PDA

View Full Version : UNO - Game

BisonMav
01-16-2004, 07:56 PM
Big Game tonight for first place in the NCC.
Bison can make a statemnt by winning both games this weekend.

BisonMav
01-17-2004, 01:30 AM
Bison Women win 88-56 over UNO.

89rabbit
01-17-2004, 01:54 AM
Big Game tonight for first place in the NCC.
Bison can make a statemnt by winning both games this weekend.

Go Bison go!

IowaBison
01-17-2004, 02:06 AM
The game starts with free throws for UNO because we dunked during pregame! What a joke.

BisonMav
01-17-2004, 02:40 AM
The game starts with free throws for UNO because we dunked during pregame! *What a joke.

Bison have come back from 9-2 deficit to lead 30-20.

Bison up 32-22 at the half

BisonMav
01-17-2004, 03:48 AM
Bison 73-63 winners tonight. *Great 3-0 start to the NCC finally.

UND wins over USD and the Jacks loose again to Mankato.

SDbison
01-17-2004, 04:59 AM
Awesome!
Who would have thought the Bison would be 3-0 in the NCC and getting ready to face an 0-3 Coyote team on Saturday night. The Bison will need to come out with confidence and determination and keep it up for the entire game in order to post another victory. I am sure USD will be trying to put NDSU back where they think the Bison should be and get some respect back for themselves. I remember reading in the Sioux Falls newspaper 6 to 7 years ago (after a close win by USD) how they enjoyed beating NDSU because the "Bison think they are D1". Kind of funny to think about it now since NDSU is actually in the transition to D1. Congrats to the players and the coaches. Job well done. Keep it going!
Anybody go to the game tonight? What is so good about this team? Have they found some sort of team chemistry that has been missing for years? I listened to the last part of the game over the Internet. What's up with the free throws for dunking during warm-ups? Is this a new NCAA rule? Slam dunks are allowed during the actual game (except if you hang on the rim). Correct?

NDSU_grad
01-17-2004, 02:40 PM
I think I'm just as excited about the attendance numbers as I am the win. A tad over 4000 according to the Forum. They sounded pretty loud on the internet broadcast too.

BisonMav
01-17-2004, 02:48 PM
I have seen them play, but listened to the broadcast last night. The Bison have a deep and good bench. Not a very tall team, but with three guards, it helps wear down the other team trying to defense them. May and Erbes have been playing great off the bench. Cofield jumped center against UNO's 6'11" center. He didn't get the tip. Good to see the crowds coming back, over 4000 last night. Winning will do that.

When they brought dunking back, one of the rules was no dunking during warmups. It's not always called by the officials when it happens. I wasn't there, so I don't know how obvious it was.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2004, 06:03 AM
~I was at both games this weekened...the men are soo solid......they can shoot the 3 as good as anyone, and they are starting to play tough even dominate at times inside....their chemistry is unbelievable, they have no worries if someone isnt hitting cuz someone else will step up and produce....this is the first team in years I can remember that the men are just clearly better than other NCAA teams that they have played....I am so stoked hopefully they can keep it going....all the luv to Myles..this guy has had success wherever he has coached..Im going out on a limb and saying he is the best coach I have seen since the days I have started following them with Inniger.......amazing... :o

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2004, 06:06 AM
~the men are deep.....

USD played 7 guys maybe 8.........NDSU rotates an 8 man lineup..if they can keep up their confidence I think they can beat anyone...the women on the other hand..... ::)

roadwarrior
01-18-2004, 08:00 AM
a correction, silkamilka. The BISON men rotate in 9 players.

Sat night it was Aaron Green's night to step up. 15 points and 11 boards. The Green brothers are both very quick and rebound well despite their lack of height inside. May and Erbes are a great combo coming off the bench, although they were not as sharp against USD as they have been the other NCC games.

Wasnt it fun to see Nemmers get two 3 pointers before USD even touched the ball?

Attendance sat night over 4400.

roadwarrior
01-18-2004, 08:01 AM
It was great to see Lance Berwald in the crowd at the BSA for the USD game.

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Wasnt it fun to see Nemmers get two 3 pointers before USD even touched the ball?

~Nemmers has such a sweet stroke...at the beginnning of the year I was worried about the team bieng no fun to watch and really missing Denver Tenbroek, but man....they are fun to watch.......