PDA

View Full Version : St. Cloud article

tony
01-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Not that interesting. A lot different attitude in St. Cloud than in UNDworld though.

St. Cloud Times article FANS WARY OF NCC CHANGE (http://miva.sctimes.com/miva/cgi-bin/miva?CMN/Sports/read.mv+20040109114924+1+8)

St. Cloud has fans? Who knew? They sound like good fans to boot.

The link will probably stop working soon as they will move the story to the archive within a couple hours.

huskies679
01-10-2004, 04:56 AM
Fans of SCSU will miss the trip to Fargo. In the Times article, the break up of the NCC sounds like a funeral. We don't want NDSU out of the NCC but we understand that it is a step forward for you guys. So good luck.

Yes Tony we do have fans I wish we had more, but SCSU Basketball has a loyal following. 3700 tonight including a hundred or so vocal NDSU fans. Tonight was a battle of two average teams.

JBB
01-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Well, the BISON werent average. They were good. It was a good win for us. Something we can build on. The women had no trouble and the men played a complete game that showed inside strength. Tonight we have Mankato. They won last night too. last nights crowd was great. almost 4,000. Thats twice the normal football crowd. St. Cloud people like to play inside. Too bad the St. Cloud Dome didnt pass.

huskies679
01-11-2004, 07:48 PM
JBB I stand corrected! NDSU is above average after beating in MSU in Makato. And yes, it is too bad the dome did not pass. I don't know if SCSU will ever draw for football but now that the new field is on campus we will find out. St Cloud is a good basketball and hockey town, 4300 last night and hockey draws 5500/night. I think UND had less fans than NDSU had in St Cloud.

mojobison
01-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Be glad you have an outdoor stadium. It's easier to expand the seating. The Huskies are going to thrive in the new NCC.