pankratz boys, etc.

wfduck
12-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Actually, the Pankratz boys are my cousins, but they're not from Mohall. *Dustin Undlin and Brady Oberholtzer were two of the guys I was talking about. *ND seems like they've produced quite a few good big men over the years; the Vliem (sp) boys from Hettinger, Matt Clooten from Beulah, Brandon Badding, the Pankratz boys, etc.

North Dakota isn't not barren when it comes to BIG guys.

Jon Godfread is a 7' playing garbage minutes at UNI...Nathan Monroe 7' at UMary is a Bismarck kid(i think) Jared Wells at UND is ND...etc...etc...

I would've hoped Tylar Koenig thought about NDSU vs Wisconsin Green Bay....can't belive exposure/money is that much better at one of the many "other schools" for Wisconsin.

Don't forget Doug Swenson from Halliday who played at Creighton...I'm sure the list goes on.....

Flintstone
12-02-2003, 11:09 PM
I played HS ball against Clooten (Sp.) from Buelah, Both Vleims from Hettinger and Swenson form Halliday. Swenson and Jesse Vleim (The younger of the two) were the only two out of that group who had better than average ball skills. The others were just big and athletic, not very good "Basketball" players. Swenson was a beast, too bad he didn't have a little more meat on his bones (one of the skinniest kids I ever knew). He could have been a force at a major DI school.

NDSU_grad
12-03-2003, 01:11 AM
I'm actually watching Tyler Koenig play right now, as Wisconsin-GB is playing Iowa. He doesn't start, but looks like he gets quite a bit of playing time, averaging about 6 ppg early in the season.

IowaBison
12-03-2003, 01:34 AM
Are you in Iowa, NDSU grad?

I've got the same game on.

dnk
12-03-2003, 04:23 AM
Anyone know anything about Kyle Nelson from Buxton?
He is a 6' 9" freshman playing at Moorhead State. I
watched him play against Concordia last night. Great
composure and hard worker, not afraid to mix it up
underneath. I wondered why he wasn't at NDSU or
UND.

wfduck
12-03-2003, 11:33 AM
Nelson won a state Championship with Mayville, in fact it may have been back to back state championships. At 6'9 I really can't tell you why he isnt wearing Green and Gold. Even if he was a "project"

how did he look?

BisonMav
12-03-2003, 12:57 PM
I saw him play in High School. He was a nice player. When I saw him, he didn't look as active or athletic as an Evan Lindall did in High School. He did have more determination. He also was playing against playing against guys 5-6" shorter. He has potential.

NDSU_grad
12-03-2003, 02:28 PM
Are you in Iowa, NDSU grad?

I've got the same game on.

I live in Ames. I'm a grad student at Iowa State (Agronomy).

NDSU_grad
12-03-2003, 02:29 PM
I saw Kyle Nelson play when he was a junior. I wasn't impressed, and I thought Adam Grant was a much better player. I'm a little biased though since Adam played for my high school alma mater.

IowaBison
12-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Are your initials r p by any chance NDSU grad?

NDSU_grad
12-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Are your initials r p by any chance NDSU grad?

You win the prize. I've got an inkling who you are, but I'm not quite sure.

nsufan
12-03-2003, 03:06 PM
We really like Adam Grant here at NSU. I've yet to see another player who works as hard and hustle's as much.

NDSU_grad
12-03-2003, 04:19 PM
We really like Adam Grant here at NSU. *I've yet to see another player who works as hard and hustle's as much. *

I think what really hurt Adam during his recruting was his drinking-related suspension during his senior year. He probably would have been a Mr. Basketball candidate in ND if not for that. I really wish NDSU would have given him some serious consideration. My cousin also played for NSU (Ross Pankratz).

nsufan
12-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Ross was a good player. NSU in the past has been able to recruit some really good players from ND. Ross, Dustin Undlin, Scott Hanson (was a really good point guard when he was healthy), Jeremy Vliem.

wfduck
12-03-2003, 08:01 PM
I think what really hurt Adam during his recruting was his drinking-related suspension during his senior year. *He probably would have been a Mr. Basketball candidate in ND if not for that. *I really wish NDSU would have given him some serious consideration. *My cousin also played for NSU (Ross Pankratz).

I guess in this day and age I would hope a drinking violation high school wouldn't dim the recruiting light on a player. The only difference between him and 70% of the HS players is that he was caught....

BisonMav
12-20-2003, 02:50 AM
Men cruise past Dickinson State.