PDA

View Full Version : Moe Hargrow Transfers Out of Minnesota

BisonMav
01-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Wonder where Hargrow will endup. *Would be a nice replacement at guard next year. *How does the transfer rule affect him if he transfers to a Division II school that will be Division I next year?
Moe Hargrow (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1716369)

silkamilkamonico
01-24-2004, 01:48 AM
~I think he can play right away .....if the rule is same as it is in football.....

BisonMav
01-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Could Hargrow or any other DI player, still transfer this semester, register late, and play with the Bison this season?

The Pioneer Press today said Hargrow is looking at a Division I school. John Thompsons son that recruited Hargrow is now at Arkansas, which is a possibility.

mustangfan
01-24-2004, 06:09 PM
I don't think he can play this year. I don't think you can play for two teams in the same year at the D1 and D2 level. you can have someone go from D2 to D3 after a semester but not 1 to 2 or 2 to 1.

D
01-24-2004, 07:41 PM
I can't think of many cases where a player has transferred to a soon-to-be provisional DI school. I do recall back in the late 90's when Morningside announced they were leaving the NCC, they had a mass exodus of their best players, Schneiderman to Northern Iowa, Drevo to Nebraska, and they had a real good 5-8 PG who transferred to Denver, then a provisional DI team. He did have to sit out, but that case is DII to provisional DI, so it may not be the same with a transfer from DI to provisional in waiting.

BisonMav
01-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Today's Pioneer Press says Hargrow will visit Arkansas.
They mentioned that he had one other option he was looking at.

His playing status is such that he can sit out next fall and start playing in the second semester of a Division I school next year, and that would be it. Or he could sit out a full year and play a full season the following year.