PDA

View Full Version : Bison Bball season reminds me of 2002 football

Bisonfan1234
12-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Can anything go right for this team? Please?

Is this going to mean that Miles is gone and we bring in a D1 coach to really turn things around ala Coach Bohl?

Tayler has to be thinking the same thing after we lost to Moorhead!!!!

somebison
12-14-2003, 07:09 PM
i think it is a little early to call for the head of miles they have some tough losses (ex. #5 cal-poly pomona in OT), and hopefully can turn it around in conference play. Miles won the North Central Region with SW Minnesota St. in 01 and took them to the elite 8.. a place the SU men haven't been in a while

met1990
12-15-2003, 02:10 AM
How many of you were at the women's game on Saturday? I was and let me say, if i wasn't worried about going D-I, I am now. Playing the No. 6-ranked team in the nation and the only cheers of the night were for the D-II football game score. If there is an opposite of a D-I atmosphere the BSA might be it.

NDSU_grad
12-15-2003, 04:39 PM

Is this going to mean that Miles is gone and we bring in a D1 coach to really turn things around ala Coach Bohl?

First of all, losing to a NSIC team is not like losing to an NSIC team in football. Secondly, it's not like the Bison basketball is exactly steeped in tradition, so I think the analogies to 2002 Bison football is a bit out of line. Thirdly, exactly who are we going to get to coach a team in DI transition that will likely find itself in a low- to mid-major conference? Tim Miles has shown he is a good, energetic young coach who has been successful everywhere he's went. There's a lot of newcomers on this team and they've had to battle through some tough injuries. We'll have to see where they are at the end of the season.

wfduck
12-17-2003, 01:27 PM

from what i've read, seen and heard miles is a class act but where are the players? so far i'm not to impressed with the recruiting etc. with the right sell job Koenig is playing Farg and not Green Bay

NDSU_grad
12-17-2003, 02:52 PM
From all reports, the freshmen coming in next year are pretty good. I don't think Koenig comes here even if Tom Izzo is coach. It would be a pretty tough sell to a top-level mid-major recruit to get him to come to a program that wouldn't be postseason eligible during the time he was year. I think Miles is the guy. He's been successful everywhere he's been, and we have to stick with him at least through the transition.

somebison
01-20-2004, 10:17 PM

still think miles needs to go ::)

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2004, 10:56 PM
from what i've read, seen and heard miles is a class act but where are the players? so far i'm not to impressed with the recruiting etc. with the right sell job Koenig is playing Farg and not Green Bay

~NDSU had absolutely no shot at getting Koenig, there was even a time Kansas was looking at him with Williams when he was a junior..Koenig wanted to have a chance to play in the NCAA tournament in March, and he had no shot with NDSU...SU had no shot of getting him whatsoever......the fact that SU isnt eligible for any post season tournament for 5 years or whatever the duration is WILL effect recruiting, its inevitable.....kids want the chance and oppurtunity to play in that tournament, its that simple...

Bisonfan1234
01-21-2004, 12:34 AM
still think miles needs to go ::)

Why did you both bringing this up? you know exactly how i feel now that they're winning.

somebison
01-21-2004, 12:44 AM
Why did you both bringing this up? you know exactly how i feel now that they're winning.

what happens if they lose this weekend?

Bisonfan1234
01-21-2004, 04:35 AM
I won't be as supportive but i will still be happy with the team.

silkamilkamonico
01-21-2004, 05:43 AM

~you a fairweather fan?

Bisonfan1234
01-21-2004, 06:05 AM
Is that bad?

Why would i waste my time and money on a team that doesn't even have a chance to win?

WYOBISONMAN
01-21-2004, 06:12 AM
Bison fans ought to support the team win or loose. *I would never not give my Team Maker dollars just because the program isn't winning.... ::)

It is one thing to say the team needs work....another to not support the program.

Ricky1
01-21-2004, 06:14 AM
Your gonna go to the Football games for the next 5 years aren't you? Not gonna be many people going into the "Championship room" for at least a few more years. (As soon as they made that room, it's like they were cursed or something).

You've been going to football games for the past 10 years and supporting them haven't you and they haven't won jack. Why stop now for Basketball.

D
01-21-2004, 06:21 AM

That about sums it up.

Bisonfan1234
01-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Here's the deal: i'm a football fan. I will support NDSU football even if they have 5 0-11 seasons.

I'm not too big on bball, so it will take a winning team for them to hold my attention.

I don't really care if this isn't acceptable or not to you guys...it's just how i am.

silkamilkamonico
01-21-2004, 09:18 PM
~I know what your saying 1234......I bleed green and gold, but I can honestly saw I am not concerned in the least how the wrestling team is doing, or softball, or track and field...I like football, basketball, and I have actually started going to some vball games, but thats more sport than I need....btw I think vball will have the toughest transition to make to D1-AA...like they all wont be difficult though...

BisonInTexas
01-24-2004, 04:35 AM
Your gonna go to the Football games for the next 5 years aren't you? *Not gonna be many people going into the "Championship room" for at least a few more years. *(As soon as they made that room, it's like they were cursed or something).

The championship room was made at Dacotah Field in the 70s, if not before that. It probably was started by Dr. Isrow in the 60's. Its not like they just added it to the Fargodome, so don't blame it on the Championship Room. Blame it on Entzion.

Craig