PDA

View Full Version : Bison Men facing a test this weekend....

WYOBISONMAN
01-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Am I the only one that has been shocked by the success of the men's BB team this year? Who else out there is eating some BB Crow for dinner these days?

All I can say is WOW! things started out rocky and then just seem to have really come together. The raod trip this weekend will be a strong test for the Bison as they go up against a SDSU team that seems to be in a funk. It is dangerous thing, kind of like handling a half dead rattle snake.....you might get bit and it would hurt. I am hoping for 2-0 this weekend, but I am worried that we could likely be 1-1 this weekend. At any rate this excitement should bring back some crowds to the BSA for some great Basketball. Nothing is better for attendance than winning!

roadwarrior
01-20-2004, 04:54 PM
I've been to all four conference games so far and it has really been fun watching the team. So much balance on the team this year. And a huge credit to coach Miles. I will also be in SD this weekend for the next two. GO BISON!

BisonMav
01-20-2004, 05:01 PM
I was more surprised with the 0-5 start. They looked good when I saw them, good rotations etc. It hurt having Nemmers out at the beginning, along with all the new faces trying to blend into a team. They have a chance to win both this weekend, I wouldn't be disappointed with 1-1 weekend, 2-0 would be another major statement.

wfduck
01-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Am I the only one that has been shocked by the success of the men's BB team this year? *Who else out there is eating some BB Crow for dinner these days?

I truly thought the Herd was going to be sucking pond water this year. Wow am I wrong. I had about as much confidence as Saddams secretary. I thought they would be too small, and get killed inside.

One should never doubt the heart and soul of David Erbes. This kid is a stone cold killer. He was doubted out of HS and went to NDSCS and as they say the rest is history.

BisonMav
01-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Our neighbors to the north didn't think he would make an impact either. You can't measure heart by statistics. See page two on this thread.

SueSports (http://66.220.1.104/forums/index.php?showtopic=980&hl=erbes&st=20)

D
01-20-2004, 07:46 PM
If you don't doubt Erbes upon looking at him or seeing his body size on a program you are not right mentally. *He's a hard worker who has the ability that few have to read the ball off the rim. *However, lets not annoint him as the second coming of Wes Unseld just yet, give him another 5 games or so and if the same numberes are being put up, go ahead. :)

Bisonfan1234
01-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Obviously he (and NDSU) has already proved himself as one of the best players in the NCC.

NDSU is the best team in the conference and we've practically already won it.

WYOBISONMAN
01-20-2004, 09:47 PM
I think his number speak for themselves. Turns out a great recruit and great vison by the Bison coaching staff. The kid seems to have a lot of heart.

D
01-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Obviously he (and NDSU) has already proved himself as one of the best players in the NCC.

NDSU is the best team in the conference and we've practically already won it.

I've never thought a 1 game lead was that decisive, but you seem pretty sure of it. I also don't think someone who averages 7.8 ppg and 5 and 1/2 rebounds a game is one of the best players in the conference. Interesting theories.

Bisonfan1234
01-21-2004, 12:35 AM
He's one of the best players on the best team in the conference...taht automatically qualifies him for the MVP.

mojobison
01-21-2004, 12:45 AM
NDSU is in the lead by one game and Erbes is a very good player. On the other hand, NDSU could end up in last place and Erbes comes in off the bench.

D
01-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Bisonfan1234,
He is 6th on the team in scoring and 2nd in rebs. *Jack May is averaging more then Erbes in both regards, does that make him the front-runner for conference MVP? *Not a chance. *You make no sense. *Your ideas swing more then a pregnent woman's mood. *"Get rid of Miles, we need a real coach who can get it done, we suck." * And now they are the best team in the conference after 1/4 of the games have been played? *They are off to a great start in the NCC, Erbes has played well, but by no stretch of the imagination is he a conference MVP right now nor can or should anyone say that the Bison are the best team in the conference, let alone that they "practically have it wrapped up". *There are 12 games left, the league is light years away from being decided.

roadwarrior
01-21-2004, 04:33 AM
"D" has now gotten to know the bisonfan1234 that we all know and love ::)