PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota Game

BisonMav
01-17-2004, 03:13 PM
USD could be dangerous tonight, three strait conference losses. Hopefully the Bison can accomodate the Coyotes in their quest to go belly-up this season. They were rated #3 in the preseason Division II poll.

JBB
01-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Both South Dakota teams have stumbled early. SDSU lost to Mankato last night. Thats 2 for them.

D
01-17-2004, 08:05 PM
USD appears to be a program in complete disarray. Mueller was terrrible last night and was complaining to officials more then ever, and that is a mouthful. King was a blackhole the entire night. The thing NDSU needs to worry about is Paben and the problems he will cause the Bison in particular. He is a great shooter and a tough match-up because he is 6-7 or 6-8, plays outside, and is really their 2-guard as for most of the game last night they went with Mueller, King, Paben, Anderson, and some other big guy. Their defense was very lazy at times. The Bison will win as long as they can take advantage of their gigantic quickness advantage on the perimeter.

BisonMav
01-18-2004, 01:37 AM
Tough loss for the Bison Women.
71-69

Bison Men up by 10 at the half: 42-32

BisonMav
01-18-2004, 03:42 AM
4-0 in the NCC Bison win 89-74

Bison_Kent
01-18-2004, 04:03 AM
It is looking like SDSU is going to lose #3 in the conference. St. Clould leads 72-68 right now late in the 2nd half (1:00 or so left).

I can't believe the Bison men are this good. Coach Miles has to be given a lot of credit getting the team turned around from the horrid start.

Tough test in SDSU but Augustana shouldn't be too tough.

JBB
01-18-2004, 04:32 AM
SDSU and und both lose. UNO beats und on a last second hoop. Beating SCSU and Mankato on the road was huge.

NDSU_grad
01-18-2004, 04:36 AM
Anybody care to wager a guess as to the last time the Bison men were 4-0 in the NCC? Maybe one of the Billeter teams, I don't know.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2004, 05:38 AM
~amazing...the men are not only winning games, but they are clearly showing they are the better team..... :o.....much luv out to Myles..Im soo glad he's here, and hopefully to stay for awhile....

Bisonfan1234
01-18-2004, 05:39 AM
NDSU, 2004 D2 Men's Basketball National Champions.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2004, 05:44 AM
NDSU, 2004 D2 Men's Basketball National Champions.

~Im jumping on the bandwagon...I gotta lotta luv for this team......kinda ironic me saying that with how they looked aweful at the start of the season....

roadwarrior
01-18-2004, 07:53 AM
The BISON men are sitting at 4-0 in the NCC and 3 teams are at 3-1. Mankato, Omaha and St Cloud. It just so happens that the BISON are the team that handed all of them their only loss.

Another ironic point is all three of these teams have beaten the unbeatable wabbits.

WYOBISONMAN
01-18-2004, 01:13 PM
I think I may be eating some crow since I didn't think the Mens BB program was up to snuff in D2......but it is a crow I am glad to eat. Congrats to a surprising Bison BB team!

SDSUFAN
01-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Congrads to the Bison team and fans for the good start that you guys have put together so far.

Right now it looking like wins 5 and 6 next weekend are very possible for the Bison.(Augie and SDSU)

The Jacks are really struggling. We dont have Center who can play since Matt Jones is still out with what they seem to believe is Lymes disease and maybe not be back for another month. Cerveny is out of shape and worthless, CaLvin Melany needs a kick in the rear, but maybe things will turn around this weekend. *Right now not so sure.
We seem to be giving up the perimeter, so Nemmers and all the other Bison shootists should have a good day in Brookings. *Our three true freshman, Green Beran and Wenning are kind of shellshocked from the competitive NCC schedule. *We need to break out at home or you guys can start making your reservations for Bakerfield Ca in March. (MENS ELITE EIGHT). *

I am rather unhappy and unsure as a Jack Fan, but maybe we can regroup. Now that will disappoint the Bison fans, but it competition.

Come down to Brookings on Jan 24 and bid on our hog at half time. Its the pork classic and a hog will be auctioned off at half time. *The two wheel cage and tractor are not part of the sale. Just the hog in full life.

Also get a good pork lion sandwich before the game for *6 bucks.

BisonMav
01-18-2004, 03:54 PM
The Bison have a good bench. They don't lose a step in the rotations. The Green's may be outsized, but they make up for it in their leaping ability and basketball skills. The other teams get tired at the end of the game from chasing the guards all game. In the post game interviews, talk was, if you can pull USD out of their zone, you are doing something right. USD would go cover the perimeter and the baseline would open up. Miles is doing a good job coaching and the team is executing the game plan.